Welcome to 2008

Does this include the Zealots? :D

How many hours are you in advance up there in Scotland??

I'm looking forward to another Rat year, me being a Rat year baby!!!

s.

Snoopy,

Scotland is GMT so its still 7hrs to the bells. But when I posted originally I knew some people were raising a toast to auld lang syne somewhere down Australia way.

17th,
We love the English so much we deign to govern you whilst retaining our own independent wee parliament that you have no say in! So hud yer wheesht laddy!!;)

Tao

I remember sitting on a bench facing out to sea at St. Andrews and having a whiff of the Islay malt I'd just bought and thinking "They've bottled the sea!!"

s.

lol... clever buggers aint we :p

All Islay malts are pretty peaty so I cant quite how it tasted of salt water. Were you sat in one of them force 9 easterlies we get?

Attachments

• snoopy wave.JPG
    snoopy wave.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 299
HAPPY NEW YEAR

I hope the blessings in each of our lives continue, and the troubles in our lives become less, and that we remain strong enough to overcome those troubles that will persist.

Happy new Year to you all. we usually have a lovely bbq at the beach but weve had some pretty wild weather so we will have to cancel and stay indoors. be safe and it will be a terrific year.

Happy New Year everyone and I hope 2008 brings you all much happiness.

I have decided to begin this year with the ancients, I am off to the pyramids today to see if I can suck any energy out of them (knowing my luck they will just suck all the energy out of me - it is a long climb to the top :p).

Snoopy, when does the year of the rat begin? Is it mid Feb? I am a dragon (no big shock there lol) and my element is wood (again no big surprises).

Rats sound like lucky people:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]People born in the Year of the Rat are noted for their charm and attraction for the opposite sex. They work hard to achieve their goals, acquire possessions, and are likely to be perfectionists. They are basically thrifty with money. Rat people are easily angered and love to gossip. Their ambitions are big, and they are usually very successful. They are most compatible with people born in the years of the Dragon, Monkey, and Ox.[/FONT]

YouTube - Dinner for One

YouTube - Happy New Year (ABBA)

*the :kitty: delegation enters, each pulling a wagon that contains a "luck food" from the different cultures represented by the members of IF, depositing their burdens right beside a huge table. They commence mingling as the ferret and lunamoth delegations enter the room, joining the humans and the :kitty:s. The only times the non-human delegations leave the room (besides to discretely take care of "personal business") is to refill the wagons whenever they're empty*

Don't you just love :kitty: "cat"erers? :D

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Snoopy, when does the year of the rat begin? Is it mid Feb? I am a dragon (no big shock there lol) and my element is wood (again no big surprises).

Have a good time on your trip!

I'm not snoopy, more like charlie brown, but according to my lovely wife I believe Chinese New Year is Feb. 7.

I'm an, ummm, ox...(no surprises there!)...in a china shop. :D wheeeeee!

I'm an, ummm, ox...(no surprises there!)...in a china shop. :D wheeeeee!

Hee, hee. That is why I think wood suits me - thick as a plank!! :p:D

I was just remembering my childhood stint in the Far East, it is amazing but the only Chinese I can remember is how to say Happy New Year. Amazing what stays with you. I remember very little of it but do clearly remember the water festival, people standing on blocks of flats throwing water over passers by.

cirkey sounds like me, i'm a rooster...i strut my thang, sometimes to the annoyance of others....:p

happy new year one and all...

Rats sound like lucky people:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]People born in the Year of the Rat are noted for their charm and attraction for the opposite sex. They work hard to achieve their goals, acquire possessions, and are likely to be perfectionists. They are basically thrifty with money. Rat people are easily angered and love to gossip. Their ambitions are big, and they are usually very successful. They are most compatible with people born in the years of the Dragon, Monkey, and Ox.[/FONT]

Happy new year to you Sal and everyone. Yeah, Feb 7, I'm a Metal Rat :D

Chinese New Year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not sure about some of this description of Rats though.

s.

lol... clever buggers aint we :p

All Islay malts are pretty peaty so I cant quite how it tasted of salt water. Were you sat in one of them force 9 easterlies we get?

No, just a lot of sea spray!!

s.

Back