Wrath of God?

Inlove you remind me of someone and I cant think of who.. you say things then overthink them thinking you were slighting someone or may have overstepped your bounds... who did that to you? You havent said one thing wrong...ever. I dont think you have it in you to say something hurtful to someone and yet you are apologizing. Humility is beautiful and its humbling to those who are on the other side of it.

May God bless you richly. *hugs*

Quahom1 said:
Edited to add: There is no one here that I can name that Silas has not banished to Hell. Given enough rope, he will do it to you and Dor as well. That is why I am so frustrated with him. We have all tried to help him. I know he is sincere, but I know where he comes from, and I am not going there ever again, God help me.
Hmm wonder why that is?

...erm...sorry to have caused such controversy... with my last comment on this thread I was parodying lucifer's fall from grace, how he incurred the wrath of God, etc... but, hey... maybe I'm too clever for my own good with that one... the response I was looking for was "... hey, Lucifer tried that and see where it got him...", to which I would have added the acronym- "lol"....

and secondly... for the record, faithful servant...

I do not completely hate everything xtians believe in/stand for, as individuals or as a group... far from it, in fact....

but of course, u are free to believe what u like about me, and I in turn shall manifest from time to time as the much maligned one and u can beat me with big sticks...

...erm...sorry to have caused such controversy... with my last comment on this thread I was parodying lucifer's fall from grace, how he incurred the wrath of God, etc... but, hey... maybe I'm too clever for my own good with that one... the response I was looking for was "... hey, Lucifer tried that and see where it got him...", to which I would have added the acronym- "lol"....

I do not completely hate everything xtians believe in/stand for, as individuals or as a group... far from it, in fact....

but of course, u are free to believe what u like about me, and I in turn shall manifest from time to time as the much maligned one and u can beat me with big sticks...

You wont even say Christ... its xtians.. Sorry but some of us are fighting the worlds attempt at doing away with Christ. Your contempt cant be any more blatant for our Lord.. and yes I will call you on your rudeness.. if thats a big stick then you must have been sheltered in your life. Christians invented martyrdom so give it up.

No sweat, I'll beat anyone senseless IAW CR COC, if they get out of line (lol). Eh, it's my job...:eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Why does everyone jump all over Silas talking about Christian beliefs on a Christian forum and not francis who completely hates everything we believe and stand for as Christians and is bold enough to say it. Why is he censored and not her? What comes to my mind is that in the latter days what is good is called bad and what is bad is called good... and many will hate us for His name's sake.. I cant help but see the similarities.
Namaste FS,

Do you think we shouldn't expect more from followers of Jesus? Do we, should we not hold ourselves to a WWJD standard?

Truth is no one was born to live upto our expectations (not even our children), but when somewhere along the line one signs a contract, all signatory parties expect compliance in the framework of that contract.

And while yes, we can find some table tipping, and some pointed comments, the bulk of Jesus's life, talks and parables are about forgiveness, grace, and living in love. So fire and brimstone frankly confuses me when it is preached 90% of the time...

Namaste FS,

Do you think we shouldn't expect more from followers of Jesus? Do we, should we not hold ourselves to a WWJD standard?
Actually no Wil. We should not expect more from us followers.
Jesus warned us that we be hated as much as everyone hated him.

Namaste FS,

Truth is no one was born to live upto our expectations (not even our children), but when somewhere along the line one signs a contract, all signatory parties expect compliance in the framework of that contract.

And while yes, we can find some table tipping, and some pointed comments, the bulk of Jesus's life, talks and parables are about forgiveness, grace, and living in love. So fire and brimstone frankly confuses me when it is preached 90% of the time...

Thats a tactic that satan uses against believers. "Your a hypocrate, You'll never be like Jesus, You'll never be good enough to get into heaven, Why do you even try. Your going to hell neener neener neener. Your not good enough to be a christian. you think Jesus loves you?? YEah right"

Ive heard them all in my own head wil.. sorry but Jesus conquered satan on the cross.. I learned that in 2nd grade of my spiritual level. :)

Thats a tactic that satan uses against believers. "Your a hypocrate, You'll never be like Jesus, You'll never be good enough to get into heaven, Why do you even try. Your going to hell neener neener neener. Your not good enough to be a christian. you think Jesus loves you?? YEah right"

Ive heard them all in my own head wil.. sorry but Jesus conquered satan on the cross.. I learned that in 2nd grade of my spiritual level. :)
Funny that is what I hear you and Silas saying to me. Have I misinterpretted?

And dor says we shouldn't hold ourselves and our brothers to a higher standard?

"Should you not fear me?" declares the Lord. "Should you not tremble in my presence?" (Jer 5:22)

Actually Wil you took mine the wrong way.
I was saying plainly that followers are held to the same standard because it is not Silas, me, FS or any other believer that people hate it is Christ and his message.

