Queen of Heaven

Dor

Bible Thumper
Reaction score
In 1954, Pope Pius XII officially declared Mary the Queen of Heaven.
Here is the full text of his encyclical AD CAELI REGINAM.

Now my question is why would he do that when we are told who was considered the queen of heaven in scripture?
Read Jeremiah 7 and 44 if you do not know.

Could they have determined that this was Mary?

Matthew 26

6While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, 7a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table. 8When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. "Why this waste?" they asked. 9"This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor."
10Aware of this, Jesus said to them, "Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. 12When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."

I've always wondered who this was...some supposed Mary Magdelene...

But if it was mom and Jesus is the Prince of Peace....that would make her Queen...maybe....

I thought the "Queen of Heaven" is apart of the endtime dellusion that people are going through. Its really a power of air aka demon from the OT. The Catholic church has a huge part in prophecy, I think.

Now my question is why would he do that when we are told who was considered the queen of heaven in scripture?

Pope Pius the 12th was not exactly a stellar papal figure, nor did he consider the bible first and foremost. Many things have been retracted by Catholocism since his departure.

v/r

Joshua

I thought the "Queen of Heaven" is apart of the endtime dellusion that people are going through. Its really a power of air aka demon from the OT. The Catholic church has a huge part in prophecy, I think.

Well then your first statement appears to counter your last. If the catholic church is dellusional about something (prophecy), how can it be part of prophecy, when prophecy doesn't exist, except as a delusion?

If you can't stand catholocism, simply state it eh?

No idea. "Queen of Heaven" in Jeremiah 7 and 44 refers (IMO) to Asherah, consort of El.

G-d apparently really, really hates people worshipping her, making groves, etc.

No idea. "Queen of Heaven" in Jeremiah 7 and 44 refers (IMO) to Asherah, consort of El.

That is also what I garnered from the passages.

v/r

Joshua

Well then your first statement appears to counter your last. If the catholic church is dellusional about something (prophecy), how can it be part of prophecy, when prophecy doesn't exist, except as a delusion?

If you can't stand catholocism, simply state it eh?

You do know that you way over analyzed that, right? I didnt say that the Catholic church is dellusional about prophecy, but that they may be apart of endtime prophecy. I'm not learned in eschotology, but I am aware that it is an old belief that the Catholic church is the "great whore" described in the book of Revalation. I personally dont know if that's true or not? All that said, it is possible to be dellusional about prophecy and still be apart of it. Homosexuals in Romans 1 come to mind. They have been given over to a depraved mind and dont know it. Scary, right? But agian, I'm not talking about the Catholic church being dellusional, but that it may be apart of prophecy.

Its a false god. A prince of the power of the air coming as an angel of light. Just like the Mary appeartions today. There's truely nothing new under the sun.

You do know that you way over analyzed that, right? I didnt say that the Catholic church is dellusional about prophecy, but that they may be apart of endtime prophecy. I'm not learned in eschotology, but I am aware that it is an old belief that the Catholic church is the "great whore" described in the book of Revalation. I personally dont know if that's true or not? All that said, it is possible to be dellusional about prophecy and still be apart of it. Homosexuals in Romans 1 come to mind. They have been given over to a depraved mind and dont know it. Scary, right? But agian, I'm not talking about the Catholic church being dellusional, but that it may be apart of prophecy.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

v/r

Joshua

What part exactly? I said a lot that requires a lot of scriptural truth to be considered.

The part about the "queen of heaven" being "A prince of the power of the air coming as an angel of light".

cheers dor, I thought it was 1956.. anyway... the womb of God idea caused a schism in the early church, did it not..? the idea that mary's ascension was in the 1950's tickles me no end...

The part about the "queen of heaven" being "A prince of the power of the air coming as an angel of light".

OK. I base my answer on Jer 7 and 44. The prophet is warning the people about their idolatry. The people had been praying to other gods, including "the queen of Heaven" and the prophet Jer. is not to pray for Judah because of this sin. Since I know from the text that "the queen of Heaven" isnt God, but instead false god causing the people to worship "her," I look at this phenomen in light of the New Testament's reverlation of angel and demonology, namely "the devil comes as an angel of light" (2 Cor 11:14).

I look at this phenomen in light of the New Testament's reverlation of angel and demonology, namely "the devil comes as an angel of light" (2 Cor 11:14).

Thanks.

Are you thinking of the "queen of heaven" as being visible? I'd never thought of that.

Thanks.

Are you thinking of the "queen of heaven" as being visible? I'd never thought of that.

Yeah. I wouldnt doubt it. I wouldnt doubt that all those people who have claimed to see "Mary apperations" in the sky, did in fact see something. The same "queen of heaven" these people claim to see, could in fact be the same one from the Old Testament's time.

Just like to point out again that the 'queen of heaven' of Jeremiah is Asherah, consort of El.

If I am to equate Asherah with the Virgin Mary,
do I also equate the pagan god 'El' with Elohim ... as the link is even closer?

I rather think one is supposed to understand and discern the text.

+++

Similarly, Proverbs and Wisdom presents 'Wisdom' as a woman, who was with God before the creation of the world ... is the Bible saying she is a god, therefore?

Thomas

Could they have determined that this was Mary?

Matthew 26

6While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, 7a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table. 8When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. "Why this waste?" they asked. 9"This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor."
10Aware of this, Jesus said to them, "Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. 12When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. 13I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."

I've always wondered who this was...some supposed Mary Magdelene...

But if it was mom and Jesus is the Prince of Peace....that would make her Queen...maybe....

Maybe they thought it was Mary Magdelene because of these passages:

"And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head.
And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made?
For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.
And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me.
For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always.
She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying. Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her." - Mark 14:3-9

Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.
(It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.) - John 11:1-2

"And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils" - Luke 8:2

I don't think you can construe this to be Mary, whoever she is, as the mother of Jesus by any stretch of the imagination.

Back