Astral Projection - Anyone experienced?

heavensblade23

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm skeptical of the concept of Astral Projection, but none the less I think it would be interesting to try to induce an out-of-body experience.

A few months ago I used to achieve the 'mind-awake/body-asleep' state spontaneously, but at the time I didn't know it had anything to do with out of body experiences.

Hi,
I have never had OBE, but have read about it. Some people believe it to be a real experience.

I feel that the closest to the description of an OBE I have ever experienced was lucid dreaming. I love lucid dreams, although these do not happen a lot. I guess one has to train a lot to be albe to induce a lucid dream when s/he wants.

in my experience, these events seem to occur when the physical body is weken ( in my expereience) whether any medical fact can support this or not is unknown to me. However, i have experience obe's and at first i was frightened, now, however i welcome them, when they arrive. I cannot induce them however.

I've been able to easily achieve astral projection through deep relaxation. It also happens in my dreams. I enjoy it!

Hi RML

Would you say this is the same or similar to near death experiences in hospitals when a person finds themselves on the ceiling looking down at their bodies?

My first lucid OBE happened involuntarily around the age of 18. Ever since then it's been happening on and off. If I wanted to, I could do it consciously.

Astral projection is the "projection" of some of your subtle energy fields. Science claims all happens within the mind. Well no **** sherlock all reality and perception happens within the MIND! It does not disprove astral projection- it just means we don't know what the hell it is yet.

It is the ability, for a part of your consciousness to split from your physical field (always linked) into other physical places. Astral projection can only occur when one is in the Alpha state or in between. The easiest way to AP is during this state, AND when you become Lucid in dreams!

I too have had AP's when I'm "weak" it's odd.......This is also the easiest for other beings to tamper with your subtle energies (we won't go into this).

Remote Viewing is a psychic ability in which you are able to extend a portion of your "third eye" (minds eye) perception into a different time and space. All time is actually simultaenous and seems to occur in linear mode because of the level of physicality we three dimensionally encompass. Space is of similar illusion, as 99.9% of all is filled with so called "empty" space.

When one uses "higher" faculties of the mind and spirit, less of the "physical rulesets" apply because you are using aspects of yourself residing in upper dimensions..and less "dense" or higher vibrating reality fields- that you are unknowngly connected to. These are places, where the illusion of "space and time" is less existant.

Astral projection and Remote viewing is different. Astral projection, you are able to explore both physical and slightly higher vibrating aspects of Plantery Consciousness (I view the astral, as the "shared dream world" of the entire planet) and is highly influenced by your emotional self. You are literally, in what appears to be your own body (only a holographic "thoughtform" of yourself) and can traverse freely, "fly," go through walls, etc. In this mode, there is sitll some physicality, its just much less "prevalent."

Astral Projection can be dangerous nowadays for those of you like me, who have encountered less than "friendlies" out there.

Yes you can see your own body, yes you can see people around you, houseses, family etc.

They appear more colorful and things vibrate. They are more fluid- this is more of how reality is really like.

My first lucid OBE happened involuntarily around the age of 18. Ever since then it's been happening on and off. If I wanted to, I could do it consciously.

Astral projection is the "projection" of some of your subtle energy fields. Science claims all happens within the mind. Well no **** sherlock all reality and perception happens within the MIND! It does not disprove astral projection- it just means we don't know what the hell it is yet.

It is the ability, for a part of your consciousness to split from your physical field (always linked) into other physical places. Astral projection can only occur when one is in the Alpha state or in between. The easiest way to AP is during this state, AND when you become Lucid in dreams!

I too have had AP's when I'm "weak" it's odd.......This is also the easiest for other beings to tamper with your subtle energies (we won't go into this).

Remote Viewing is a psychic ability in which you are able to extend a portion of your "third eye" (minds eye) perception into a different time and space. All time is actually simultaenous and seems to occur in linear mode because of the level of physicality we three dimensionally encompass. Space is of similar illusion, as 99.9% of all is filled with so called "empty" space.

When one uses "higher" faculties of the mind and spirit, less of the "physical rulesets" apply because you are using aspects of yourself residing in upper dimensions..and less "dense" or higher vibrating reality fields- that you are unknowngly connected to. These are places, where the illusion of "space and time" is less existant.

