Are You Aware That......

M

mee

centuries before the shape of the earth was indicated by Columbus and Magellan, the bible stated that this planet is not flat but spherical?
ISAIAH 40;22

long before astronauts had a glimpse of the earth hanging in empty space, the bible pointed out that it is suspended upon nothing?
JOB 26;7

At least 2,500 years before English physician William Harvey discovered the circulatory system in the humanbody, the bible referred to the heart as the fountain, or source ,of life.?
PROVERBS 4;23

some 3,000 years ago, the bible described in simple terms the earths water cycle as part of the ecosystem that makes life on earth possible?
Ecclesiastes1;7

Is it not amazing that these scientific facts were touched on in the bible long before humans came to understand or discover them? Actually,in it, there is a treasure trove of imformation vital to life, just waiting for you and me to discover

Explain the joke? I don't get it.
And long before we associated the blue of the sky with the blue of the oceans the bible knew they were both made of water. Gen 1:6-8

And before we knew the moon was made of a nuclear glowing cheese it was written Gen 1:16

I think it is to that he was referring to the joke...trying to make something where it is not. And opening the door to such conjecture.

Hard to say that in one chapter circle means sphere when in a previous chapter of the same book they use the word ball. Yes they thought the world to be flat, yet circular, with the earth in the middle and something binding the seas, and the waters flowing back up to the river source.

its good how the bible is always right,:) maybe there are some things in the bible that people in general do not believe ,but things always turn out to be just right in the bible . thats because it is inspired of God.

and he knows the truth of things:)

Is it not amazing that these scientific facts were touched on in the bible long before humans came to understand or discover them? Actually,in it, there is a treasure trove of imformation vital to life, just waiting for you and me to discover

Is the new windows update available for down load?

Is the cure for diabetes available?

What about the best method of addressing the global energy needs?

What about the knowledge to combine the all of mankind?

And why did it take so long to vindicate Galileo?

Since Newton's Principia shares the affects of gravity and still no where in all of physical sciences is the 'force' of gravity proven correct, can you share what page the math is to finish the Theory of Everything?

some 3,000 years ago, the bible described in simple terms the earths water cycle as part of the ecosystem that makes life on earth possible?
Ecclesiastes1;7
But it seems that same catalog of literature (bible) suggests we were created (in the image of god) and said nothing about 'water' as to what makes life possible; as it is said many came from dust and women from a rib of the dust man. (is that the image of your god?)

hmmm.... ?

While I think the Bible contains a great deal of wisdom and was spiritually inspired I don't think it was meant to be a mere "science textbook" either... How many times have science texts had to be revised? I'm not sure... but lately the ones in print are already obsolete, so it really I think stretches it when people try to make the Bible into a science text.

Also if you check the verse cited above in Isaiah 40:22 it poetically refers to the "circle of the earth" not I would think "the sphere" but see for yourself at Isaiah 40:22 It is He who sits above the circle of the

- Art

While I think the Bible contains a great deal of wisdom and was spiritually inspired I don't think it was meant to be a mere "science textbook" either... How many times have science texts had to be revised? I'm not sure... but lately the ones in print are already obsolete, so it really I think stretches it when people try to make the Bible into a science text.

Also if you check the verse cited above in Isaiah 40:22 it poetically refers to the "circle of the earth" not I would think "the sphere" but see for yourself at Isaiah 40:22 It is He who sits above the circle of the

- Art
yes its good how the bible is always right :)

For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope. ROMANS 15;4

yes the bible is most beneficial to us in more ways than one.

yes its good how the bible is always right :)
You mean like here ? :

[FONT=arial,helvetica]1 He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord. 2 A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]Deuteronomy 23:1[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica]or this:[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica]If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]Leviticus 20:10
[/FONT]
I suppose to the many JW's that have indulged in incest they can use this for justification[FONT=arial,helvetica] :

[/FONT] [FONT=arial,helvetica]30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is no man around here to lie with us, as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let's get our father to drink wine and then lie with him and preserve our family line through our father." 33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and lay with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. 34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, "Last night I lay with my father. Let's get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and lie with him so we can preserve our family line through our father." 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went and lay with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up. 36 So both of Lot's daughters became pregnant by their father. 37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab [1] ; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi [2] ; he is the father of the Ammonites of today. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]Genesis 19:30-38[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][/FONT]

Is it not amazing that these scientific facts were touched on in the bible long before humans came to understand or discover them?

Is it only me that finds this sentence amusing and impossible? If a human wrote the Bible (and even if God inspired it, a human's hand penned it)... then at that moment a human DID discover whatever concept s/he wrote down. You can't have humans that have written documents and yet they have not yet discovered what is in their written document. That makes no sense.

And by the way... while it took European-Americans a while to figure out the whole earth is a ball thing, that doesn't mean no human on earth had thought of the concept. It's not like the populations that had the Bible were at the forefront of all scientific and philosophical thought. Many scientific, mathematical and technological innovations belong to societies outside of the Judeo-Christian ones.

Actually,in it, there is a treasure trove of imformation vital to life, just waiting for you and me to discover

With that, I have no argument. I just don't think the Bible is a treasure trove of scientific information.

With that, I have no argument. I just don't think the Bible is a treasure trove of scientific information.
Another thing i find interesting about the bible is the way that in the bible Jehovah gave the eighth day of life to circumcise a baby.

And on the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin will be circumcised.
leviticus 12;3

why did the Law specify that circumcision be done on the eighth day?

Jehovah did not explain, nor was it necessary that he do so. His ways are always right; his reasons, the best. (2Sa 22:31)

However, in recent years man has learned some of the physical reasons why the eighth day was a good time to circumcise.

Normal amounts of the blood-clotting element called vitamin K are not found in the blood until the fifth to the seventh day after birth. Another clotting factor known as prothrombin is present in amounts only about 30 percent of normal on the third day but on the eighth day is higher than at any other time in the child’s life—as much as 110 percent of normal.

So, following Jehovah’s instructions would help to avoid the danger of hemorrhage. As Dr. S. I. McMillen observes: "From a consideration of vitamin K and prothrombin determinations the perfect day to perform a circumcision is the eighth day . . . [the] day picked by the Creator of vitamin K."—None of These Diseases, 1986, p. 21.

yes the bible is always right :)

(in response to the title) There's a thoery, that the Bible itself is a whole entire parable...

(in response to the title) There's a thoery, that the Bible itself is a whole entire parable...

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

2 TIMOTHY 3;16-17

Back