Hi From A New (gnostic) Member

A

A. Ben-Shema

Hi Everyone

In order to introduce myself, I will relate the story of how and why I am here now, on this forum.

In my mid twenties (early 1970’s), while living in South Africa, I started feeling a great ‘religious’ or ‘Spiritual’ attraction. This was something new, as I had not been brought up in a particularly religious home. I began to feel a great need to discover the real meaning and purpose of life. Thus I started studying the Bible and going to various ‘Christian’ church meetings. My search for ‘The Truth’ took me to every local community available, from ‘Jesus freaks’ to the orthodox Catholic Church (including such groups as Mormons, and Seventh Day Adventists, etc. etc.). However, I did not find what I was looking for in any of these groups. I continued to study the Bible, and a great longing slowly developed within me to be able to meet Jesus Himself. Gradually I came to the conclusion that only by meeting Jesus personally (i.e. "face to face") could one actually KNOW the TRUTH – without any doubts. Thus I actually began to wish that I could have lived during His time on Earth (2,000 years ago!) in order to have met him in the flesh! So I earnestly prayed to God to reveal Himself to me, to guide me, as He had done with so many people I had read about in the Hebrew Bible.

As I now look back at this time, I can understand, with hindsight, what actually happened. How God answered my prayers, and the ‘miracle’ that occurred. It did not seem like anything very important at the time, but I was invited to attend a free ‘yoga’ class. I actually thought I was going to learn about Indian exercises – like a health club. When I arrived, I found a group of people of all ages and all types, listening to someone talking of their experiences of meditation. Anyone who wished could take a turn and talk of their own experiences. I was very impressed with what they said, and the feelings of warmth and love that emanated from all of them. They talked also of a Spiritual Master who had initiated them, revealing a method of going within themselves and experiencing deep peace and fulfillment - the Kingdom of God. At the end of the evening I spoke to several of these people and asked many questions. Inwardly, I was very impressed by their sincerity and wisdom, but I could not initially accept their idea of following a Master other than Jesus. They explained that God continually sends Divine Teachers to Earth in order to reveal the Truth to every generation of humanity. That Jesus was indeed one of these Masters, as was Krishna, Buddha, Zarathustra, Melchizedek, Moses, Mohammed, Nanak, and many others.

I left the meeting with my head buzzing in confusion. What they said made sense, but did it agree with the Bible? The next day I spent studying the Scriptures, and came up with a number of questions. So I returned to the meeting that night (it was a regular nightly meeting - 7 nights/week). After the meeting I asked my questions, and, to my amazement, everything was answered with simple clarity, and to my complete satisfaction. The thing I noticed most was their utter sincerity and deep love. No arguments ever took place, as everything was on a level of deep understanding and compassion. I had never before experienced the inner joy I was beginning to feel from talking and listening to these people. So I became a regular attendee at these meetings, and began to feel really high from the energy emanating from them.

One night, after coming home from a meeting, while lying in bed, I focussed all my attention to the area of my forehead, above and between my eyes (as someone had told me about). After some time, very suddenly, an extremely bright flash of light filled what seemed to be my entire body! The shock literally lifted me off my bed for a fraction of a second. I was amazed at what had happened. It was completely unexpected, even though I had heard about the Light of God. This experience only lasted for a fraction of a second because it was an unexpected shock, too much for my mind to comprehend. (I must make it clear that while I use the term “shock,” it was in no way a frightening or bad experience – simply because it was totally unexpected.)

To cut the story short, I was eventually initiated into the Gnosis of God by the Master (1973), and have since had this very same experience many times. The only difference now is that it is no longer a shock, so the experience can last for as long as the correct concentration and focus is there. The Light of God is not the only thing the Master reveals, there is also the Holy NAME (or ‘Word’/'Logos' of God), the Divine Sound (or ‘Voice’ of God), and the Heavenly MANNA (or ‘Nectar’ of God). These very real inner Spiritual experiences bring about a true transformation to one’s mind – a real ‘re-birth’ into the Spirit – the genuine GNOSIS of God. This was and IS my personal experience.

Recently I have written and had published a book about genuine Mystic/Gnostic experience, and currently host a discussion forum on genuine Gnosis, called 'The Gnostic Way'.

I hope to get to know many of you through this forum, and share real experiences of the Spirit of God.

Peace, Love, & Understanding to all :)

I'd just like to thank everyone for such a warm welcome! :rolleyes:

Sup Bob? Long time no see, friend. Think real hard, and you'll remember me, lol. Good to see you. I've haven't posted here for quite some time, but the waters great, and members quite reasonable ~ unlike the other place I have been posting on.

Welcome,

James

Welcome to the forums, in regards to your introduction, you'll find a lot of light here.

