Lucifer

Manji2012

Reaction score
When I was growing up I heard stories from my peers of the Angel of Light eventually rebelled against, the was a war in heaven and the angels and the morning star was cast down to earth out of heaven. Michael did it.

It has been a long time since I have heard this story so I am sure I have gotten the story correct word for word so, just show me the original scripture so I can read it to get aquainted, thank you.

I wanted to know, from what scriptures does this story come from? I mean, I imagine it is not all John Milton's ideas.

Where are Christians getting this story from? What is the original text so that I can read it myself?

*sighs* lol If I had a nickle for everytime I said this...

Lucifer.... Is Latin... :\ It came AFTER the bible..... As it is Latin.. If you look in Isaiah.... er chapter 14 or 15 no idea lol it is refereing to a king of babylon bloke named Nebuchadenzzar(sp? lmao) Anyway... look into the HEBREW word that should be there...

I can't remember for the life of me where else... (maybe search these forums for topics on Lucifer as I have mentioned it before.) But at one part of the bible JESUS gets called the very same Hebrew word that they replaced for the Latin word 'Lucifer' In Isaiah.... Sooooooo, jesus is Lucifer as well as Nebuchadenzzar and Satan? Another one of those stupid trinty things perhaps?

While waiting for someone to provide you with scripture which supports the story...in my world their is no critter, no entity, no being lucifer, the devil, satan...

Anyone remember Geraldine? Flip Wilson in drag...'The devil made me do it' It is an internal creation to blame for things we wish to not take credit for.

When I was growing up I heard stories from my peers of the Angel of Light eventually rebelled against, the was a war in heaven and the angels and the morning star was cast down to earth out of heaven. Michael did it.

It has been a long time since I have heard this story so I am sure I have gotten the story correct word for word so, just show me the original scripture so I can read it to get aquainted, thank you.

I wanted to know, from what scriptures does this story come from? I mean, I imagine it is not all John Milton's ideas.

Where are Christians getting this story from? What is the original text so that I can read it myself?
And war broke out in heaven: Mi′cha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. REVELATION 12;7-9

And war broke out in heaven: Mi′cha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. REVELATION 12;7-9

You are quoting from the apocalypse of John, which is supposed to be a book about what is to come. The future. Not the past.

I always had the idea that the war in heaven where Lucifer either disobeys and does not bow down before God's creation, humanity, or some how becomes to have the desire to take the throne by over throwing God, is later cast down from paradise, from heaven, was something that has already happened in the past.

Please correct where I have the misunderstanding of this story of the war in heaven.

I have my personal interpretation of this story of the war in heaven. I think it is just about a war between Lemuria and Atlantis that destroyed many things. Our adversary, Satan, I think are aliens. They are other worldly intelligence that has manipulated our dna. That is what Genesis is about.

But, my interpretation is not what matters. I want to know what is the Orthodox explanation.

You are quoting from the apocalypse of John, which is supposed to be a book about what is to come. The future. Not the past.
we are now in the time of the future that John wrote about . and the book of revelation is well along in this time that we are living in . that war in heaven happened in 1914 inline with bible prophecy and chronology. Satan knows that he only has a short period of time left before he is put out the way for a 1000years
On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.” revelation 12;12
Revelation 20:3, 7, 8

So you believe that Satan was still living in heaven all throughout history until 1914?

So you believe that Satan was still living in heaven all throughout history until 1914?
before 1914 satan could come and go from heaven to earth ,but after he was cast out of heaven he can nolonger go up there any more ,so he is down here making problems

Back