Satan is winning?

Is satan winning ..........things are not always as they seem . satan is not winning, and he knows he has a short period of time left. but he is very angry and he is on the rampage . i have hopefully got on all of the armour from God. then if he throws anything at me i will not be harmed. :)

This armor includes “the breastplate of righteousness.” (Ephesians 6:14)

Jehovah enables me to have my “feet shod with the equipment of the good news of peace.” (Ephesians 6:15)

(Ephesians 6:10, 11)
Put on the complete suit of armor from God that YOU may be able to stand firm against the machinations(Or, “crafty acts.)of the Devil;

We “oppose the Devil” by adhering to Bible standards and truths and by taking a firm stand against him.

Stand firm, therefore, with your loins girded about with truth,

The removal of Satan, his demons, and the wicked world is near. Satan knows he has “a short period of time.” He is wrathful and at war with those “who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus.” (Revelation 12:12, 17)

Because Christ’s followers were taught to look for a new world of God’s making, it must be concluded that this present world is not of God. The Bible confirms this conclusion. The Creator is not the ruler of the world and is not responsible for its wicked fruits. Its ruler and god is identified by the Scriptures as Satan, the wicked spirit creature who led a heavenly rebellion against the Supreme Sovereign. “The god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.” “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”—2 Cor. 4:4; 1 John 5:19.

Is satan winning ..........things are not always as they seem . satan is not winning, and he knows he has a short period of time left. but he is very angry and he is on the rampage . i have hopefully got on all of the armour from God. then if he throws anything at me i will not be harmed. :)

This armor includes “the breastplate of righteousness.” (Ephesians 6:14)

Jehovah enables me to have my “feet shod with the equipment of the good news of peace.” (Ephesians 6:15)

(Ephesians 6:10, 11)
Put on the complete suit of armor from God that YOU may be able to stand firm against the machinations(Or, “crafty acts.)of the Devil;

We “oppose the Devil” by adhering to Bible standards and truths and by taking a firm stand against him.

Stand firm, therefore, with your loins girded about with truth,

The removal of Satan, his demons, and the wicked world is near. Satan knows he has “a short period of time.” He is wrathful and at war with those “who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus.” (Revelation 12:12, 17)

Because Christ’s followers were taught to look for a new world of God’s making, it must be concluded that this present world is not of God. The Bible confirms this conclusion. The Creator is not the ruler of the world and is not responsible for its wicked fruits. Its ruler and god is identified by the Scriptures as Satan, the wicked spirit creature who led a heavenly rebellion against the Supreme Sovereign. “The god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.” “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”—2 Cor. 4:4; 1 John 5:19.
As 17th will point out, a full suit of armor leaves one clumsy, and restricted. The idea is to put on the armor needed for the situation at hand. One should have the "full suit of armor at one's disposal", but to put on what is needed for the situation at hand.

It's a soldier thing, and God understands, but non soldiers have no clue of...

As 17th will point out, a full suit of armor leaves one clumsy, and restricted. The idea is to put on the armor needed for the situation at hand. One should have the "full suit of armor at one's disposal", but to put on what is needed for the situation at hand.

It's a soldier thing, and God understands, but non soldiers have no clue of...
some may say that the armour is restricted , but without that armour we are easy prey . and satan has a way of picking us out when we are at our most vunrable , and that would be when we have our armour incomplete.

Just listening to some christian song... "And the good book says, we're WINNERS!!!"

Satan does play a role in the salvation of the human race. Satan is just one more "evil" that God uses in bringing many sons into glory. God "created evil" (Isa. 45:7). God does not create things that do not serve a good purpose.
I can’t remember how many times I have read or heard that God created Adam and Eve as perfect spiritual specimens of the human race. They were PERFECT in spiritual character, we are told, until Satan deceived Eve and she and Adam then both sinned.
And just where do you suppose they discovered such profound wisdom and knowledge regarding our first parents? Not from the Bible, I can assure you of that. Was Adam and Eve Perfect specimens of God’s spiritual character? They were NO SUCH THING!

"For it became [was fitting for…] Him [Jesus], for Whom are all things, and by Whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the Captain of their salvation PERFECT through suffering" (Heb. 2:10).

