He is Risen!

I object to the editing... shame on you Lunamoth.

Who or what exactly did the mosquito represent? I see accuracy in the metaphor and I even had it in a waking dream once that was relevant in my life, but I question the meaning and intent of 'swatting' the mosquito in the words that were here. I note that mosquitos have ears, and mosquitos do not bite... they suck. I can easily pull the potentially relevant verses from the gospels but I would like to hear more of what was intended before the censoring.

The posts were offensive and inappropriate, most especially on Easter. Shame on whoever posted them. I actually can't believe that they were really by our members and I suspect a hack.

I stand by the edits.

The posts were offensive and inappropriate, most especially on Easter. Shame on whoever posted them. I actually can't believe that they were really by our members and I suspect a hack.

I stand by the edits.
What you have done is far more offensive in my book on this alleged week of rememberance. In the day there were people trying to censor and silence Jesus, and they have failed. Was Jesus trying to censor them?

If you wish to object, then please object... do not censor like a coward afraid of words. A number of people, self included, consider Easter itself to be a bit inappropriate... in the gospels Jesus did not say to paint and hide chicken or chocolate eggs in rememberance of him. Did he? He did say to eat his flesh and drink his blood.

I first felt that it was a little sharp or offensive... I was also going to object. I do not know the intention behind the words. I was drawn to the unique nature of the words, and was just returning to see where it went. Lets ask questions rather than condemn the words not understood just because they were different. Anyone who censors reveals to me their own error. Far more offensive, most especially in this week. Shame on anyone who censors... I consider it non-Christian... please show me where Christ censored or taught anyone to censor.

Hmmm....I object to the offensive posts I edited. I edited them openly with my name attached. I posted to claim that I edited them openly. I would edit them again. Not sure how that's cowardly. :shrug:

I know you enjoy a little verbal tussle cyberpi, which is fine. Feel free to wax poetic about Jesus and mosquitoes. The title of this thread is "He is Risen." Such a thread, especially on Easter, should be respectful. Please keep it so, and have a blessed Easter.

Happy Easter everyone!

Easter_lily-764560.jpg

Hmmm....I object to the offensive posts I edited. I edited them openly with my name attached. I posted to claim that I edited them openly. I would edit them again. Not sure how that's cowardly. :shrug:

I know you enjoy a little verbal tussle cyberpi, which is fine. Feel free to wax poetic about Jesus and mosquitoes. The title of this thread is "He is Risen." Such a thread, especially on Easter, should be respectful. Please keep it so, and have a blessed Easter.
Would you like it if others edited your words for what they deemed to be offensive? Yes? Then provide everyone here with the ability to edit your words. No? Then you have broken a foundation of all law as presented by Jesus Christ.

Shame on every coward who censors. Have a Happy Easter too, even to those who tried to permanently censor Jesus because his words were found offensive.

I stand by the edits.

Hack? I don't think so. There was nothing offensive in my post, what is offensive is your uncalled for censorship.

How about this cyberpi? Is it possible that the quote, in the original greek, is actually "O Death, where is thy proboscus?"

HAPPY, HAPPY EASTER!

I would watch the hack accusations- You know absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Patti, I am really surprised you wrote that. Even if a joke it's still my call that it is offensive and was in very poor taste, and not acceptible for this forum. Maybe the lounge or something. If you want to complain please PM Brian, Bruce or Vaj. I am sure they will deal with you fairly.

But, as for myself, a post under the title of "He is Risen" on Easter that has the punchline "Bite me" is not appropriate for this forum.

Yours,
luna

BTW, It really was my impression right up until you claimed the post that it was written by someone else who hacked into your username somehow.

Last edited:
Patti, I am really surprised you wrote that. Even if a joke it's still my call that it is offensive and was in very poor taste, and not acceptible for this forum. Maybe the lounge or something. If you want to complain please PM Brian, Bruce or Vaj. I am sure they will deal with you fairly.

But, as for myself, a post under the title of "He is Risen" on Easter that has the punchline "Bite me" is not appropriate for this forum.

Yours,
luna
Well luna- I find insistence that there is any other way to heaven besides Jesus Christ to be a pesky annoyance that needs swatting. I guess the "Bite me" comment was off-color. It did get my point across, be it ever so briefly. Sorry.