Astral projection and Remote viewing is different. Astral projection, you are able to explore both physical and slightly higher vibrating aspects of Plantery Consciousness (I view the astral, as the "shared dream world" of the entire planet) and is highly influenced by your emotional self. You are literally, in what appears to be your own body (only a holographic "thoughtform" of yourself) and can traverse freely, "fly," go through walls, etc. In this mode, there is sitll some physicality, its just much less "prevalent."

Astral Projection can be dangerous nowadays for those of you like me, who have encountered less than "friendlies" out there.

Yes you can see your own body, yes you can see people around you, houseses, family etc.

They appear more colorful and things vibrate. They are more fluid- this is more of how reality is really like.
welcome to IF. OOB experiences as a phenomenon certainly tend to challenge the notion so seemingly prevalent that consciousness is only subsumed by, synonymous with and/or constrained by the brain. Never had an OOB nor am I particularly interested in doing so, though suspect will eventually have one as we all do when I "head from here to there" at the end of life.:p earl

Yup. That is the 3 dimensional "symptoms" or happening. All you would be able to detect is increased activity in the brain, and perhaps some strange electric magnetic emanations, among other little things if the entire thing was to be seriously studied.

In order for us to understand astral projection, remote viewing, UFO's, among a number of other things that defy 3d concepts. Multi-dimensional physics will have to become a reality. We are only on the corner stone of this, if even that....so this kind of stuff is going to have to wait a while to be proven.

The government has already been doing research into these things, since the early 30's even. Do we know the results, or anything that will allow us to apply it to good use? Nope, that's how it keeps the power out of our hands, and our fallacious notion that all of reality is only what you see/smell/hear and as such there is seemingly no purpose (whether you choose to wait for a savior, or believe we are just meant to consume/destroy everything) except for eventual self-destruction :)

Of course, many of us don't have this viewpoint. And all I try to do is help people thinking outside the box.

Take care :p

Out of body experiences may not be the magical thing they are supposed to be. For example if you asked abot the colour of the walls in another room do you mentally go and look at them before answering? I think you do and with a bit of practice these colours can become stronger in image and you find you can move around. Sometimes the simpler things produce the most amazing results.

True. This is the basic to developing any sort of higher ability. Focusing on basics. But first the "disbelief" of programming embedded into us that it's "not possible" must first be eroded.

I have not had a fully conscious o.b.e. my self . It is a belief that we all go out of body ever night during certian parts of sleep and remember it as a dream . I have had dreams that were probly form being out of body . Ever had a naked in public dream ? I willed that I would have cloth on , I dont get thoes dreams any more . Some sites( there are many more ) where a.p. is discussed The Astral Pulse - Index Official Astral Dynamics - Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics Out-of-Body Experience (OBE or OOBE) desert rat

You will all proberly think this is crazy or some will even feel it's not true but either way I have an interesting story I would like to share with you all.

I can and do astrial projecting,among other things but I have better luck when it comes to a good friend I know in the states, this friend I met on another forum we have grown really close, we have never met nor have I seen her place she has not dscribed it to me.

Here is how the whole thing started one day while talking to a friend on the forum we were discussing various things so we talking via PM no one else could see what we were talking about, we were discussing a cloak i was thinking of getting I never mentioned anything about it on open areas, I told him what I wanted a navy blue dear suade outer, with a satian royal blue inner, I was also thinking of a celtic clasp there were lots of different things to chose from I even said I wanted it 5'7'' so it would be off the ground. Now here's where it gets interesting one of the girls who we both knew was talking to us a few nights later via chat during our talking she said that she had a strange dreamwhich we were both in sh has seen photos of us both ,we asked her to describe her dream she said we were both in a basement talking to some lady about making a cloak you told her you wanted it made of suade and the colours would be for the outside navy blue and royal blue for the inside but you couldn't make your mind up about the clasp, which was true i didn't get the celtic one intstead i got the griffin one. We have both been able to share dreams we even kept note books and when we had a dream we would share them they mainly concisted of a midevel scean where we were father and daughter she seen her dreams through her eyes and I would see it through mine things were always very simalar between the two I have even seen her room through her eyes and described it perfectly.
I know this all seams strange and far fetched I wouldn't proberly believe it if it didn't happen to me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this
BB

As a child I have left the body and returned with full awareness of the experience.

