why doesnt god give points for the good we do

S

shadowman

at judgement, he only punishes the sin but doesnt care about anything good?

Why do you assume that?

Try reading The Book of Wisdom

Thomas

check it out shadow, right here. if you want an actual copy, you can find that version of the book in any catholic bible or right here! enjoy. God bless you, shadow and may you truly find what you are looking for. pm me if you ever want to really talk about God, ok? later.

Shadowman why do you only point out weak aspects of Christianity and do not care about anything good?

There are no weak aspects of Christianity.. Hes just looking for boogeyman when theres no such thing

I think there are weak points. hindus going to hell, my parent going to hell, me going to hell. I just cant take it seriously to accept that there is some being out there who is gonna punish or reward people bassed on what thoughts people held in their heads about the way the universe works.

I see people in hell as being so bad that no ammount of good can sweep it under the rug...

I fully accept the mysticism in Christianity, I even fully accept its divine roll in human civilisation. But I find Christian theology can not sustain itself by mere faith anymore. World coming to an end? Or people moving on? Some say the latter.

There are no weak aspects of Christianity.. Hes just looking for boogeyman when theres no such thing

I hate rhetorical questions. If something is unbelievable, and one therefore withholds belief, what is the point in posing rhetorical questions to those who do believe? Or vice versa for that matter?

Chris

Give points? lol... You think you (or any other) are good enough for that? If you are going to say "Hey lets setup a reward scheme, every good act give me a point!"

Then in fairness and in pattern... (think about it... what happens next? Logically?) Every BAD thing you do gets a point..... You really think your good points will out weigh your bad points? When you are not perfect? And live/born in sin? I doubt it.... It wouldn't be a FAIR system... Because you wouldn't stand a chance that way... You are already falling behind before you even get a chance... ;)

Also don't you think you should leave it to your god to decide what the rules are? Or do you think you know something he doesn't in all your experience? He sees your good and yes he see's your bad.. But unlike us... He doesn't hold on to the bad, He holds on to your best side, your good side, he see's the best in you the indvidiual when others do not... He doesn't keep a tally a score... He allready knows what good you are capabale of... But then to keep a "point system" he would be watching your bad as well and he is meant to be of love right brah? So he doesn't hold with a grudge your mess ups and mistakes... Oh look at shadowman over there... tut tut... he swore that's one of his good points gone...

Points?

The reward is the good we do.
The love we grow in in life, when we live by love in life that is the reward.
What greater reward is there.

Doing good isn't about earning, but about loving.

If we desire to live by love, we genuinely repent of the bad we do.

I have a quote from a book i've been reading:
"Prayer changes things" and often the first thing that changes is us.

I think there are weak points. hindus going to hell, my parent going to hell, me going to hell. I just cant take it seriously to accept that there is some being out there who is gonna punish or reward people bassed on what thoughts people held in their heads about the way the universe works...

Well, as someone who would be classed as a Hindu I think that sounds a bit unfair aswell. When I took the Afterlife Test on the web though, I ended up in Purgatory, which wouldn't be so bad. Lol ;) If you believe in an all-loving and merciful God then whatever system is in place would have to be a fair one, either that or we don't properly understand the system?

... Neemai :)

Last edited:
I fully accept the mysticism in Christianity, I even fully accept its divine roll in human civilisation. But I find Christian theology can not sustain itself by mere faith anymore. World coming to an end? Or people moving on? Some say the latter.

I hope so, I just cant relate intelectually to a god who thinks its ok to eternally torture his creations because they didnt look at the universe through the right eyes...

there are these horrible cartoons that seem to relish getting revenge on people like me who realize upon death that they made a mistake....

0001_15.gif

this guy goes on to be thrown into a lake of fire...

to what end?

has he not learned his lesson?

cui bono?

who benefits from this dudes torture.

god no longer values him at all.

and this god is gonna take this attitude with BILLIONS...

and there are people who would read what I write and say "another one of satans minions"

and sing halelujahs in church.....

Points?

The reward is the good we do.
The love we grow in in life, when we live by love in life that is the reward.
What greater reward is there.

Doing good isn't about earning, but about loving.

If we desire to live by love, we genuinely repent of the bad we do.

I have a quote from a book i've been reading:
"Prayer changes things" and often the first thing that changes is us.

yes but all our good works are like rags and filth.

doesnt sound like god values it. if we sin ONCE, we are a SINNER, not worthy of god, and appointed to be cast into the lake of fire.

Well, as someone who would be classed as a Hindu I think that sounds a bit unfair aswell. When I took the Afterlife Test on the web though, I ended up in Purgatory, which wouldn't be so bad. Lol ;) If you believe in an all-loving and merciful God then whatever system is in place would have to be a fair one, either that or we don't properly understand the system?

... Neemai :)

christians have this weird definition of all loving that allows them to reject their gods love which leads to god hating them for all time...

I know this isn't directly related to the thread but....

Shadowman, you seem really angry at Christianity. Why? If you don't believe it, it's not the faith for you. Fair enough. I think your questions are essentially ones alot of us non-Christians ask, and ones that lead us to the conclusion that Christianity isn't for us. Questions are great, but you seem so angry about it... Chill... :)

I don't get the impression that 'one little sin' will get you into hell. Maybe one big one, or a whole heap of little ones. But I doubt if Mother Theresa said 'goddamn' once she's going to burn forever.... :p I suspect the people who drew the cartoons are a little unforgiving themselves. Jesus, however, certainly seems to have been big on forgiveness.

Back