Actually Wil you took mine the wrong way.
I was saying plainly that followers are held to the same standard because it is not Silas, me, FS or any other believer that people hate it is Christ and his message.
You know, you all must live in some pretty different neighborhoods. I've lived in NY, NM, AZ, NV, CA, NJ, MD, FL, GA...traveled to 49 states, parts of Mexico, Canada and the islands....I haven't met anyone I can say that hates Jesus. I've been with Buddhists, Taoists, Hindus, Jews, Muslims, and various interfaith groups and those I play with, don't hate Jesus. They may not believe as I do, but to the Hindu's he is a guru, a teacher, to the Jews and Muslims a prophet...the Buddhists and Taoists don't get excited either way....but I keep reading from you all about people hating Christ...I don't run into those people....and I get around quite a bit.

The only place I really found animosity was over trying to discuss subjects with the crowd at evilbible.com and even they don't hate Christ....they do have problems with some Christians thou.

Now in your face prosylitzing....most of the world dislikes telemarketers.

You know, you all must live in some pretty different neighborhoods. I've lived in NY, NM, AZ, NV, CA, NJ, MD, FL, GA...traveled to 49 states, parts of Mexico, Canada and the islands....I haven't met anyone I can say that hates Jesus. I've been with Buddhists, Taoists, Hindus, Jews, Muslims, and various interfaith groups and those I play with, don't hate Jesus. They may not believe as I do, but to the Hindu's he is a guru, a teacher, to the Jews and Muslims a prophet...the Buddhists and Taoists don't get excited either way....but I keep reading from you all about people hating Christ...I don't run into those people....and I get around quite a bit.

The only place I really found animosity was over trying to discuss subjects with the crowd at evilbible.com and even they don't hate Christ....they do have problems with some Christians thou.

Ok Ive also been all over lived in Fla, Ga, Al, MS, TX, ID, WA, been to Mexico, all provinces of Canada, Ha, Phillipines, Singapore, Australia, Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong, UAE, Kuwait, Iraq. Ive met many that hate Jesus *hell Ive met some on here* the difference is most will not admit it they hide it behind their words and actions.

Ok Ive also been all over lived in Fla, Ga, Al, MS, TX, ID, WA, been to Mexico, all provinces of Canada, Ha, Phillipines, Singapore, Australia, Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong, UAE, Kuwait, Iraq. Ive met many that hate Jesus *hell Ive met some on here* the difference is most will not admit it they hide it behind their words and actions.
As you are much more world traveled than I, I'll have to defer to your experience, however stateside I suppose it could just be a difference of perspective.
There was a stranger walking down the road. He came upon a farmer in a nearby field. He said to the farmer, "Now what are the people like in the next town?" The farmer retorted, "Well, what were the people like in the last town you came from?" The stranger replied, "Well, they were all pretty angry, unhappy, and close minded." The farmer then responded, "Yep, you'll pretty much find the people in the next town to be the same way." The next morning another traveler was walking down the same road, sees the same farmer in his field and asks, "Now what are the people like in the next town?" The farmer then said, "Well, what were the people like in the last town?" The traveler said, "Oh, they were all very open and giving and caring and warm." The farmer then replied, "Yep, you'll pretty much find that in the next town as well."

I lived in Trinidad, NY, and MD and I have met many people from different religions who say that they do not hate Jesus. Yet, not one of them was willing to forsake their idol god, repent and trust in Christ.

"
And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil." - John 3:19

Christ is the light of the world and men do not love Him, else they would come.

I lived in Trinidad, NY, and MD and I have met many people from different religions who say that they do not hate Jesus. Yet, not one of them was willing to forsake their idol god, repent and trust in Christ.
Not one, yet another surprise. I've met folks that have gone both to and from Christianity...discovered and found their path...not to say they won't in time find another or return to the former...

Yes not believing in Jesus or not believing Jesus is G-d, or the Son of G-d, or the Messiah...quite different from hating Jesus.

You listed Maryland last....does that mean we are neighbors?? I'm over near the Bay Bridge...

Not one, yet another surprise. I've met folks that have gone both to and from Christianity...discovered and found their path...not to say they won't in time find another or return to the former...

Yes not believing in Jesus or not believing Jesus is G-d, or the Son of G-d, or the Messiah...quite different from hating Jesus.

You listed Maryland last....does that mean we are neighbors?? I'm over near the Bay Bridge...

lol...Yeah, I'm in MD now. Its a far cry from NY. I'm in the Essex area in Baltimore County. Is that close to you? All that said, the people who leave the Christian faith are those who have never been born again. In fact, they leave to show that they were never of the faith (1 John 2:19). People dont get regenerated, or born again by God's doing, to get unborn again, again. Salvation doesnt work that way. Lastly, yes, not coming to Christ that your sins may be forgiven, does mean that you hate Jesus. There is nothing stopping the sinner from coming to Christ than his/her on desier not to. Rather than doing God's will and denying self and being a follower of Christ, people want to be the captian of their own faith and master of their own souls. That is why people "choose to surpress the truth in unrighteousness."

Back