Ouiji Boards?

enlightenment

Reaction score
Seemed like an appropriate section to place this.

As a kid growing up, I was told 'never mess with the ouji board'.

Hmm.

'Er why', I asked?

Because you can open a portal to a lot of malevolent spirits, and invite evil into your life.

Uh huh. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any experience with said item?

If so, did you get any sort of result, or just sit there, looking a little daft?

Do you HAVE to have others use it with you, or can you use it alone?

Thoughts...?

Steve

Steve,

I've posted on this subject once before at C-R, giving an account of my only direct experience. I do not suggest that it is average, but that is because the ouija board is much like the magic 8-ball. I do not mean that there are only stock, loaded answers, or that we do not contact spirits with it. The latter - often enough - is most certainly the case, imho.

What I mean is that our responses, and our experiences, will depend largely upon the nature of our questions ... yet even more so upon the motive, or the reasons why we're asking them. There is nothing wrong with divination, though for those who have learned how to meditate effectively, or to pray with the Spirit, answers are every bit as clear - and much, much more direct, or immediate - than when using something like a ouija board or a pendulum (for `dowsing').

If you read my post, you will see that - again, imho - it will (quite) possibly make the difference between night and day, depending on whom we are directing our questions toward (using the board) ... and we must also consider the notion of whether or not the addressed party is in any position to consciously answer us (even from within the super-conscious, for cousin Joe may not have that ability, while for the spiritually advanced Sage or Saint, it is almost a given). In or out of the flesh may not matter, yet addressing Plato is by no means the same, as addressing Jerry Falwell. ;)

Fwiw ... http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/spiritual-mediums-6904.html#post99031 (the link to my earlier post)

Namaskar,

Andrew

It is all simply suggestion and thought... The movement? You, you move the glass... You try so hard to believe in it and will fail to acknowledge it is just your own subcon body movements doing it lol..... Same as ghost writing... :\ This world is about as spiritual as my arse.

---edit---

Also forgot to mention this guy Derren Brown (bows head) did a show called "Seance"

Derren Brown - Seance

Should see if you can find it on whatever website you visit to watch videos... You can even join in to see how it works.... All spiritual "things" are nothing but, entertainment for the simple.

God's View of the Occult

At 1 Corinthians 10:20, the apostle Paul warned Christians: "I do not want you to become sharers with the demons." Just who are the demons, and why is it so dangerous to get involved with them? Simply put, the demons are former angels, who have chosen to follow Satan the Devil. Satan means "Resister" and Devil means "Slanderer." According to the Bible, this former angelic son of God made himself a resister and a slanderer by choosing to rebel against God. In time, he enticed other angels to join him in his rebellious course. These allies thus became demons.—Genesis 3:1-15; 6:1-4; Jude 6.
Jesus called Satan "the ruler of this world." (John 12:31) Satan and his demons have "great anger" over their impending destruction.
(Revelation 12:9-12) it is satan and his demons who pretend to be dead people so do not be misled by those boards

Young People Ask... Dabbling in the Occult--What's the Harm? - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site

It is all simply suggestion and thought... The movement? You, you move the glass... You try so hard to believe in it and will fail to acknowledge it is just your own subcon body movements doing it lol..... Same as ghost writing... :\ This world is about as spiritual as my arse.
yes i would agree that those things happen as you say, but i also believe that the demons can use this for promoting the lie that we will not die . satan started the first lie back in the garden of eden when he said to eve ..... you will not die ................... and the lie goes on , along with the teaching of the IMMORTALITY OF THE HUMAN SOUL these two untruths go hand in hand

The Christian worldview is just one of many. The Christian worldview is only considered to be correct by those who are Christians. Why should non-Christians be expected to accept Christian explanations of things as any more authoritative than explanations given by any other religious group?

It's always puzzled me why even among occult practitioners there is a tendency to assume that the Ouija involves spirit interaction (and it therefore potentially dangerous) but on the other hand stating that other forms of divination are safe. Some explanations of divination speculate that all of this "hidden knowledge" that is being brought forward by whatever divination method we choose to use is the result of spirit assistance.

If divination is essentially a way for spirits to communicate with us, then why should we assume the spirits are automatically malevolent? Helpful spirits can speak to us through divination systems (including the Ouija board) too.