Btw, being a gnostic, have you ever read any Manly Hall books?

Hi there:) so what happened to what the bible really teaches especially about what the kingdom of God is .

And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; DANIEL 2;44

It seems the bible teaches something quite different to what others have told you .

are you still after bible truth ?:)

Hi Everyone

In order to introduce myself, I will relate the story of how and why I am here now, on this forum.

In my mid twenties (early 1970’s), while living in South Africa, I started feeling a great ‘religious’ or ‘Spiritual’ attraction. This was something new, as I had not been brought up in a particularly religious home. I began to feel a great need to discover the real meaning and purpose of life. Thus I started studying the Bible and going to various ‘Christian’ church meetings. My search for ‘The Truth’ took me to every local community available, from ‘Jesus freaks’ to the orthodox Catholic Church (including such groups as Mormons, and Seventh Day Adventists, etc. etc.). However, I did not find what I was looking for in any of these groups. I continued to study the Bible, and a great longing slowly developed within me to be able to meet Jesus Himself. Gradually I came to the conclusion that only by meeting Jesus personally (i.e. "face to face") could one actually KNOW the TRUTH – without any doubts. Thus I actually began to wish that I could have lived during His time on Earth (2,000 years ago!) in order to have met him in the flesh! So I earnestly prayed to God to reveal Himself to me, to guide me, as He had done with so many people I had read about in the Hebrew Bible.

As I now look back at this time, I can understand, with hindsight, what actually happened. How God answered my prayers, and the ‘miracle’ that occurred. It did not seem like anything very important at the time, but I was invited to attend a free ‘yoga’ class. I actually thought I was going to learn about Indian exercises – like a health club. When I arrived, I found a group of people of all ages and all types, listening to someone talking of their experiences of meditation. Anyone who wished could take a turn and talk of their own experiences. I was very impressed with what they said, and the feelings of warmth and love that emanated from all of them. They talked also of a Spiritual Master who had initiated them, revealing a method of going within themselves and experiencing deep peace and fulfillment - the Kingdom of God. At the end of the evening I spoke to several of these people and asked many questions. Inwardly, I was very impressed by their sincerity and wisdom, but I could not initially accept their idea of following a Master other than Jesus. They explained that God continually sends Divine Teachers to Earth in order to reveal the Truth to every generation of humanity. That Jesus was indeed one of these Masters, as was Krishna, Buddha, Zarathustra, Melchizedek, Moses, Mohammed, Nanak, and many others.

I left the meeting with my head buzzing in confusion. What they said made sense, but did it agree with the Bible? The next day I spent studying the Scriptures, and came up with a number of questions. So I returned to the meeting that night (it was a regular nightly meeting - 7 nights/week). After the meeting I asked my questions, and, to my amazement, everything was answered with simple clarity, and to my complete satisfaction. The thing I noticed most was their utter sincerity and deep love. No arguments ever took place, as everything was on a level of deep understanding and compassion. I had never before experienced the inner joy I was beginning to feel from talking and listening to these people. So I became a regular attendee at these meetings, and began to feel really high from the energy emanating from them.

One night, after coming home from a meeting, while lying in bed, I focussed all my attention to the area of my forehead, above and between my eyes (as someone had told me about). After some time, very suddenly, an extremely bright flash of light filled what seemed to be my entire body! The shock literally lifted me off my bed for a fraction of a second. I was amazed at what had happened. It was completely unexpected, even though I had heard about the Light of God. This experience only lasted for a fraction of a second because it was an unexpected shock, too much for my mind to comprehend. (I must make it clear that while I use the term “shock,” it was in no way a frightening or bad experience – simply because it was totally unexpected.)

To cut the story short, I was eventually initiated into the Gnosis of God by the Master (1973), and have since had this very same experience many times. The only difference now is that it is no longer a shock, so the experience can last for as long as the correct concentration and focus is there. The Light of God is not the only thing the Master reveals, there is also the Holy NAME (or ‘Word’/'Logos' of God), the Divine Sound (or ‘Voice’ of God), and the Heavenly MANNA (or ‘Nectar’ of God). These very real inner Spiritual experiences bring about a true transformation to one’s mind – a real ‘re-birth’ into the Spirit – the genuine GNOSIS of God. This was and IS my personal experience.

Recently I have written and had published a book about genuine Mystic/Gnostic experience, and currently host a discussion forum on genuine Gnosis, called 'The Gnostic Way'.

I hope to get to know many of you through this forum, and share real experiences of the Spirit of God.

Peace, Love, & Understanding to all :)

talking about flashes of light or enlightenment , these ones spoken of in the bible are really beneficial to us. and they are proggressiveflashes of light .

“The path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established.”—PROVERBS 4:18.

Back