Nightly my recollections and lucidity are less than perfect. Mileage will vary.

Many are able to leave the physical body with some degree of lucidity and control. Few are able to sustain this or return with an accurate and non-glamoured record of their sojourns.

I cannot claim to have this facility, but I shudder to consider the consequences. Fools rush in ...

My advice is to avoid attempting astral projection.
Instead, aspire to be of service each night while you are out of your body.
You may be surprised at the results upon awakening.

Keep a dream diary, but give no great effort to recalling your journeys, as this can damage the etheric/astral web which nature has carefully provided as a protective mechanism. I would say it is wise to trust your Higher Power until that time when we are able to recall our experiences without having to force it.

My own recollections often involve some display on the astral plane to wow and impress my fellow travelers with my amazing ability to float above the ground.

As any of us ought to know, this is no special ability, but rather a clear enough message coming from the sub-conscious ... or, as I like to frame it, a hint from the Soul.

My oh my, what ever could I be trying to tell myself?

I am a regular practitioner of the deeper states of meditation.
My Astral projecting happened spontaneously at first - and they were scary and troublesome.
I learned how to block the ability, because it didn't fit into anything i was hearing from anyone around me, and I thought I had an embarrassing problem... things happened to me that no one could relate to.
It has been decades since that time and I have, since that time, had much opportunity to explore meditation.
I have found that these abilities are simply abilities that are built right into the human.
Through maintaining constant awareness of what is happening in my mind - I realized that at the moment of sleep comes a disconnection from the body. The soul leaves the body most nights, and exists on other vibrational levels while the body is replenished.
When an individual does the necessary work to begin to experience the True nature of the soul, they discover that the Soul does not sleep.
This gives one the opportunity to take advantage of such a fact... we sleep half our lives away - there is no need to waste half of our time, when we could be actively learning something which will advance us even further.
Now, that does not mean spending all of one's time engaging in random creating in the Astral, or getting all lost in the emotional and mental levels and staring at ones own wandering mind...
These are tricks which we fall for because we still have a tie to a physical body of low vibration, another connection to the EGO.
One is to do the same thing that got them to THAT point - self reflection - a Higher Vantage is a gift to find perspective with - it is not a free trip to disneyland...... and when one begins reflecting on who they REALLY are from an elevated vantage - answers are available.... but it will be one's own vibrational level which will decide how much of those experiences will remain when the soul reenters the body - because the veil only lifts for a Self Aware soul - it falls over memories we have not earned...
Do i recommend tripping the life fantastic in the Astral?
well, let me pose a question to you - do you have the EGO to truly believe we are the only intelligent life our father has created? Do you have the EGO to think that all of those possible entities are beneficent? Would you know what to do if you bumped into something you could not relate to, that was immensely hungry - for who knows what?

I would recommend coming at this the same way as everything else - from within, and when you find it necessary to move about the Astral, you will have been well prepared...

and on an advanced note - there is no reason to go ANYWHERE... all of the environs that our Father has provided us are our birthright. You find yourself right where you are because Our Father has placed you within a perfect system - your own vibrational level decides where you will find yourself in creation.... you are ALWAYS right where you deserve to be, don't like it - work harder, no one can do it for you....

I have not had a fully conscious o.b.e. my self . It is a belief that we all go out of body ever night during certian parts of sleep and remember it as a dream . I have had dreams that were probly form being out of body . Ever had a naked in public dream ? I willed that I would have cloth on , I dont get thoes dreams any more . Some sites( there are many more ) where a.p. is discussed The Astral Pulse - Index Official Astral Dynamics - Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics Out-of-Body Experience (OBE or OOBE) desert rat

I've thought about this a lot because I've had many times where I woke up feeling like my soul slammed back into my body. I believe I was astral projecting (although I've never said it publicly until now for fear of sounding crazy and I don't remember seeing anything).:)

As always Peace, Love, and Light.

Hello! I have worked since I was a child at Astral projection and now am able to Astral project at will, but only to places I have been before. my best friend is a wonderful person who is a total master at Astral projection and can travel anywhere on the Astral planplane.

I'm plenty open to questions and am willing to give advice!

Back