heres a interesting question if you think about it,

I agree with antianira: the alleged 'separation' is just a way of saying, "Freedom of Religion", which means that each individual must choose in whom or what they believe in. It is not the place of any government or group to oppressively place themselves between the individual and God (or nature, enlightenment, spirit dances, etc...).

A couple of verses from Christ on Law:
Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law: judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

On Government:
Matthew 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Matthew 20:25-27 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, You know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority over them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; and whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant.

RELIGION AND PLLITICS AFFECT EACH ONTHER IN A VERY VOLOTILE WAY AND SHOULD SHOULD BE KEPT APART. FROM EACH OTHER. WHEN RELIGION AND POLITICS ARE MARRIED THEY BRING FORTE THE CHILDREN OF RELIGION INTOLERANCE, BIGOTRY AND PERSICUTION.EACH USES THE OTHER'S POWER TO ADVANCE ITS OWN AGENDA.THE POLITITION WILL THE POWER OF THE CHURCH TO BE ELECTED.tHE RELIGIOUS WOULD SWAY HIS FOLLOWERS TO VOTE FOR A PARTICULAR PARTY.ON THE OTHER HAND ANYONE WHO DISAGREE WITH TGHE TENETS OF THE CHURCH WOULD BE PERCUTED BY THE STRONG ARE OF THE GOVERNMENTHISTORY IS REPLETE WITH SUCH ALLIENCESIT BEHOVES THE FOLLOWER HIS RELIGION CONVICTION AS FAR AS THE WOULD HIM TI PRACTICE HIS BELIFES WITHOUT INFRINGING ON THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS.POLITITIANS BE TRU TO YOUR RELIGION AND BE HONEST TRUE AND KIND THE RELIGIOUS LEADERS IN THE Day of christ united with the political power to condem and eventually crucify christ.

Back