Motorway at 5,000 yr old Hill of Tara, Ireland

Discussion in 'Ancient History and Mythology' started by ardenz, Jun 15, 2007.

1. ardenz

ardenz New Member

Wil wrote
    I like the papal involvement with our contemporary culture. Me, I have lately taken to public transport and find that the social interaction helps manage feelings of isolation. The car, inversely, gives one an armour and sense of invincibiltiy against the world, which heightens the "god complex" which can also be manifested in the various styles of vehicles on our motorways, dual carriageways and minor B roads.

My own car is a battered asian model, reliable but ageing. I am going on a long journey soon and will test its metal.

2. Vajradhara

Vajradhara One of Many

any update?

metta,

~v

3. 17th Angel

17th Angel לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות

Yea... They flattened that old hill and put the road up! I donated money to the cause...

4. Vajradhara

Vajradhara One of Many

interesting..

that's one for progress and one against historic preservation, i suppose.

metta,

~v

5. 17th Angel

Hey it's past, Gotta keep looking forward, look backwards you get nowhere and loose sight of goals.... \: I am joking, I have no idea I guess they are still trying to get people out of the trees and such....

6. omner

omner New Member

I wish the automobile had never been invented. I always wanted a horse and was dismayed when I discovered you're not allowed to ride one anywhere anyway.

Driving just makes people angry all the time too.

7. greymare

greymare New Member

signed but is it still relevant? love the grey

8. 17th Angel

Depends where you are from, Detroit? Well fair enough I can see the logic to that..... Say, like where I live countryside an all... Then it is suitable to ride a horse. And yes, you are allowed to ride them, heh..

But, vehicles are far better... Specially the one's with two wheels. ;)

9. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Could you imagine the environmental and economic impact if we all rode horses? There would be activists insisting we take the stage as the amount of debris left in the city would be atrocious...and think about stabling all day...oh my.

Now I've got plenty of stories about riding where we shouldn't, bar hopping on horse back, the horse knowing its way home, etc.

"Yo Wil, was that you in the saddle backwards on the meridian at 4 am?" er...the answer was yes....but there exists a valid explanation.

Back to the OP Original Programming...and update