Need help from the kitty delegation

Muslimwoman

Coexistence insha'Allah
Reaction score
HELP my cat has gone insane.

Mishmish is an un-neutered male and about 2 years old now. He has always tried play fighting with me but since I returned home there is now lots of blood involved - mine. He just starts growling and leaps for my arm, not in a playful way but actually attacking. Yesterday it was so bad I had to lock him in another room. He is a house cat and I have bought him millions of toys but he doesn't play with them.

How can I stop my cat trying to kill me?

I had been thinking of getting another kitten so he had a playmate but I am now worried he would really hurt it.

First off, wash everything you took with you to get rid of as much of the "foreign smells" as you can (especially the smells of the dog.)

Second, let him get used to you again (you've been gone for a while, so you aren't "recognized" by the aggressive tomcat as one of his minions.) A bit of discrete "I'm ignoring you right now" when he sends his "I'll rip you to shreds" signal.

Third, get some "claw caps" (Soft Paws is one brand) and put them on your tormentor (they are almost as easy to put on him as putting fake nails on.)

If worse comes to worst, neuter him.

Those are the only suggestions I have. :eek:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine (and :kitty: delegation)

That is what I was thinking but not sure how much I trust the vets here. I might arrange to go look at the animal hospital and see how clean it is and if they can reasure me a bit. He also appears to only have one visible one so it worries me it will need a bigger operation to fish the other out.

Thanks Phyllis - I shall try the ignoring thing - I do tend to get confrontational with him in the hope he will back down but he never does.

By the way does anyone know what breed of cat starts life white with blue eyes but at around 2 changes to a chocolate brown face and paws and a dusky coloured coat? I nearly didn't recognise him.

ahh mw, have you considered the possibility that this is not mishmish? just a thought.

Oh it is him alright, there can't be 2 evil balls of fur with one ball - can there?

I think Phyllis may have a point with the dog smells, I hadn't thought of that so I am now effectively the enemy. The washing machine is going 10 to the dozen now and I have washed down my suitcases.

Yes he could certainly have either heritage. I think he is a pure breed of some kind.

Might be easier if I show you a picture (hope this works):

Attachments

• Mishmish-2.jpg
    Mishmish-2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 198
MW, Salaam...

Here's a little ditty from The King and I which seems entirely appropriate in this case: "We are Siamese if you please. We are Siamese if you don't please."

A VERY independent and private breed. Mishmish is just showing you her regal lines of breeding and purpose for being.

I'm yours and you are mine. Any other animals get between us and you're toast. The old green eyed monster I think.

Love that name !

flow....:rolleyes:

awyeahz hes got sum simese in im has that regal look that i love and c so often when i looks in2 teh mirrir. prettyboy. hey dont blame him sumetimes we simese git abit testy u know cuz peeple dont all ways preciate our royal heritaj

give him luv even if hes got his clws in yua give im treets
give me treets

ure welcum to teh advice
i yhink greymare mite b rite maybve its not him its u
give more luv

He's adorable. (I like that breed. I guess adorable isn't the right word. There is nothing adorable about him drawing blood.)
I would suggest seeing what the vet says. They can't do any damage by just talking.

Are his shots up to date?

I hope you get some kind of answer.

Oh I am so excited - I have a royal cat!! I didn't think he was Siamese because he doesn't look emaciated but now I have looked it seems not all do look that way and he definately has all the right markings. Apparently they all start off white but their colour (points) grow out over time. Wow blue blood in the family :D

I followed Phyllis' advice and washed everything I brought back from UK and it seems to have calmed him down so much.

Hi Patti - unfortunately you can't get jabs here, I would have to take him to Cairo and last time I tried he was so sick in the car I had to turn around and come home, I thought he was going to meet his maker.

I think you might be right about the jealousy Flow, whenever my hubby and I are together now he sits and growls at us and then forces his way into the middle. Obviously my baby is just pleased to have Mum home. Although after months alone with hubby he now seems confused as to where his loyalties lie.

HELP my cat has gone insane.

What cat isn't?

Mishmish is an un-neutered male and about 2 years old now.

Wrong........

Imagine he isn't some little house cat... Imagine, imagine... He's a tiger... Ok? Now, would you be careful around him and not incite him to a fight? He has bigger teeth and sharper claws than you.. He WILL win in a fight hand fight..... He is just alot smaller than a tiger BUT he is still a creature with the same chain of thoughts......

I have bought him millions of toys but he doesn't play with them.

