Oneness

Bruce Michael

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

[FONT=&quot]Oneness is an important concept both for body and soul.
Just as it is important to teach a child arithmetic by starting with the whole rather than the parts, so also conceiving the Cosmos as preceding from the One, is a healthy soul concept.
When considering our own beings as well, as we study the multifold parts, we should never lose sight of our inherent wholeness. This is also a healthy concept to hold.

-Br.Bruce
[/FONT]

This oneness.......to be at one with one's self.
Silent communion of true essence.
Strengh of spirit.
Love.

- c -

oneness is body centric...
duality is Self awareness...
there is form - and there is that which animates form

~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~

Hi everybody!
I just came across a quote which talks about Oneness, and also relates it to the Buddhist idea that we have no soul.
"...the heresy of the belief in Soul or rather in the separateness of Soul or Self from the One Universal, infinite SELF."
(online; THE VOICE OF THE SILENCE)

(hardcopy pp. 15-17; "The Voice of the Silence" by H. P. Blavatsky, from Theosophical University Press)

--> The idea that we have no soul is a key Buddhist teaching, and it is one that surprises monotheists. In my belief system, we do not say we have no soul, we say there is no soul separate from the Oneness.

Hi Friends,

[FONT=&quot]Oneness is an important concept both for body and soul.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Just as it is important to teach a child arithmetic by starting with the whole rather than the parts, so also conceiving the Cosmos as preceding from the One, is a healthy soul concept.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When considering our own beings as well, as we study the multifold parts, we should never lose sight of our inherent wholeness. This is also a healthy concept to hold.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]-Br.Bruce[/FONT]

Hmmm.. It's how we relate to diversitiy thats more important compared to just saying we are all one and the same as the next thing. I think accpeting diversity is just as important as oneness. It's all about how we relate to it. No soul theology scares me to the core.

Hmmm.. It's how we relate to diversitiy thats more important compared to just saying we are all one and the same as the next thing. I think accpeting diversity is just as important as oneness. It's all about how we relate to it. No soul theology scares me to the core.

Hmmmm, you didn't get it.

My message is that when we might examine the human being and all his/her "bits" (for example), we mustn't lose sight of the fact that it is a functioning whole.

"I may not be able to see it right now, but the Holy One fills all creation, being is made of G!d, you and I, everything is made of G!d, -- even the grains of sand beneath my feet, the whole world is included and therefore utterly nullified within G!d -- while I, in my stubborn insistence on my own autonomy and independence, only succeed in banishing myself from any possibility of meaning whatsoever."

Reb Kalonymus Kalman Shapira, Benei Makhshava Tovah
translation by R. Lawrence Kushner.

Hmmmm do I not get it?

Body and soul implies a duality, a contradiction of oneness, no?

s.

Physical body-heart,stomach, brain, cells etc., soul, spirit, etheric body, astral body, Kama-Manas, Manas, Atma, Budhi, Consicousness Soul- and on and on it goes.
It is way more than just a duality- the human being is a multiplicity of parts.

I was declaring that a soul conception of oneness was healthy to hold. It is a common method of research today that we deconstruct things in order to understand them.
[FONT=&quot]We try to disassemble anything satisfy our curiosity. To understand a bird the first thought is to take apart the wings and see how they make it fly, then we think of what personal use they may be to us.

But we can appreciate the bird as whole- and see its beauty.

Cheers,
Br.Bruce

[/FONT]

Back