Votes: 9 37.5%
  • 30-69% - Fairly confident, but often has doubts

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 1-29% - Not confident, Serious doubts about God's existence

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 0% - There is absolutely no God.

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
How confident are your that a God of some kind exists?
That a 'G-d of some kind' exists.

Now I was about to say that this question relies heavily what one believes is G-d.

100 percenter here....of course that is with the understanding that G-d and I have of what G-d is.

I'm pretty much open to anyone's interpretation of God in the sense of a Supreme Being or Essence. Please don't be flippant and include yourself as God or some such. I'm just trying to get a general idea here in the forums.

wil, you mean you have absolutely no doubts? That is remarkable. How are you so confident?

I'm with wil, Dondi. Having read your qualifying "God of some kind," no response except 100% would be appropriate. Now if it came to having faith that this same God exists, say, on a daily basis, moment to moment ... I'd have to bump it down a notch. The 100% might remain, in the back of my mind, kinda - but I find that my actions, behavior, thoughts and speech do not always conform to what one would expect, from having 100% faith in God!

(Or have I confused that with faith in self?) Hmmm ...

I'm not talking about having faith in God in the daily course of your life. I'm asking how confident you believe that God exists? If you don't wish to put the qualifer "of some kind" into the equation, then don't.

Let's not make this more difficult that it is, people.

For me, as much as I'd like to think that I'm 100% confident that God exists, there are occasionally some lingering doubts. Not they remain with me for very long, but there are fleeting moments when I wonder if the athiests are right. But then I come to my senses again. ;) I'd say I'm in the 70-99% group up at the high end.

I put 70-99% but more realistically i'm about 75%. And the definition of "God" is important to, mine is that there is deliberate logic behind creation.

I'm with TE here, but I lean more to the 99% side of things. I've had too many personal experiences to deny his/her existence within us and about us. I've also learned the dangers inherent in a 100% committment to anything

flow....;)

I voted "serious doubts about G!d's existence." Not sure how well the poll fits me though.

Gotta go with Tao and Flow on this so far.

Gotta leave that 1% that I might be mistaken...but there's just been too many things happen in my life that transcend circumstance and coincidence.

I tried to answer taking into account who's asking for context. I voted that I have serious doubts. That's based on the kind God I think Dondi is asking about. A Supreme Being. I doubt that there is a Supreme Being God in any sort of Christian sense. There's no way I can know for sure, though. I've come to this point of view: that what God might be, ultimately, is beyond the range of human comprehension. I have sort of neo-Taoist ideas about what a God-like force might be or do, but it's definitely not something I would try to quantify, much less worship. God is kind of like a cut out doll that we dress up to suite us. That feels like idolatry to me, so I would prefer to leave the whole "personal God" thing completely alone.

I tried to answer taking into account who's asking for context. I voted that I have serious doubts. That's based on the kind God I think Dondi is asking about. A Supreme Being. I doubt that there is a Supreme Being God in any sort of Christian sense. There's no way I can know for sure, though. I've come to this point of view: that what God might be, ultimately, is beyond the range of human comprehension. I have sort of neo-Taoist ideas about what a God-like force might be or do, but it's definitely not something I would try to quantify, much less worship. God is kind of like a cut out doll that we dress up to suite us. That feels like idolatry to me, so I would prefer to leave the whole "personal God" thing completely alone.

My one has 'eagle eyes' and a bionic arm :D

Oh well, since there is no room for discussion ... I stick with my original 100%. Never should have second-guessed myself to begin with!

What would leave room for discussion, Andrew?

Listen folks, I wasn't trying to put a cookie cutter definition of God out here. If you want to believe in "The Force" or whatever, that's fine also. We're talking about an Intelligence or the Ultimate beyond ourselves, whatever form that might be. I know God can be a subjective term, and maybe He/It can really only be referred to in the negative. But is there Anything out there?

I'm really curious to know how some of you are voting 100%. That is what really interests me. How can you be so damned sure?

I'm really curious to know how some of you are voting 100%. That is what really interests me. How can you be so damned sure?
My answer is it specifically has to do with my definition of G-d. And it ain't some larger than life anthropomorphic being who sends plagues and rain at will. If that were the criteria, I would vote just a tad above 0%.

My answer is it specifically has to do with my definition of G-d. And it ain't some larger than life anthropomorphic being who sends plagues and rain at will. If that were the criteria, I would vote just a tad above 0%.

Great. What is your definition of God?

Back