Wrong....

Outside is his playground... Too many toys makes a child spoilt, how must that be for a house pet?

How can I stop my cat trying to kill me?

More space, more respect.

The feline isn't a group animal... Yes, it lives within groups but it is a solitary minded animal, space/territory is high on the "important list"...

Failing this, remove his parts, I don't agree with this, but it gets results..

I had been thinking of getting another kitten so he had a playmate but I am now worried he would really hurt it.

Males TEND, (not always) not to appreciate kittens, thats a female 'thing'...

I mentioned space and territory before? Imagine in the wild... WIDDDDE open space... A house... Not matter if it is even a detached house lol that is TINY amount of territory the average territory amount for a single cat compared to the terriotry it gets in a home is shocking lol... So you add another cat looking for territory you got problems. It would SEEM like twenty cats.... Because of the territory borders and small space.....

Here's a little ditty from The King and I which seems entirely appropriate in this case: "We are Siamese if you please. We are Siamese if you don't please."

A VERY independent and private breed. Mishmish is just showing you her regal lines of breeding and purpose for being.

I'm yours and you are mine. Any other animals get between us and you're toast. The old green eyed monster I think.
Psst, hey Flow! Maybe that song was in the King and I, it's been so long I don't recall, but it seems to me the Disney version is in Lady and the Tramp.

Outside is his playground... Too many toys makes a child spoilt, how must that be for a house pet?

More space, more respect.

The feline isn't a group animal... Yes, it lives within groups but it is a solitary minded animal, space/territory is high on the "important list"...

I mentioned space and territory before? Imagine in the wild... WIDDDDE open space... A house... Not matter if it is even a detached house lol that is TINY amount of territory the average territory amount for a single cat compared to the terriotry it gets in a home is shocking lol... So you add another cat looking for territory you got problems. It would SEEM like twenty cats.... Because of the territory borders and small space.....
By no means am I any kind of expert, its been many years since I've been around a cat on a regular basis. But mom had a siamese when I was a teenager. Gotta go with 17 on these points about wanting to roam. Mom wanted him to be a housecat, but wouldn't neuter him because he was papered purebred (breeding potential and all, $$$). Of course the cat (Chu Chan Toy Ming Toy Mae Ling, or Valentine Valentino on his papers) had other ideas. First chance he got to escape the house, he took off for a few days and came back. Shortly after he took off and didn't return...until my brother found him living out of the dumpster behind the meatmarket about a mile away, fat and sassy as he ever was. We moved shortly after that, and mom kept him kenneled pretty close. He got out again after we moved, but never saw him again... That's why I guessed siamese by your color description. Not particularly cuddlesome, at least not like all the other cats I have known through the years.

It's freaking Siamese? lol... Please don't get another cat... It will add stress.. Sorry, just advice, from my experience and knowledge of animals... I wouldn't suggest it. Unless you wish to be a butcher and take off his parts... lol.

We tend to forget these are mighty and proud creatures.. Just, compact size... A bite, scratch, hiss soon can remind us that we don't really have control over the other animals as much as we would like to think so.

Psst, hey Flow! Maybe that song was in the King and I, it's been so long I don't recall, but it seems to me the Disney version is in Lady and the Tramp.
I rented The King and I a while back... surprised me, I actually thought ...

My mom loved that. While I was growing up (sort of), everytime "if you please" came up in conversation, you would hear some version of that saying.

Okay I get the point - I do tend to transfer human emotions on to animals :eek:

Problem is I can't let him out in the street, we live in a very busy area with a gazillion street cats. He escapes sometimes then just panics and runs into the first shop or house with an open door and hides. Luckily the whole area knows by now where he lives (with the crazy english oman) so they tend to kindly bring him back. My hubby while I was away would let him out sometimes and the most he does is run up the stairs to the roof and after 5 mins comes home, he never tries to go outside now.

I left him in tact because I dont like to operate on an animal just for my convenience, not for money - I wouldn't breed from him as there are already so many cats here.

So you all think he is better just by himself being lord of the manor? Even if he went out his territory would be about 5 feet square (there are so many cats here and th are all better fighters).

Okay I have hidden most of his toys and just left the one out we play with together (a fishing rod type thing). I think I need to bring him a big log to scratch and leap around on.

He has calmed down so much since I washed the dog smells away and now ignore him rather than try to fight back (you are right 17th he is a better fighter than me - how many sharp objects can you fit on one small tiger?). I haven't bled for 2 days now :D

Back