imagine...

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Imagine if we all had the goal to seek the truth...

About politics...

About religion...

About everything...

And in order to accomplish this we all had a pact to:

A. never discuss the other group...never blame or accuse...

B. open the doors to our own group, identify our pitfalls, faux pas, issues, atrocities, mistakes and seek to correct them and do better in the future...

Imagine if it became one upmanship...."Yeah, that was something you guys did, but let me show you what we covered up...."

wil....sits back and closes his eyes as the needle lowers on the turn table and John Lennon begins to sing....

...... we all live in a yellow submarine...a yellow submarine...a yellow submarine..... :D

Imagine if we all stopped using spirituality as an emotional crutch and transferred that psychic energy into our mundane activities and interpersonal relationships. Imagine if we all just flat refused to do anything we know is unethical. Imagine if we really put our money where our mouth is.

Imagine me drinking a red eye on the other side of this screen.

Chris

on the subject of flatly refusing to participate in non ethical endeavours...

haha!

try it... its hard. Life is all about feeling forced to compromise your opinions, thoughts, feelings, for the sake of others, for the sake of the racket, for the sake of game.

on the subject of flatly refusing to participate in non ethical endeavours...

haha!

try it... its hard. Life is all about feeling forced to compromise your opinions, thoughts, feelings, for the sake of others, for the sake of the racket, for the sake of game.

Of course it is hard, but worth it. It's worth it even more because it's hard.

Life is not all about feeling forced to compromise for the sake of the racket, although I can agree that life is about compromise and compassion. What I utterly reject is the idea that life is about ethical compromise for economic gain. Yes that is a hard thing to reject in a capitalist society. It's harder, though, to live with myself when I don't reject it. At that point, I become just a stupid, lifeless pawn in the hands of greed personified. I still don't see a good share of the profits, so what's the point? :p I'd much rather have too much free time, scrape together nickels and dimes, and eat potatoes and bugs than work 40-60 hours a week in some competitive hell to get ahead. Get ahead of what? And end up where? Father away from my ideals than when I started, that's for sure.

Back