The 12 Metaphysical Commandments

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Under Division of the Commandments Wiki looks at the various ways various religions/denominations break down the '10' commandments.

So I am looking at all 12, such a nice number metaphysically anyway. The basic tenant is that these are not just simple things, but actually interact with our lives everyday, all day and we are not punished for our sins, but by them, ie breaking a commandment has personal internal concurrent repercussions.

These are contemplations, ready to be explored, refined, discussed or tossed aside.

I am the Lord your God
When you say I AM you are invoking spirit to look at and consider you as the words that follow. Your I AM is never sorry, or stupid, or incapable, etc. Watch what you affirm as spirit will assist it in becoming reality.

You shall have no other gods before me
Not the NFL god, or the TV god, or the job god, or the nationalistic god.

You shall not make for yourself an idol
Little trinkets and big statues and buildings do not represent G!d, birth of a baby, a flower blooming in the snow, a thunderstorm on the mountains, a sunset, with representations of G!d all around us, putting more energy into manmade things is ludicrous.

You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God
Words are powerful things, our thoughts are prayers, take care of how you use them, especially when tired, or under the influence of alcohol or medications.

Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy
Rest from creation, honor the time given to us, be a human being and not just a human doing, it is all holy, the sabbath is what, when and where you make of it.

Honor your Father and Mother
on infinitum, earth, air, food, shelter, G!d, parents, grandparents, children, everything and anything that affects your experiences continually gives birth to the new you.

You shall not murder*
Don't tell that child (or adult) his/her singing, dancing, artwork is atrocious, honor life and creativity, feed the creation, nurture growth, don't murder enthusiasm, creativity, inquiry, exploration....

You shall not commit adultery
Don't dilute your principles, don't waiver from your path.

You shall not steal
Two fold, first don't take what isn't yours, second realize first nothing is yours, it is all on loan from G!d, therefor nothing in spirit can be stolen from you.

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
All three of these are both micro and macro, if you tell lies who are you lying to but yourself? Who are you harming but yourself? On the macro go ahead and try to deny gravity...

You shall not covet your neighbor's house
neighbor-opposing thought, house-an organized physical entity

You shall not covet your neighbor's wife
wife-an idea or ideal that another aspect is 'married' to.

Back