Under Mickey's Hand?

Prober

Give Us This Day...
Reaction score
"And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." Mark 10:13-16

I think on one level, you could take it literally. On another level, perhaps a simple "child-like" faith and trust is all you need.

What do you think?

"And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." Mark 10:13-16

I think on one level, you could take it literally. On another level, perhaps a simple "child-like" faith and trust is all you need.

What do you think?

Oh of course.. There are so many layers to it.. I see myself now as that little child. I think you could also put it to the new Christian who is on fire for Jesus and wanting to save everyone.. Those could be considered little children in the faith. And for sure physical little children.. have you ever seen a 2 3 or 4 yo talking to Jesus? Its wonderful.. they totally believe.. I want to totally believe..

My pastor gave a sermon and he believes God put on his heart that the biggest idol in the church today is unbelief. How true is that.

I see myself now as that little child...I want to totally believe.
"...help thou my unbelief" Yes, I also.
My pastor gave a sermon and he believes God put on his heart that the biggest idol in the church today is unbelief. How true is that.

I really think that's true. "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof".

What do you think?
children do not understand rank, class, or appropriateness. they wanted to hug and be near jesus and laugh and play with him. the adults however might think to chastise or restrain their children for approaching a teacher and master so familiarly, but god loves children and would love to gather them all. So we should be like children, and want to be with the Lord and not let things hold us back and love him without obstructions.

children do not understand rank, class, or appropriateness. they wanted to hug and be near jesus and laugh and play with him. the adults however might think to chastise or restrain their children for approaching a teacher and master so familiarly, but god loves children and would love to gather them all. So we should be like children, and want to be with the Lord and not let things hold us back and love him without obstructions.

I like this. Maybe this is, in part, why Jesus said the first shall be last and the last first, etc.

Thanks, Blazn.

I like this. Maybe this is, in part, why Jesus said the first shall be last and the last first, etc.

Thanks, Blazn.

I think it is this. Those who are lowly, without power, overlooked here shall be first with God, including children, the oppressed, and those with a broken heart and contrite spirit. But I also agree that a simple trusting faith in God is all one needs to be saved, as long as by simple trusting one is not also too credulous and easily deceived by others. No need to check our brain at the door, so to speak.

I think it is this. Those who are lowly, without power, overlooked here shall be first with God, including children, the oppressed, and those with a broken heart and contrite spirit.
Amen. You know I believe that!
But I also agree that a simple trusting faith in God is all one needs to be saved, as long as by simple trusting one is not also too credulous and easily deceived by others. No need to check our brain at the door, so to speak.

Simple? Yes. Brainless? No.

BTW, what does "Under Mickey's Hand" refer to?

Disneyland.

You can't be shorter than Mickey's hand or you can't ride some of the rides.

In G-d's themepark, you can ride all you want! You just can't be too big for your britches (so to speak).:)

Disneyland.

You can't be shorter than Mickey's hand or you can't ride some of the rides.

In G-d's themepark, you can ride all you want! You just can't be too big for your britches (so to speak).:)
Isn't there a section where you can't be taller than Mickey's hand to ride as well??

seems fitting to the theme...

Some of the best times I've had at Disneyland was riding in some of the kiddie rides with my kids. Just the joy of fun they had on their faces as we spun on the teacups, rode Dumbo, went through Mr. Toad's Ride is priceless to me.

I think sometimes God wants us to enjoy the ride with Him. :eek:

Mr. Toad is my favorite! Closely followed by Pirates (don't know if it's still there) and the teacups.

I agree. I think He does want us to ride with Him!

What do you think?

hello prober.
this is one of my most favorite scriptures. mainly because i am a big kid, myself. so much that even my wife hates it! to me it has to be taken literally. we have to be like children, you know. children believe the unbelievable and adults don't. we have to believe with all our heart, soul, and mind that Christ raised the dead, walked on water, and was raised from the dead Himself by our Father in heaven. be lilke a child.
God bless you.

Back