absolute truth

Welcome to CR, achilles.

What is it you mean by "truth?" Objective?, Subjective?, Reality?, Dogma?

My humble opinion...but I think this thread might be better suited to the philosophy board.

Thanks For The Welcome Jauntoo3 .sorry, You Know I Am New So Please Forgive Me For Chooseing The Wrong Board .funny How This Is Kinda Like Speaking In Front Of A Large Crowd .now ..what I Mean By Truth? Well, Take For Instance The Conservative And The Liberal .who Is Right And Who Is Wrong? It Is My Opinion That The Truth Lies Somewhere In The Middle.in Your Series Of Truthes I Believe That Would Lye In The Realm Of Reality .

With your permission then, I would like to move this thread to the philosophy board. I see you've already found it, so you know where it is at.

who Is Right And Who Is Wrong? It Is My Opinion That The Truth Lies Somewhere In The Middle.in Your Series Of Truthes I Believe That Would Lye In The Realm Of Reality .
Yes, it is your opinion (and your "truth") that lies somewhere in the middle. But if you are speaking of ideological truths (liberal, conservative) then there are many truths up and down the line. Everyone along the line is passionate about their truth. And everyone of them is correct, just ask. :D

Ideological truths share a great deal with dogmatic truths, both are highly subjective and are seldom *completely* backed by evidence and logic. What evidence and logic there is, tends to be hand-picked to serve the agenda while ignoring any contradictory evidence or logic. This obviously serves as a "truth" from which to filter a view of the world, but no single one could be said to be *THE TRUTH* (reality as reality is).

Mostly because we don't like to look at reality as reality is. Reality is too ugly to look at. It's so much easier after we disinfect and sanitize the unappealing things, gloss over and whitewash those things that contradict, and embellish and emphasize those things that support our preferred POV.

And that's on a normal day. ;)

Thanks For The Welcome Jauntoo3 .sorry, You Know I Am New So Please Forgive Me For Chooseing The Wrong Board .funny How This Is Kinda Like Speaking In Front Of A Large Crowd .now ..what I Mean By Truth? Well, Take For Instance The Conservative And The Liberal .who Is Right And Who Is Wrong? It Is My Opinion That The Truth Lies Somewhere In The Middle.in Your Series Of Truthes I Believe That Would Lye In The Realm Of Reality .

Loving that caps lock lol.... Welcome to CR... Yes of course there are variations in truth.... Hockey is a sport of real men..... That's the truth.... There is no middle ground... That is how it be.....

*Background distant voice! It is for toothless, violent idiots!!!! An' that's the bottom line.*

Everyone has their own set of truths... Truth is a fancy word for opinion... In my opinion. And that's a fact. ;)

You have religion which is like a pantomime... (sp) This is the true god...

Crowd: OOOOOH no it isn't!!!
Preist: oooooh yes it is!!!

Ideas of that religion... There is a trinity.....

Crowd: oooooooooh no there isn't!!!
Priest: oooh yes there is!

Was watching recenltly Monster quest and a few other things.... Where I belive the eye tricks the mind, and these people THINK they see some exotic monster of the wilds... (Heavyfoot, Grassman, Dog Man, Giant Hogs, Lochness, Beasts of the moors, Chupacabra... ghosts... Vampire beast cat....) But they see something else but because of what they THINK they have witnessed they take it on as truth.... They believe, not in all cases simply because they want to believe.. But because they really think they have seen something else... I was also watching a UFO Documentary from the National Geographical.... And the abductees.... That is nothing but bull to me lol.... But these people genuinely think they are some kind of special amazing human that some "superior" creature from light years away would be so interested in lol... That is truth to them... So everything and anything is the truth...

are there variations in truth?

This thread doesn't seem to going despite your excellent question, so I will interject that there is relative truth and Absolute Truth.

Relative truth is what one 'sees' using a consciousness that is fixed in duality. Those truths are all subject to change.

Absolute Truth is God Consciousness. It is Oneness without an other therefore it cannot be known only experienced. Any attempt to describe Absolute Truth involves sliding back into dualism for description entails a knower and a known. In this case, what is 'known' as Absolute Truth is not Absolute Truth but a recollection of some of the characteristics of that Truth. Such description is, at best, partial and, at worst, misleading.

Observation, language, logic and reason all depend on a perception of individuation. Absolute Truth is not individuated any more than God is.

This thread doesn't seem to going despite your excellent question, so I will interject that there is relative truth and Absolute Truth.

Relative truth is what one 'sees' using a consciousness that is fixed in duality. Those truths are all subject to change.

Absolute Truth is God Consciousness. It is Oneness without an other therefore it cannot be known only experienced. Any attempt to describe Absolute Truth involves sliding back into dualism for description entails a knower and a known. In this case, what is 'known' as Absolute Truth is not Absolute Truth but a recollection of some of the characteristics of that Truth. Such description is, at best, partial and, at worst, misleading.

Observation, language, logic and reason all depend on a perception of individuation. Absolute Truth is not individuated any more than God is.

Greetings Omprem.......... Yes.

Blessings - c -

My grandfather was completely color blind. He could never perceive color. Did that mean that color did not exist in an absolute sense or only that he was unable to perceive it? Saying that it did not exist "for him" is weaseling if one is attempting to answer a question about "absolute truth".

Does absolute truth exist? Unknown. The inability of finite beings to conclusively prove it only proves that the beings in question are finite, it does not prove that truth is and must be relative.

No human can just flap his arms and fly, as far as I know. Does that mean non-assisted muscle-powered flight cannot be done by any organism at all?

The absolute truth is that...wait...uh, sorry...the Elders of the Universe won't let me say. Just remember: war is peace, less is more, and knowledge is stupid.

Chris out...

I think I am right in attributing correctly my paraphrasing of Lao Tsu in saying " There are no untruths. Only Greater truths and lesser truths.".

tao

Sounds like Absolute Truth and relative truth to me.

The question seems to be "Is truth absolute or subjective?" And I think it can be both. When it comes to personal things- such as how we perceive the world, it would be subjective. But there are some truths out there that are absolute-- Murder in cold blood is always wrong would be absolute(in cold blood meaning there was no reason to kill the person). The statement 'Killing is wrong' would be subjective- because of self defense, protecting one's children, and so on.
It always comes down to how we look at things.

Back