Motorway at 5,000 yr old Hill of Tara, Ireland

Wil wrote
10. Fuel responsible toward others.
I like the papal involvement with our contemporary culture. Me, I have lately taken to public transport and find that the social interaction helps manage feelings of isolation. The car, inversely, gives one an armour and sense of invincibiltiy against the world, which heightens the "god complex" which can also be manifested in the various styles of vehicles on our motorways, dual carriageways and minor B roads.

My own car is a battered asian model, reliable but ageing. I am going on a long journey soon and will test its metal.

interesting..

that's one for progress and one against historic preservation, i suppose.

metta,

~v

Hey it's past, Gotta keep looking forward, look backwards you get nowhere and loose sight of goals.... \: I am joking, I have no idea I guess they are still trying to get people out of the trees and such....

I wish the automobile had never been invented. I always wanted a horse and was dismayed when I discovered you're not allowed to ride one anywhere anyway.

Driving just makes people angry all the time too.

I always wanted a horse and was dismayed when I discovered you're not allowed to ride one anywhere anyway.

Depends where you are from, Detroit? Well fair enough I can see the logic to that..... Say, like where I live countryside an all... Then it is suitable to ride a horse. And yes, you are allowed to ride them, heh..

But, vehicles are far better... Specially the one's with two wheels. ;)

I wish the automobile had never been invented. I always wanted a horse and was dismayed when I discovered you're not allowed to ride one anywhere anyway.

Could you imagine the environmental and economic impact if we all rode horses? There would be activists insisting we take the stage as the amount of debris left in the city would be atrocious...and think about stabling all day...oh my.

Now I've got plenty of stories about riding where we shouldn't, bar hopping on horse back, the horse knowing its way home, etc.

"Yo Wil, was that you in the saddle backwards on the meridian at 4 am?" er...the answer was yes....but there exists a valid explanation.

Back to the OP Original Programming...and update
Thursday, September 13, 2007

Diggers close to the new national monument of Lismullin

Statement from – Campaign to Save Tara

The Campaign to Save Tara has learned that there is an attempt at construction by the NRA at Rath Lugh and Lismullin on the route of the M3.

This afternoon, diggers and lorries moved in at both ends of the new national monument and at Rath Lugh, a promentary fort and outpost of the Tara landscape. There are attempts being made to re-route the Gabhra River. Protesters have stopped the work by mounting the diggers. It is reported that the machines are within 50 metres of the national monument.

This is happening as the Petitions Committee is to meet tomorrow (13th September) and as the Government is due to respond to the EU’s reasoned opinion (final warning). The EU maintains that the Irish Government should have carried out another Environmental Impact Assessment when the new monument was discovered. This was not done.

The NRA and the Department of Transport are acting in advance of what may happen in Europe. Ireland cannot cherry pick the EU laws that they wish to adhere to. There is a history of such premature activity in the past as when trees were cut down in the dark in January. The monument at Baronstown was destroyed in the middle of the night in July just before documents released by Minister Gormley revealed that Dr Pat Wallace of the National Museum believed that it was as important as the monument at Lismullin.

Back