gratitude....

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I should probably start two threads...but they were given to me combined so I thought I'd pass them off combined.

That weekend training for Sunday school teachers I spoke of. We received two great gifts...both I'm grateful for, both relating to Gratitude...and love and science (hence the location of this post)

The HeartMath Institute...we had a certified trainer come do train the trainers for us on various tested, verified and proven methods....now their methods are wonderful for use for yourself and others (and info free online) and their gadgets are incredible...we got to play with them, but I'm going to buy some, so I will report back...you might wanna look up the quick coherence technique and neutral, and freeze frame...

A Complaint Free World bracelets were also handed out...every time you complain you need to switch the little rubber bracelet from one wrist to the next...the goal is 21 days complaint free....the question is...how many months will it take to get 21 days in a row?? This was one minister's idea...wanted a complaint free church...and now they've given away almost a million bracelets....do you have a workplace, organization, church, team, school, family or wrist that could use this tool?? Check them out!

Discussion of either iether or both encouraged. (did that little intentional typo correctly indicate eee-ther eye-ther? People say that...but how do they write it?)

Complaint Free World

So when I ordered 200 purple Complaint Free World wrist bands they had already shipped 850,000. 4 days later I got an email saying that they broke a million and had requests from half the countries in the world!

Tuesday morning I checked, their list of orders was 1.2 million, later that morning the preacher of the church that started it was on Oprah. Today, Wednesday morning, 2.3 million...that woman has a following!

Can you contemplate 2.3 million people working on not complaining?

I am writing to complain that after waiting over 28 days I have still not recieved my wristband!!:)

I am writing to complain that after waiting over 28 days I have still not recieved my wristband!!:)
They is still lookin for a hoof band large enough to get over those dinnerplate shoes of yours...

I've still not received the 250 that I ordered...

I can't fathom what is going on over there...today I checked they are upto over 4.3 million orders. Say 10% ordered a single band...that is 430,000 packages...Say the remainder averaged 100 per order...thats only another 38,000 packages and then counting them out...

They aren't a huge church...they've got to be wiping out their volunteer pool....what an undertaking!

Air conditioning is out during 90+ degree days with high humidity...

I am grateful for fans, convection and 75 degree nights....

Bless your pea pickin heart Wil...heat index here was 104 degrees today. Even rain didn't help. Lightening knocked out our power. Even though we were sweating profusely, my bride didn't accept my suggestion. Naked and wet sounded good to me:)

Lol, pea picking! I dislike cooked peas....but when I pick and shuck peas as many go in me as the bowl...

Thankful for fresh fruit and veggie season from the garden.

I'm grateful for good-for-something drivers, especially if said drivers are at the wheel of the bus that I'm on. A couple of drivers avoided being in "tender fender benders" with people who got their licenses in a box of Cracker Jacks(tm) as the "secret toy surprise" imho.

I'm also grateful for :kitty:s who seem to know when I need some extra attention due to my frustration with the new transit system fare (the drivers don't seem to listen/understand that I don't pay the full fare due to being on a reduced-fare program, which gives me an entire day with just one fare [medical reasons].) What's ironic is that I'm not the only person on the program who is dealing with this enuram!

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Watching colorful leaves float to the ground
My favorite time of the year.

All our Chicago leaves left a few weeks ago. Now they’re just mulch for the street sweepers.

Glad to hear it fellows. You can watch them to your hearts content at our place. Don't forget to bring your rakes.:D
100_2399.JPG

....and that's just the northeast corner of the back yard!​

Since you didn't click on the daily rant flag I take it you are thankful you have a backyard.
Did you miss the comment above the photo? Just joking in response to your's and Steve's comment about liking to watch leaves fall. We have more than 20 mature trees on our property. But yes, I am quite grateful and thankful to God for this property and all the other blessings my wife and I have received over our nearly 30 years together. I guess I'm the most grateful for just that. A solid marriage that has stood the test of time.

Last edited:
I am grateful for this place, and those that are here to play nice. It is like walking into the "Cheers" bar, Sam, Norm, Carla, Coach, Cliff. Fraser and the gang...every now and then we have an interesting guest, some stranger causes a bar fight, we argue over minutia... But so often it is a comfortable place for interesting conversation. Yeah, I wish it were busier for the owner's sake, always afraid some developer is gonna tear down the whole block.

I am grateful for this place, and those that are here to play nice. It is like walking into the "Cheers" bar, Sam, Norm, Carla, Coach, Cliff. Fraser and the gang...every now and then we have an interesting guest, some stranger causes a bar fight, we argue over minutia... But so often it is a comfortable place for interesting conversation. Yeah, I wish it were busier for the owner's sake, always afraid some developer is gonna tear down the whole block.

I think there is a fine line to walk on sites like this. An infusion of new people is welcome when they provide meaningful conversation and thoughts that help all of us learn and engage with one another and engage in interfaith dialogue. We’ve had a few of those people join us recently.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, this site could also easily become proselytizing/bigot central with an influx of more people and destroy what iBrian and so many of you built. I am grateful and humbled to learn and benefit from all of your insights, knowledge, and yes, even the occasional squabbles.

The reality is that we’ll never be the biggest or fanciest forum, but we’re not in danger of being bought up either. So let’s keep the community we have, grow it where we can so it includes as wide of a religious spread as possible, and keep showing the Internets that the idea of civil, interfaith dialogue is not only viable, but desperately needed.

I think there is a fine line to walk on sites like this. An infusion of new people is welcome when they provide meaningful conversation and thoughts that help all of us learn and engage with one another and engage in interfaith dialogue. We've had a few of those people join us recently.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, this site could also easily become proselytizing/bigot central with an influx of more people and destroy what iBrian and so many of you built. I am grateful and humbled to learn and benefit from all of your insights, knowledge, and yes, even the occasional squabbles.

The reality is that we’ll never be the biggest or fanciest forum, but we’re not in danger of being bought up either. So let’s keep the community we have, grow it where we can so it includes as wide of a religious spread as possible, and keep showing the Internets that the idea of civil, interfaith dialogue is not only viable, but desperately needed.

Now this post should be included in our Code of Conduct.
Perhaps even forwarded to all new members

This is what Interfaith.org is all about!
415_zps4219fd36.gif~c200

I'm very grateful for this website where I've been able to type without being harassed, abused, or booted yet! Also for good food and things I like, like books, movies, toys, and most of all my thoughts and thinking and everything that makes me happy! I am very grateful to be alive and be me and look like I do too!

I am very grateful that my parents are my parents and raised me the way I did and for all my loved ones and pets! I am very grateful for my relationship and positive interaction with most things and animals.

I don't understand what gratefulness is except a sentence cut short when not in relation To something, like grateful for something To something, like a person or God or whatever specific thing is being thanked or given credit for the thing I'm pleased about.

Others seem to use this term as a good feeling about certain things but without any credit involved to whatever or whoever is deemed responsible either immediately or ultimately.

When I use the word "Gratitude" God is the given.
That is honestly what I thought too, but when asking and interviewing people I ended up finding out there are a whole bunch saying "be grateful" but having an empty slot after the "to?" question and I found it really weird or a misuse of language. It was almost like they secretly were grateful to God but just didn't want to admit it or say it because they officially don't believe in God or whatever, but still want to do this "thankful, grateful, appreciative" thing I've heard them talk about so much these days. Some compromise a bit and say "to the Universe" but the weirdest for me are the ones who just refuse to give it any "to" and insist its just something to "practice" without any direction.

Back