Divination systems, including the Ouija board, are neither good nor evil in my humble opinion. Whether one chooses to communicate with helpful or harmful beings through them is up to the user. Whether one chooses to heed or ignore the advice given through divination is also up to the user.

And since divination is all about communication, it seems to me that it's not really that different from praying. Why aren't people being warned that prayer might open the doors to evil spirits coming into your life? How do you know the spirit you are praying to is truly helpful, and not an imposter? Isn't praying kind of like picking up the phone and dialing a random number and assuming the person on the other end is automatically going to be helpful?

Just some things to think about.

The Christian worldview is just one of many. The Christian worldview is only considered to be correct by those who are Christians. Why should non-Christians be expected to accept Christian explanations of things as any more authoritative than explanations given by any other religious group?

It's always puzzled me why even among occult practitioners there is a tendency to assume that the Ouija involves spirit interaction (and it therefore potentially dangerous) but on the other hand stating that other forms of divination are safe. Some explanations of divination speculate that all of this "hidden knowledge" that is being brought forward by whatever divination method we choose to use is the result of spirit assistance.

If divination is essentially a way for spirits to communicate with us, then why should we assume the spirits are automatically malevolent? Helpful spirits can speak to us through divination systems (including the Ouija board) too.

Divination systems, including the Ouija board, are neither good nor evil in my humble opinion. Whether one chooses to communicate with helpful or harmful beings through them is up to the user. Whether one chooses to heed or ignore the advice given through divination is also up to the user.

And since divination is all about communication, it seems to me that it's not really that different from praying. Why aren't people being warned that prayer might open the doors to evil spirits coming into your life? How do you know the spirit you are praying to is truly helpful, and not an imposter? Isn't praying kind of like picking up the phone and dialing a random number and assuming the person on the other end is automatically going to be helpful?

Just some things to think about.
if they were good angels or demons they would be working inline with Gods will , not doing things that he condems. the reason the bible tells us to not get involved with spirit mediums is because the most high knows that it is lies . praying to God is not a random number ,the bible tells us who to direct our prays too and who to go through.

if they were good angels or demons they would be working inline with Gods will , not doing things that he condems. the reason the bible tells us to not get involved with spirit mediums is because the most high knows that it is lies . praying to God is not a random number ,the bible tells us who to direct our prays too and who to go through.

....unlike the bible, which, of course, is a book, or rather several, full of incitement to hate, mysogony, fable, and lies. But that's another story....:p

Anyway, the most rational explaination that I had was this....

Ideomotor effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Steve,

I've posted on this subject once before at C-R, giving an account of my only direct experience. I do not suggest that it is average, but that is because the ouija board is much like the magic 8-ball. I do not mean that there are only stock, loaded answers, or that we do not contact spirits with it. The latter - often enough - is most certainly the case, imho.

What I mean is that our responses, and our experiences, will depend largely upon the nature of our questions ... yet even more so upon the motive, or the reasons why we're asking them. There is nothing wrong with divination, though for those who have learned how to meditate effectively, or to pray with the Spirit, answers are every bit as clear - and much, much more direct, or immediate - than when using something like a ouija board or a pendulum (for `dowsing').

If you read my post, you will see that - again, imho - it will (quite) possibly make the difference between night and day, depending on whom we are directing our questions toward (using the board) ... and we must also consider the notion of whether or not the addressed party is in any position to consciously answer us (even from within the super-conscious, for cousin Joe may not have that ability, while for the spiritually advanced Sage or Saint, it is almost a given). In or out of the flesh may not matter, yet addressing Plato is by no means the same, as addressing Jerry Falwell. ;)

Fwiw ... http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/spiritual-mediums-6904.html#post99031 (the link to my earlier post)

Namaskar,

Andrew

LOL, Jerry Falwell! I think it would be rather interesting if he came through. Plato would be interesting, but his philosophies on life would look rather dated compared to those of mine, which are all brilliant, and true....;)

Anyway, the most rational explanation that I had was this....

From a sceptical, rational, scientific point of view the ideomotor effect is the most likely explanation for how the Ouija works, as well as things like dowsing and pendulums.

Other divination systems like astrology, tarot, etc. work (from a sceptical point of view) by providing so many vague interpretations that they can easily be worked into something that appears relevant for any situation by any person.

And all of this does not require the interaction of invisible beings of any sort.

