Artist: Many Offers for Chocolate Jesus

BlaznFattyz

Reaction score
NEW YORK (AP) -- An anatomically correct chocolate sculpture of Jesus Christ infuriated Catholics and even led to threats, but the artist says offers to buy or exhibit the piece have been pouring in.
Artist Cosimo Cavallaro said Saturday that because of "some people who are fanatics" and the threats he received, he had stored the sculpture in a refrigerated truck in an undisclosed location.
A Manhattan gallery on Friday called off a planned exhibit of the 6-foot sculpture - called "My Sweet Lord" - amid a deluge of complaints from Catholics, including Cardinal Edward Egan....

Cont'd

There is the art that soothes...and the art that stirs controversy and causes folks to be aware of their buttons...

I don't like the controversial art...I don't like my buttons pushed or knowing there are sooooo many...

mmm... I always thought Jesus was tasty....
ok, that was just weird. why would you say something like that?
Not too much more shocking than all the stuff that used to go through my head as a child.

The whole communion this is my body and this is my blood thing used to thoroughly freak me out and then wanting us to go up and eat the bread and drink the juice...that was all quite weird to me...

Seems this artist could be challenging traditions old and new...communion, and chocolate easter bunnies...

As a kid it was always a little wierd too...the correct method of eating your easter bunny...ears first is standard...but do you go for the head, the feet or the tail after that?

As a kid it was always a little wierd too...the correct method of eating your easter bunny...ears first is standard...but do you go for the head, the feet or the tail after that?

That is so funny, I was going to ask about the ears.

(hmmm...maybe I do need to grow up.):D

There is the art that soothes...and the art that stirs controversy and causes folks to be aware of their buttons...

I don't like the controversial art...I don't like my buttons pushed or knowing there are sooooo many...

Ah, but it is soooo fun to push some buttons with art. And if you know the secret--that your buttons are being pushed--you can reroute the circuit. :)

Chocolate Jesus. The reason this is such a big deal isn't because someone made Jesus edible but because someone made Jesus black. ;)

Last edited:
Gosh, I want to post on this thread so badly....but I'm not going to....oops.:D

InPeace,
InLove

ok, that was just weird. why would you say something like that?

Because she is drawn to his bam chica wah wah....

Haven't you seen the pictures?

The picture is awesome... I was expecting like you know them mini chocolate bunnies... But this, this is good... I like.

Back