Can Muslims Really Teleport?

Interesting topic there Dondi thanks :D

I think we know the main portion of this questions answer lol.. But as this is an interfaith forum, I'd also like to state that folding up of the earth.. (Tay al-ard) isn't only something that can be found here.... It can also be found in Buddhism (Maudgalyayana) Also Hinduism... Adhrusya sakthi. (moving pathway?) Aslo in Judaism as the shortening of the way.... AKA Kefitzat Haderech. You even have the lady in blue (sister Mary of Agreda) who brought Christanity to Mexico in like 1622 while praying claimed she was "transported" to new Mexico.... Back to Islam though.... Looking on the wiki there at Tay al-ard... It is like many scriptures, everyone can read them and see them in a different light, to me the qu'ran cutting there doesn't support that Muslims can teleport lol...

To me it is saying Allah is quick to act and his actions of haste are great and rewarding to those in faith...... :)

Peace be upon yee. :D

God is the All-Powerful, and I believe He can transport anyone anywhere if He so wills. If He wanted to transport Muhammad to Jerusalem, He could easily do so, I believe. I can think of an example outside of Islam, but don't know if it's appropriate to post it here in the Islam forum.

So you believe that it is the god of the religions that has this power and not the followers of the religions? :)

Yes, God is the All-Powerful, we are powerless. Without God we can do nothing.

dear dondi:

assalam alaicom

god who creats u from nothing can do any thing he wants any wheare and any time no one can stop him for eg when he wants to make an earth quake like what happend in China or huage storem like catriena in America all the modern technologey they have were unable to do thing towards what happend .

You guys reminded me of a quote... it has to do with the earth itself wanting to get rid of people.... but God protecting mankind from itself.... kind of implying to me that if it wasn't for God's protection of mankind, the earth would have already destroyed us.

"But for the divine Decree, and the inscrutable dispensations of Providence, the earth itself would have utterly destroyed all this people!" -the Book of Certitude

Hi Dondi, interesting question with 2 answers - do you want the easy answer or the complicated one?

Easy answer - Allah (swt) can do as He wills, if he wishes to move me from here to China in an instant then He will.

Complicated answer - this comes from Islamic mystical tradition.

Verse 27:40 refers to a man named Asad (a minister in Solomons court), who the Quran says had a very small part of the Ilm al-Kitab (knowledge of the book). He was an ordinary man, not a Prophet.

There has been debate as to whether Asad made the physical throne appear or an image of it or whether this is simply metaphor for the transfering of power from the Queen of Sheba to Solomon.

The Ilm al-Kitab is not knowledge as in studying the Quran, it includes the knowledge of the rules of the universe (time, space, creation, etc think quantum physics) and belongs to Allah (swt) but can be given by Allah (swt) to whom he chooses. The verse states that Asad has a very small knowledge of it.

You will find this mainly in Shia and Sufi Islam, with Shia believing that Imam Ali was the guardian of the knowledge of the book and could perform what we would think of as miracles.

However the Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) is not reported to have mentioned this and one would have thought he would have done if it was proof of people performing miracles.

However we do know that the Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) was transported by Allah (swt) from Mecca to Jerusalem for the Night Journey. However this is a miracle given by Allah (swt) and not something I can use to nip to the supermarket.

I believe the Jews call this mystical tradition Kefitzat Haderech but would need to check with BB about their beliefs (and my bad spelling).

I believe the Jews call this mystical tradition Kefitzat Haderech but would need to check with BB about their beliefs (and my bad spelling).

Yeah I kinda done the all round trip on every "major" religion in reference to teleporting.

And still it goes to show in my opinion it is simply the god of the religions doing these actions not the followers...

Of course it is Allah (swt) doing it, people cannot perform miracles, only through the will of Allah (swt).

But then without His will I can't exist either, that is my little miracle!!

Yeah I kinda done the all round trip on every "major" religion in reference to teleporting.

And still it goes to show in my opinion it is simply the god of the religions doing these actions not the followers...

You forgot Christianity. Philip was whisked away to another location from the Ethiopian eunuch after his baptism in Acts 8. Jesus apparently had this ability and demonstrated it twice: once when talking to the two disciples on the road to Emmaus then appeared to them in the upper room in Luke 24.

Muslimwoman said:
The Ilm al-Kitab is not knowledge as in studying the Quran, it includes the knowledge of the rules of the universe (time, space, creation, etc think quantum physics) and belongs to Allah (swt) but can be given by Allah (swt) to whom he chooses. The verse states that Asad has a very small knowledge of it.

Interesting. I have a similar theory involving quantum physics.

Well if you look up the Shia Islamic tradition you will find that they believe Allah (swt) has a name we do not know, it is made up of 73 units (not letters but sections of knowledge) and that various people in history have been given parts of the knowledge.

Now I am not Shia so I may not be understanding correctly.

Some traditions say this knowledge came to Islam through a Jewish Rabbi that converted to Islam. Others reject that as it would mean we would have to look to the Jewish traditions for our religious knowledge (you can imagine how well that would sit with some Muslims).

From what I have read some sects believe that humans can only learn 72 of the units (that is umans that Allah chooses) and the 73rd is known only to Allah (swt) and in it's complete form it is the perfect name of Allah (swt). Others believe that the Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) and then Imam Ali (in fact all twelve Imams) had all 73 (I would personally not believe this as this would give them equal knowledge to Allah (swt) and that sounds like blasphemy to me).

Why would god make this planet soley for humans, say it was good, and then have to waste time protecting the creatures from their very own home.... :\

The earth can be symbolic of mankind itself, and mankind can make bad decisions sometimes... so God is protecting us from ourselves..

Of course it is Allah (swt) doing it, people cannot perform miracles, only through the will of Allah (swt).

But then without His will I can't exist either, that is my little miracle!!

I agree. Were the grace of God to be withdrawn, all would perish.

By Addressing the Muslimwoman, i just wanna say that if Allah (swt) has created them with his own noor then why it sounds illegitimate to you..And the beloved ones of God has the ability to perform these miracles which they had rewarded by God due to their prestigious work and virtues.....

By Addressing the Muslimwoman, i just wanna say that if Allah (swt) has created them with his own noor then why it sounds illegitimate to you..And the beloved ones of God has the ability to perform these miracles which they had rewarded by God due to their prestigious work and virtues.....
Can we assume you are Shi'a by your response? Are her other statements accurate or flawed? And how?

Back