I think im going to hell

why would god let there be a such thing as schizophrenia. in a world where angels and gods and demons speak to people and give them visions why would there also be a mental condition that produces similar results.

could be because they are actually the same? it is just that psychological science wants to take credit for it instead of giving credit to God. "And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him." but you probably knew that already since you read the bible alot!;)

"And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?"
Matthew 14:26-31

This gives me hope.:)

"And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?"
Matthew 14:26-31

This gives me hope.:)

amen, prober, amen. mine hope is this part of the Gospel:

Luke 23 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same
condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
never fails to make me feel like a worm. thank God for His Christ!

I sometimes feel the holy spirit I think. But I also think I sold my soul to satan and I hear voices telling me Im gonna burn in hell. Should I go to church? I argue against it a lot but Im starting to want to trust that christianity is good. I still have problems thinking that people deserve hell, especially since I think hell is described by many to be a place ot torment and burning. But I was raised on christianity and it feels right and I like church music. I read the bible and get encouragement from some parts and discouragement in others. god seems like a pissed of judgemental hardcore guy. But I guess we deserve it or something.

I know this is the Christian section of the Forum.
Shadowman, I really think you need some balanced viewpoint in this. Find a sympathetic doctor, or if you have a pastor / church person or someone in real life away from this forum to talk to - it may be better to talk to someone face to face.

Your mind may be running things around and around without knowing where to stop. I am from a Christian background and have had some very bad times in the past - I sought help - through the medical profession primarily - and have found a way which is nearer to the Buddhist path.

look after yourself,

Ardenz

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Turn your face to Jesus today and say "remember me".

Pass me not O gentle saviour
Hear my humble cry
While on others thou art calling
Do not pass me by...

Turn your face to Jesus today and say "remember me".

Pass me not O gentle saviour
Hear my humble cry
While on others thou art calling
Do not pass me by...

amen, prober.
Psalms 34:3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
Isaiah 6 Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord of Hosts. the whole earth is full of His Glory.
praise God

Psalms 34:3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
Isaiah 6 Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord of Hosts. the whole earth is full of His Glory.
praise God

Amen! His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.

To think of His goodness and faithfulness bring tears to my eyes. He's waiting for us to even begin to turn to Him and will answer before we call.

"I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread." Psalm 37:25

Last edited:
I feel the hope for a sinless soul and heart and a sinless world when I reach out to god. I feel that I get a glimpse of what it would feel like to not want to sin and to treat everyone with awesome love. Today is when I was able to put this into words. I realized I believed in jesus and his promise, and it felt good
. Then I realized that I wanted to praise him, so I did and it also felt good.

I worry in my head that I am one of , or the antichrists. I worry that people hear my thoughts or that other damned souls hear my thoughts and are realizing that I am the one to lead a huge rebellion in prophecy.

I heard preachers say that the antichrist will believe in jesus and love him, and I feel tonight for the fiorst time in maybe my whole life that I believe in him and love him. but I also hear terrible voices and worry.

right now I feel a comfort in my heart like god is telling me not to worry and everything will be ok. but voices tell me I am evil, theres nothing I can do, and that I am condemned and that I have no chance or that I am a hell bound demon

Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

bible qoutes like this add to my fear that I have done something terrible and unholy.

Shadowman,

Please listen to this, really listen.

Do not use or think about anything you have learned from the bible for the next 2 weeks. I am not saying the bible is bad or trying to take you from it but for 2 weeks just leave it alone.

Today: go to the hospital and ask to speak to a psychiatric doctor. Tell him or her all this. Maybe it would be easier if you printed it out so you dont have to try and remember it all. Most doctors are good christians so you dont have to worry about them not understanding you.

1 person in every 5 goes thru some kind of mental setback in their lives. It is very normal and common and often when they do religious messages seem to become much bigger and compelling. It could be that in a few weeks of treatment you can be laughing that you ever had such thoughts.

As you seem to say you took some illegal drugs it could be that your brain chemistry is particularly sensitive to them and a short course of treatment will have you well again. Please listen. It is important you see that doctor.

To some of the others I have seen post here, you know who you are...

SHAME ON YOU!! Trying to witness and evangelise to someone in trouble in this way is frankly hideous. The selfishness I have seen on this thread is the most ugly abhorant display of darkness desguised as light that I have ever seen here. It disgusts me.

