Jobs.

hey, no big deal... I know when we (me and my pals) try for jobs in he voluntary sector, often they stage interviews just for the sake of it, and have already decided on a candidate before you even arrive, and they have to go through the motions for the sake of equality legislation...

I agree with greymare- ur talented, technically, creatively, and no doubt also in other ways too... so u'll be alright... keep plugging away, u'll get what u want in the end...

hey, no big deal... I know when we (me and my pals) try for jobs in he voluntary sector, often they stage interviews just for the sake of it, and have already decided on a candidate before you even arrive, and they have to go through the motions for the sake of equality legislation...

I agree with greymare- ur talented, technically, creatively, and no doubt also in other ways too... so u'll be alright... keep plugging away, u'll get what u want in the end...

Which defeats the purpose of equality lol... But yeah I know what you mean... Thanks for the post. :)

Besides, we still got the bank job to fall back on... :D

Hehe... It's a certainty(sp) We gonna be rich!

I submitted an application and resume for a supervisory slot in my department last monday...we'll see where it leads. I spent a lot of time this past year in various training and voluntary support roles to augment my experience. Seems my degree (Summa *** Laude no less) isn't enough by itself.

I am off for an interview at 2pm today. (currently 12:16) :) Working as a night shift engineer for the company my sister works for... Big pay, only four nights a week, pension, health care... So hope I get this.........

Good luck, I'll say a prayer for you.

Well.. I haven't been told yes, but I think it is yes... The interviewer winked at me when he was speaking of "the successful applicant" and also smiled at the end when he said he has to now run the details passed the MD and he chuckled and said which is a good friend of your sister!

Once again it goes to show it doesn't matter what you know, it's who you know....

Just on the edge of my seat now, revving at the start line! Just want to hand my notice in!!! lol... I in a way feel sorry as there are only three of us in my office and Peter is going to retire at the start of the year, and I maybe leaving very soon, so not sure what will become of the place...

Thank you all for asking :)

Back