Wheres the money come from??

17th Angel

לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות
Reaction score
Have you seen the little piggies crawling in the d
Just having a discussion here at home about the "pay for what you use" in reference to Scientology.... And I used an example of the Jehovah Witnesses... I have tons of books, free books, hardbacks, paperbacks, magazines, you name it.... Now I was with them for over two years or so... And I had this thought and I cannot even answer it....

So I guess Mee, could you look into this question for me please.... Here it is. :)

"Where does the money come from? How can they fund such a large scale operation?" (and I don't just mean for the litreature... The kingdom halls... The HQ's, assembly halls... Bills lol... Pulication centres, employee wages, printing facilites.... How do you do it?)

Donations, alone.... I don't believe could build such a large organisation... And I normally can pretty much explain/answer any JW question but this evades me...

--edit--

Just a little joke here at home, Mee... What is your profession?

I think it's much less expensive to spread literature than it is to build buildings. You just need lots of people to spread it. I'm not a Jehovah's Witness, I'm a Baha'i, and right now we're building (or very soon building) a House of Worship in Chile that is like no other building ever... have you seen models of it? Pictures? I *think* Comunidad Bahá'í de Chile has pictures.

Yeah a dang lot for something like the East pennines assembly hall :p You should see aerial pictures of that. Apart from it looking like a cross lol it is a pretty amazing looking building... So you think it just lots of hands to the grind stone? Fair enough. :)

Just having a discussion here at home about the "pay for what you use" in reference to Scientology.... And I used an example of the Jehovah Witnesses... I have tons of books, free books, hardbacks, paperbacks, magazines, you name it.... Now I was with them for over two years or so... And I had this thought and I cannot even answer it....

So I guess Mee, could you look into this question for me please.... Here it is. :)

"Where does the money come from? How can they fund such a large scale operation?" (and I don't just mean for the litreature... The kingdom halls... The HQ's, assembly halls... Bills lol... Pulication centres, employee wages, printing facilites.... How do you do it?)

Donations, alone.... I don't believe could build such a large organisation... And I normally can pretty much explain/answer any JW question but this evades me...

--edit--

Great things are accomplished when the most high(Jehovah ) is behind a work in hand

--edit--

you are leaving something out of the picture, it is the most high JEHOVAH and as his name informs us ,
HE CAUSES TO BECOME .:)and it is verrrrry goooood psalm 83;18 he is the most high after all .

Mormons have tons of money ;)

I mean, the LDS Church has tons of money.

when it comes to desirable things there is a GREAT CROWD of them and here they are spoken of in REVELATION 7;9-10 .

Haggai 2:7

And I will rock all the nations, and the desirable things of all the nations must come in; and I will fill this house with glory,’ Jehovah of armies has said.

Yes, "the desirable things of all the nations" are turning to Jehovah’s pure worship today!

and they have no number , and they have a willing spirit to help Jesus and christs brothers. and it works wonders.

Jehovah has certainly proved that he is with his people.

Indeed, it is just as he stated through the prophet Haggai: "Greater will the glory of this later house become than that of the former . . . And in this place I shall give peace." (Haggai 2:9)

PEACE is good :) it brings unity

... did Jesus give out books? ...would he have done, had he been able to? ...did Jesus build big churches and temples for ppl to pray in...? would he have done, had he been able to?

the answer to all these questions is...

NO

instead, my feeling is.... Jesus would have used the money to feed and clothe the poor instead...

so, instead of building big temples and huge palatial cathedrals, it would be better to spend the money on useful things- such as food and medicine, and education for the world's poor...

this is part of the reason why I turned my back on the church... doctrinally, we are supposed to be poor servants of the Lord, ministering to the sick and needy, yet instead we build luxurious coffins for dead Gods...

you are leaving something out of the picture, it is the most high JEHOVAH and as his name informs us ,
HE CAUSES TO BECOME .:)and it is verrrrry goooood psalm 83;18 he is the most high after all .

:eek: The explination for JW empire is Jehovah funds it? lol...

