Taosaur

Taosaur

buddho-shamanic
Reaction score
:waves: Just looking for a little creative discussion of what we have here and what we should do about it.

My way of engaging phenomena derives mainly from lifelong meditation and exploration of conscious states. My main wisdom tradition is Bodhidharma, principally Tibetan.

Be well.

Namaste and welcome Taosaur,

Lifelong meditation... may I ask what your current method is? ie when, how, how long?

and what you've rolled thru over the years?

Hi and welcome to CR

Cool name ;)

Tao
Yeah, you gotta say dat. Now we have the Way of the Dino to go with the Way of the horse....

Hmmm....one is extinct, the other relies on brute strength, we should be getting an industrial age tao and an information age one, maybe even a dark ages one, medieval...

ty for the greetings :)

I'd interpret the name more as Lizard of the Way, but I'm not picky ;)

Wil, my meditation is pretty sporadic these days, so usually vippisana, sometimes Tonglen. Guru mantra yoga has also been a big part of my practice, and as a kid I used to do a kind of improvised chakra thing lying in bed.

Welcome to CR Taosauer !

I think I remember you. You lived on an island off of Costa Rica and Mr. Speilberg made a movie about you and your buddies ?

flow....:p

??

Do tell!
Well, my take is that there's no way to 'answer' the basic mysteries, that religions, when they're working, are the questions that can elicit insight into the true, present state of things as their answers. In other words, any religion or even philosophical discussion, can serve as a ''finger pointing at the moon.''

Welcome Taosaur,

Now why do I have a feeling you know more than you say.........

I am also a meditator, more so one who sees meditation as balance and higher connection as life line connection day by day.....24/7.

I followed the way of the shaman many years to find he/she the ultimate joker in the pack...... revelation, yes the sacred and profane, all spirituality and religion ........fingers at the moon, and yet would you agree .....God is...........
the ultimate is .....and it is in everything.

- c -

Snoop, I take it your ?? was in reference to Taosaurs 'here' as in you were thinking the reference was to here as the board and I think the query was in relation to here as life...

I could be wrong on all counts.

Well, my take is that there's no way to 'answer' the basic mysteries, that religions, when they're working, are the questions that can elicit insight into the true, present state of things as their answers. In other words, any religion or even philosophical discussion, can serve as a ''finger pointing at the moon.''

Good words, and all in the right order! In my brevity (I suffer from Keyboard Asthma Syndrome) I failed to fully round out my question: what I meant was: how does Bodhidharma relate to your Tibetan practice?

s.

Snoop, I take it your ?? was in reference to Taosaurs 'here' as in you were thinking the reference was to here as the board and I think the query was in relation to here as life...

I could be wrong on all counts.

Just my general vague confusion!

s.

Welcome Taosaur,

Now why do I have a feeling you know more than you say.........

ty :)
Having posted only a few hundred words, I can only hope you're correct.

I followed the way of the shaman many years to find he/she the ultimate joker in the pack...... revelation, yes the sacred and profane, all spirituality and religion ........fingers at the moon, and yet would you agree .....God is...........
the ultimate is .....and it is in everything.
- c -

I honor my ancestor Coyote :D As for the dualistic bit at the end there, I would say God is and the ultimate is.....a way of looking at things. There's one isness, and you can carve it any way you like.

wil said:

I opted to frame my intentions independent of cosm--macro, meso or micro.

Snoopy said:
Good words, and all in the right order! In my brevity (I suffer from Keyboard Asthma Syndrome) I failed to fully round out my question: what I meant was: how does Bodhidharma relate to your Tibetan practice?

Sorry :eek: I intended "bodhidharma" only as the body of teaching emanating from the historical Buddha, and not as the Zen patriarch.

Everyone else, ty for the welcome :)

Greetings, Taosaur.:)

It has been a long time since I have met a Dinosaur of Philosophy and Reasoning.

Back