Nations.....

Neemai, I like how you credited the source properly there. :D ;) :cool:
He may have....but I sure didn't...from wiki
The King is dead. Long live the King![1] is a traditional proclamation made following the accession of a new monarch in various European and North American countries, particularly in the United Kingdom and Canada. The original phrase was translated from the French Le Roi est mort. Vive le Roi!, which was first declared upon the coronation of Charles VII following the death of his father Charles VI in 1422. In France, the declaration was traditionally made by the Duc d'Uzès, a senior Peer of France, as soon as the coffin containing the remains of the previous king descended into the vault of Saint Denis Basilica. The phrase arose from the law of le mort saisit le vif—that the transfer of sovereignty occurs instantaneously upon the moment of death of the previous monarch.

Amid ongoing reports of people marrying fish, hamsters, siamese cats, pitbulls, dragonflies, meal worms, and other animals, the Free Land of A Bazillion Choices is celebrating being one of the most liberal nations in the world:

A Bazillion Choices is ranked 2nd in the region and 349th in the world for Most Liberal Nations.

YAY. :D

lol Pathless, remind me never to sell you anything... you put a whole new layer of context into the expression "funny money" !! :D

For shizzles... HOWEVER! I could make a better version of Mr Cheshire... I believe what the writer was grasping for was a far, far....... Far more darker insanity on the cat..... I could do him wonders If I were the artist for that film lol....

Seventeenth is ranked 3rd in the region and 6,425th in the world for Most Corrupt Governments.

3rd??? Out of four? Something wrong there......

Oh, Also going to get Phil Collins to be a memeber of my goverment (wether he likes it or not...) I love that guy....

Oh, Also going to get Phil Collins to be a memeber of my goverment (wether he likes it or not...) I love that guy....

I don't know. Do you think Phil Collins would want to be a member of a corrupt, psychotic dictatorship?? I mean, seriusly? Don't you remember "Land of Confusion"? BTW, I like Disturbed's version of that song. ;) :cool:

from 17th's Nation:

"The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising fourteen-year-old boys selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out."

that's harsh ... Lol

... Neemai

WHAT! Harsh!? The last time a kid tried to sell lemonade in capital square... (the capital of Seventeenth) He got tear gas and divine treatment from my Triple R. (also known as RRR, also know as... Rapid riot response, which consists of the 17 most elite soldiers in the country.) They are like my schutstaffel... Wanna sell lemonade? ON MY FREAKING STREETS?! You have to deal with the Triple R ;\

Anywhere in my country... 30mins TOPS! TEH TRIPLE R!! can get there to supress any leary slav... Citizen... 24/7 job.... Kid selling lemonade? No problem... They'll stomp him.... Someone whining about "civil rights"? No problem... Tear gas and pistol whipped and he ain't complaining no more.... Crowd demanding freedom of speech? Fire at will all target's green light, shoot to kill.

Welcome to the fray, Jack. Population 36 million? You've been building your nation for a little while, huh? Keeping us in the dark? Maybe?

I don't know. I do know that my nation has undergone a shake up, and it's conscience got to it. With all of the anti-business activity and the crack down on kids selling lemonade, we could no longer faithfully call ourselves the "Free Land," and instead have opted to transition into the Community of A Bazillion Choices. It's still a pretty hip place to live. Environmental restoration is well under way, and I think soon enough those kids will be free to sell their lemonade again without harrasment. As long as they don't try to advertise, all will be well. ;) :D

Jennifer Government: NationStates

Just started my country today.

Chris

Your nation is too soft, too soft.....

"Crime is a problem, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate."

That is disgusting!! lol..... Barcode your citizens!!! And shoot to kill if they oppose you! That's how ya do it! That's how ya gain respect and order!!! *love from the dictatorship of seventeenth.*

Back