I will keep you guessing and having a joke it is good to laugh:D i thought my ears were burning :)

Ok here is my thoughts... You are either a window cleaner or some other kind of small business run kind a job.... Close? Just pretty much most here are window cleaners, builders so on... But strangely mostly window cleaners... And they have some fancy expensive suits for window cleaners lol ;)

Francis king;151234we are supposed to be poor servants of the Lord said:
the bible seems to say that Jesus always fed people in a spiritual way before he fed them litrally, when he fed the 5,000 the people had come to listen to him first ,if they had not been listening to Jesus they would not have been fed ,they knew that Jesus had wisdom and was a great teacher.

Jesus always focused on the KINGDOM , and the truth of Gods word .

And talking about hugh places of worship what good would they be if they were teaching commands of men instead of sticking to Gods word they would be no use at all.

and we all no what happened in Jerusalem in 70C.E. because they had strayed from Gods word.

but those who had heeded Jesus warning and had fled out of there into the mountains were saved, when the roman armies unexpectedly withdrew their attack , i think it was in 66.,C.E,those who did not lisen in the right way could have thought we will go back now , but we know what happened in 70.c.e.

it was only those who heeded Jesus warning that got away safe .

and yes doing what Jesus asked is what it is all about matthew 28;19-20

GO therefore and make dicsiples:)

... did Jesus give out books? ...would he have done, had he been able to? quote]
he always pointed to Gods word and never spoke of his own thinking. and he personally singled ones out :)along with those he taught, he was a good teacher and still is . thats why JEHOVAHS people are well taught .Jesus is the head of the christian congregation:)

:eek: The explination for JW empire is Jehovah funds it? lol...
never under estimate the power of JEHOVAH :) he can move mountains, in more ways than one .

and he sure is rocking and shaking the nations and those desirable things are being gathered in.

Donations create a ton more than we believe.

Especially anything that encourages putting a donation into your will!

When someone bequeaths a portion or all of their wealth to some church or organization these are significant gifts.

And many organizations, especially those with a high concentration of elderly, focus on that..."Think of all the good your money could do after you pass on" "What are you going to do, give it to those ungrateful kids that won't join the fold?"

Donations create a ton more than we believe.

Especially anything that encourages putting a donation into your will!

When someone bequeaths a portion or all of their wealth to some church or organization these are significant gifts.

And many organizations, especially those with a high concentration of elderly, focus on that..."Think of all the good your money could do after you pass on" "What are you going to do, give it to those ungrateful kids that won't join the fold?"

So you too believe it all comes from donations? Wow... I cannot grasp that much money being donated. But, I dunno... Just the JW revenue must be huge.

and what is good about things is that worldwide preaching goes on.

matthew 24;14 thats what it is all about matthew 28;19-20 .

those who are faithful to Jesus and what he asked, recieve many blessings and great responsibility matthew 24;45-47 :)

Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first. mark 13;10

Nevertheless I ask, They did not fail to hear, did they? Why, in fact, "into all the earth their sound went out, and to the extremities of the inhabited earth their utterances

romans 10;18 its all happening especially in the time of the end .

And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people, revelation 14;6

and even the agels are involved :) the faithful ones that is,

no rebellious angels of cause ,we know what the rebellious angels are up to they are in opposition to Gods purpose.

the rebellious angels or demons are working not for Jesus ,but for the wicked one
satan the devil 1 john 5;19 they lost their focus ages ago .

when the holy spirit is behind a work great things are acomplished:)

--edit--

Alex...where do you think the Catholic church got it's cathedrals from? How can it post literature all around the world, in so many languages?

People will come, Ray..."it's only $20.00 per person you'll say, and they will pass it over without a second thought, for it is money they have, but purpose they lack..." (field of dreams).

when the holy spirit is behind a work great things are acomplished:)
Interesting point Mee...considering the Holy Spirit is nothing but a "force" as far as you are concerned. That is how you explain the Holy Spirit in the past posts you've made...

Back