From the point of view of believing in invisible beings who interact with the living through divination, I still don't see how one can confidently claim that the spirits one contacts through divination are any different (any better or any worse) than the spirits one contacts through prayer or other "acceptable" methods. Making those distinctions seems to come down to just accepting it because someone said it's so... belief without proof.

....unlike the bible, which, of course, is a book, or rather several, full of incitement to hate, mysogony, fable, and lies. But that's another story....:p
some see the bible through the eyes of Jesus ,
I am giving YOU a new commandment, that YOU love one another; just as I have loved YOU, that YOU also love one another. By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.”JOHN 13;34-35 But back to trying to get in contact with so called dead people, this is just yet one more way that Satan promotes his lie . and sadly people get to believe this lie when they are sometimes at their most vunrable, and that can be when they have lost a loved one in death.

some see the bible through the eyes of Jesus ,
I am giving YOU a new commandment, that YOU love one another; just as I have loved YOU, that YOU also love one another. By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.”JOHN 13;34-35 But back to trying to get in contact with so called dead people, this is just yet one more way that Satan promotes his lie . and sadly people get to believe this lie when they are sometimes at their most vunrable, and that can be when they have lost a loved one in death.

Through the eyes of Jesus..? Rather than through your own..? Hmm. Personally, I am about as afraid of anything related to the occult, as I am to any of God's threats, Mee, and that is not at all. Why? Because, none of it is real. It's all a delusion. All of it. That said, if you know your bible, and know it well, then you will also know that god is one of the, sorry, make that THE biggest killer of all time. Satan, on the other hand, he has actually killed no one at all. So there is that.

But on the point that mediums pray upon the emotionally vulnerable, on that I do agree, as do all the monotheistic religions, for recruitment purposes.

Anyway, the most rational explaination that I had was this....

The bible indeed is nothing but a book and a ouiji board is nothing but a freaking board lol they are both useless.... Neither can change a thing, they can't make you a better person, they can't tell you secrets of the past, they do not hold the answers to your future ;\ You are the push that makes you move.... The past is what has been done... So leave it there, and the future is what you make it, a book, board, cross around your neck, a tattoo of some symbol or a lucky hat or whatever isn't going to effect a thing... :\ Self is all you need.... And from there your on your own...

Satan, on the other hand, he has actually killed no one at all. So there is that.

satan was the instigater of the biggest lie ever .He said to Eve , YOU WILL NOT DIE he is the one that started death off in the first place.

That is why, just as through one man (Adam)sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned—. Romans 5;12

Jesus Christ said of him: “That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him.” (Joh 8:44; 1Jo 3:8) Jesus here shows that Satan was once in the truth, but forsook it. Beginning with his first overt act in turning Adam and Eve away from God, he was a manslayer, for he thereby brought about the death of Adam and Eve, which, in turn, brought sin and death to their offspring. (Ro 5:12)

The bible indeed is nothing but a book
Its good to know that it is a book from God

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.
2 TIMOTHY3;16-17

(2 Peter 1:21) For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit.

The bible indeed is nothing but a book and a ouiji board is nothing but a freaking board lol they are both useless.... Neither can change a thing, they can't make you a better person, they can't tell you secrets of the past, they do not hold the answers to your future ;\ You are the push that makes you move.... The past is what has been done... So leave it there, and the future is what you make it, a book, board, cross around your neck, a tattoo of some symbol or a lucky hat or whatever isn't going to effect a thing... :\ Self is all you need.... And from there your on your own...

its very true that how we respond to what the bible contains is from us . and that can be in a negative way or in a positive way. for those who apply and act on Gods word the bible it is most benifical indeed .

For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope ROMANS 15;4

(2 Peter 1:19) Consequently we have the prophetic word [made] more sure; and YOU are doing well in paying attention to it as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until day dawns and a daystar rises, in YOUR hearts.

Lev. 19:31: “Do not turn yourselves to the spirit mediums, and do not consult professional foretellers of events, so as to become unclean by them. I am Jehovah your God.”

2 Ki. 21:6: “[King Manasseh] practiced magic and looked for omens and made spirit mediums and professional foretellers of events. He did on a large scale what was bad in Jehovah’s eyes, to offend him.” (Such spiritistic practices actually involved turning to Satan and his demons for help. No wonder it was “bad in Jehovah’s eyes,” and he brought severe punishment upon Manasseh for it. But when he repented and gave up these bad practices, he was blessed by Jehovah.)

Back