UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
We've touched on this before...does it bother you:

That the US gov't refuses to allow us to know if our food is:

-Fertilized with sludge from human sewage treatment plants
-Cold Pasteurized aka radiated
-enhanced with bovine growth hormone
-genetically engineered (gmo frankenfoods)

and now they don't want Mad Cow testing??
The Bush administration on Friday urged a federal appeals court to stop meatpackers from testing all their animals for mad cow disease, but a skeptical judge questioned whether the government has that authority. The government seeks to reverse a lower court ruling that allowed Kansas-based Creekstone Farms Premium Beef to conduct more comprehensive testing to satisfy demand from overseas customers in Japan and elsewhere.
...He said the agency has no authority to prevent companies from using the test to reassure customers....."This is the government telling the consumers, `You're not entitled to this information,"' Frye said.

Your Big Mac contains the following ingredients.

100% prime beef from a herd of mutant cows grazed on mutant grass fertilised with the sh*t from the people of Kansas City. Your burger has been made radioactive for your safety but may contain some growth hormone.

Please dispose of the wrapping thoughtfully.

Would this make it harder to sell?

Your Big Mac contains the following ingredients.

100% prime beef from a herd of mutant cows grazed on mutant grass fertilised with the sh*t from the people of Kansas City. Your burger has been made radioactive for your safety but may contain some growth hormone.

Please dispose of the wrapping thoughtfully.

Would this make it harder to sell?
I'd hope so. But I'd question the 100%, the "prime" and the "beef"

Hamburgers shouldn't be 100% beef. They should contain egg, oatmeal, and some yummy spices. LOL I like homemade burgers...

Basically, the US food that doesn't come from organic farms that you know pretty well is crap. Most processed food, aside from containing the usual crap of hormones, antibiotics, etc. will also contain chemicals to make it look better, stay around longer, and have a different consistency (along with a healthy dose of insects).

The bombardment of hormones in milk and meat products have been linked by many doctors to a host of feminine problems including early menarche and hormonal imbalance (anyone wonder about why everyone seems to have problems with fertility nowadays?).

There is an easy answer- buy organic from locally trusted resources. There are CSAs and grassfed, free range ranches. You'll get better tasting, fresher food and know that you're not killing yourself by eating. And you'll know that some local family that takes care of the environment is making a decent living, and you're not contributing to the gas shortage by trucking in your raspberries in the off-season from some far-off place. :)

Of course, people have to actually cook... And no fast food...

I wish I'd switched over a long time ago. I ate all that crap and developed allergies to a lot of it along with other problems. It's now all good organic stuff for me. Tastes better anyway.

Back