And that got me thinking eh? Are most of you donig the simple human trait of siding with the strong? What if the bible said something laong the lines of it wouldn't win.... In a final battle agaisnt satan, Satan and his armies shall defeat us..... Knowingly would you still side with god? Even though he was going to lose?

Final battle against Satan? What? God created Satan, God has no enemy...

"If we say that we have NO sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us" (I John 1:8).

Satan is a carnal-minded spirit. That may sound like a contradiction of terms, but I assure you that it is not. Carnal means fleshly, material, temporal. Satan deals with the flesh, material things, and temporal gratification. Satan is a spirit who thinks like a carnal-minded man. Although spirit by nature, Satan eats "dust" (man).

Why do you suppose we read this in Matt. 16:23: (Jesus and Peter)

But He turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, SATAN!"?

Because Satan was looking for lunch. And Peter was going to be Satan’s lunch! Satan dines on the "dust" of man’s carnality (which is enmity against God). In Luke 22:31 we read this:

"And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has desired to have you [laid claim on you], that he may sift you as wheat."

Satan was sifting Simon out of the chaff as a morsel of fine food to make a meal of him! Only Jesus could have seen it coming and prevented it. How often has Satan made a fine dinner of your carnal mind?

Satan is the deciever

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is NOT in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is NOT of the Father, but is of the world" (I John 2:15:16).

I stated that Satan has his part in the spiritual salvation of mankind. When God created our first parents in the Garden of Eden—Satan was there. When God called out the nation of Israel—Satan was there. When God wanted to test Job, one of the most perfect and righteous men who have ever lived—Satan was there. Whenever God chose to show mercy rather than condemnation on His people—Satan was there. When our Lord was being tested in the wilderness in preparation for His ministry—Satan was there. When Jesus chose Peter to possess the keys to the kingdom of God—Satan was there. Wherever God’s true gospel is preached in the world—Satan was there. Whenever God first shines the light of His Truth in man’s heaven—Satan was there. When God wanted to Sacrifice His Son for the sins of the world—Satan was there. When Ananias and Sapphira lied to God’s Holy Spirit—Satan was there. When Paul needed assistance in correcting a fornicator and a blasphemer—Satan was there. Whenever saints are tempted to disobey—Satan was there. When Paul himself was in danger of being lifted up because of transcendent spiritual revelations—Satan was there. Whenever, even the saints are fooled by great power and lying signs and wonders—Satan is there. When we look for the source of all the lying deception of the whole world—again, Satan is there.

Not only is the Bible a giant parable, but, all creation is a giant parable. Is it not real? Oh, it is real all right. But what we see, hear, and feel, in this physical universe, is not the lasting spiritual reality of God’s purpose for creation. In parables, the literalness of the words is but a symbol that stands for something spiritual and grand. The physical words of all parables will pass away, however, the spiritual fulfillment of those physical words will never pass away. This is another marvelous spiritual principal of understanding and wisdom.

"And the LORD Said unto SATAN, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, ‘From going TO AND FRO in the earth, and from walking UP AND DOWN in it" (Job. 1:7 and 2:2).

It is the "crooked [fugitive] SERPENT" SATAN who goes "TO AND FRO" and "UP AND DOWN" in the earth! God created Satan for this purpose.

but if it is finished why let the world continue. on one token more souls go to heaven, but on the other more reject jesus and get the consequences of that. and the bible seems inconclusive as to what the consequences of rejecting jesus are. many parts of the bible seem to say do good and god is with you, do evil and he is not. so what gives?

No it is not finished Jesus said it.

"34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34-39

...and the Bible is not inconclusive read my last post in "There's no such thing as Free will" it will make sense then...

I see a a future where Christians and Satanists learn to get along and maybe even eat ice cream together while laughing and reminiscing about "those foolish days of old."

I see a a future where Christians and Satanists learn to get along and maybe even eat ice cream together while laughing and reminiscing about "those foolish days of old."

I can get along with Christians, I even have a few friends that are Christian. We just don't discuss religion or Theology. Its the Fundamentalist, and the Apostolics that I have a hard time with. You know the ones that will quote you, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." I could care less what religion somebody else subscribes to, as long as they don't try forcing it off on me and let me live by my own beliefs.

Back