Sold your soul... Yeah, sure you did, no really, seriously.... I believe that happened.... lol.... Did satan pop up and buy it? What did you get for it? Any evidence that he appeared to you? Apart from what your deranged iddle liddle mind thinks?

If you were able to sell your soul... and all that nonsense was real.... Surley you'd ask for fame or money...... I bet you have neither?

I agree with Equus. Keep religion out of this. Certain drugs have been known to set of psychotic episodes. Shadowman this is something you have to do something aboout in the real world. Talk to a friend - go to a doctor- seek help. Do not be afraid.

take care

Ardenz

Shadowman,

Please listen to this, really listen.

Do not use or think about anything you have learned from the bible for the next 2 weeks. I am not saying the bible is bad or trying to take you from it but for 2 weeks just leave it alone.

Today: go to the hospital and ask to speak to a psychiatric doctor. Tell him or her all this. Maybe it would be easier if you printed it out so you dont have to try and remember it all. Most doctors are good christians so you dont have to worry about them not understanding you.

1 person in every 5 goes thru some kind of mental setback in their lives. It is very normal and common and often when they do religious messages seem to become much bigger and compelling. It could be that in a few weeks of treatment you can be laughing that you ever had such thoughts.

As you seem to say you took some illegal drugs it could be that your brain chemistry is particularly sensitive to them and a short course of treatment will have you well again. Please listen. It is important you see that doctor.

To some of the others I have seen post here, you know who you are...

SHAME ON YOU!! Trying to witness and evangelise to someone in trouble in this way is frankly hideous. The selfishness I have seen on this thread is the most ugly abhorant display of darkness desguised as light that I have ever seen here. It disgusts me.

Excuse me, sir. shadowman is the one coming here for help. We, that is the Christians on this Christian board are trying to help him out. He already has a belief in Christ. We are only trying to strengthen and encourage the faith he already has. I don't see this as prostelyzing. We're trying to correct misconceptions he might have regarding the Christian faith. For instance, the idea that you can sell you soul to the devil is simply unbiblical. Is it wrong to clear up and alleviate his fears? I don't think anyone on this board doesn't think shadowman shouldn't get some professional help. If he has a physical or mental condition that warrants a doctor, then he should all means seek one.

I don't understand, Tao. How is it selfish for fellow Christians to try and help and encourage a fellow believer? To try to allieviate the fear of going to hell, when he need not to?

Do you treat a drug overdose with more of the same drug?
Do you sober a drunk up with some whisky?

He does not need more religion, he needs to seek medical advice.

With respect

TE

Do you treat a drug overdose with more of the same drug?
Do you sober a drunk up with some whisky?

He does not need more religion, he needs to seek medical advice.

With respect

TE

Even if he does seek medical help, which I think he should, do you think his belief system is just going to go away? Of course not, it is already ingrained in him. No drug is going to cure that.

I agree, he does not need more religion. What he needs is to correct the religion that he does have.

Religion right now will simply confuse even more so.... You have to take the person away from their world disasociation is the first step..... Everything can be sorted... But ramming more of god this god that babble WILL NOT HELP.... lol... You may think oh but if I show him the "true" way he'll be fine... I doubt it..... The man.... Hears... Voices... HELLO?! lol.....

-edit-

futhermore... This is the perfect 'sample' for cults.... He is vuneralble..... And manipulation is quite an easy task to perform... And in his state/condition? He's easy pickings... He needs help before preaching.

Even if he does seek medical help, which I think he should, do you think his belief system is just going to go away? Of course not, it is already ingrained in him. No drug is going to cure that.

I agree, he does not need more religion. What he needs is to correct the religion that he does have.

Yes, after he has sought medical advice. As I stated...I did not ask him to give it up, just suspend thinking about it for a couple of weeks while he gets medical help.

Shadowman,

You are NOT your thoughts. You have described feelings of Love and then thoughts of torment. You have a choice to follow Love and disown or cast down contrary thoughts that oppose the knowledge of God as Love and Peace. Its YOUR CHOICE to believe and follow what you want. Decide, which do you want? Then follow it and disown the other. The one you don't follow will go away. Yes, its that simple.

Love and Peace,
JM

Back