As for appealing through proper channels, that is just silly.

Now reading the entire discussion it appears to me that Luna acted on behalf of Karen and CR, maybe mistakenly but she did the best with the knowledge she had.

She couldn't perceive Pattimax as writing this and attempted to fix what she saw as a wrong, she was not censoring Karen, but trying to not have her name sullied.

Tis a wonderful Monday morning, and I for one had a great Easter. Family, friends, church it was all quite nice.

Good time for us all to contemplate forgiveness, turning the other cheek and moving on!

wil, have you applied the golden rule to censorship? How about your modified version... does it not apply? Censor your neighbor as you would like your neighbor to censor you?

It is good to see you do not get your panties in a bunch calling for censorship, wil. It was good to see that you did not call for censorship when a moderator said to you, "Awwwhhhh bite me."... and neither did I call for censorship when an angry moderator said to me, "But In Time Everything will Measure Equivocally, and Praise Unto The Zadokkim!" (Bite me, putz). So then what is the business of censoring when someone generically says, "Jesus said as he swatted the mosquito, 'Bite me.' " Is that really offensive? I've said worse I think while killing a mosquito... but lets just see what Jesus did say:

John 6:54 Whoso eats my fleash, and drinks my blood, has eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:56 He that eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

So then in John I don't read about any mosquitos but I see that Jesus did indirectly say, "Bite Me"... because he said, "Eat me", and he said, "Drink me"... he taught to eat his flesh and to drink his blood... especially in rememberance of him. Easter? So then should I turn a blind eye or a deaf tongue or a dead mind when a moderator is so offended by this that he/she feels the need to delete the words from another? Who was so offended to censor it when another moderator said, 'bite me', directly to both you and to me? Are people here beneath a mosquito?

wil, have you applied the golden rule to censorship? How about your modified version... does it not apply? Censor your neighbor as you would like your neighbor to censor you?
Namaste cp,

I believe it does. Had Luna or anyone seen some post under my moniker that they thought didn't fit me and they thought it was absolutely innappropriate and they out of concern that it was some hacker playing games...I may have an issue that I they did it, but I would understand once I heard their explanation and I would appreciate their concern.

All that being said, hard to envision something they wouldn't think I'd say!

And as I said, I don't see it as censorship if I accept the explanatioin, and I do. And even the hindsight discussion, wrong forum, wrong time could apply.

All this with me still not seeing the original post.

And China, your rant is completely innappropriate, so I deleted it.

Imagine no more moderators
it isn't hard to do
no one deleting posts
messing with me and you
Imagine all the people, posting as they please
You hoo ewwww, you may say I'm a dreamer
but I'm not the only one
I hope some day when you're not looking
a mosquito bi hi aye aye, aye ites your bum

Chris

Please imagine my normal rant...

Thank you.

Chris
Well put. Thanks much.

Luna- I wasn’t trying to be offensive to Christians and I appreciate the fact that you were trying to protect in case of hacking.

I choose my battles and this one didn’t make the cut. But I think mods should consider the spirit of the postings and not be so knee-jerk. This happened before. I called someone delusional and it got cut because the mod, in his quick witted way, thought I was classifying her as a mental patient.

Thanks cyberpi.

Last edited:
I object to the editing... shame on you Lunamoth.

I use to have my owne speeling assisstant, buts eye thunk they av given up.... I think it was because I started mispelling things on purpose just to get a rise out of someone coming along and spending time to edet my post, but now looken back on it I thunk it helped to make me look better.... So yeah if it makes them happy fill your boots......

Hi All,

Karen, I now realize that you meant it as a joke. Please understand that it is because of my high regard for you as a generous person and devoted Christian that I was so taken aback by your OP.

However, even knowing what I do now I would not have let the thread stand unedited. As I said before, I think it is inappropriate to post an off-color joke, which as you can see also invited a follow-up mocking post right off the bat, under a title which is an exclamation of praise and worship. If I had not so completely suspected that someone else had posted other than Karen, if I had known it was a joke, I may have just changed the title and moved it to the lounge.

I suppose the reaction of some will be to go on and post a whole bunch more mocking and complaining threads in the Christianity forum. I really hope you don't, but if it happens I won't edit anything you write because I no longer care.

Back