News banning and reputation systems

man, this is hilarious.... hahahaaa...

you know what will happen?

all the lil gangs will good rep each other and bad rep the ppl they don't like...

and what then? do we determine the merits of a posters word's according to their reputations?

can we deliberately bad rep the ppl we don't like, ideologically, morally? and what will happen then? will the ppl who, say, are Liberals in the Conservative forum be able to bad rep the Conservatives and see them banned?

maybe it's just me who sees it as potentially a form of social control... ?

I am personally making it my current mission to do... just that- big up the ppl I like, and give the thumbs down to those I don't...

ye haa... I have already used today's allocation, though... must return later, at 12.01...

I am personally making it my current mission to do... just that- big up the ppl I like, and give the thumbs down to those I don't...

ye haa... I have already used today's allocation, though... must return later, at 12.01...
I suppose that is the reason there is an "allocation" per time period.

Kind of defeats the purpose (stuffing the ballet boxes). :eek:

I was one of the people that francis didnt like... lol So I reciprocated in turn taking advantage of the little message

Thanks for adding Reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn.

Afterwards, I wish I hadnt because of course my feelings got hurt and I shouldnt have let it because it was a childish response and I know better. So my apologies to Francis.

With bad attitudes and pettiness l I can see how the rep option will backfire.

I was one of the people that francis didnt like... lol So I reciprocated in turn taking advantage of the little message

Afterwards, I wish I hadnt because of course my feelings got hurt and I shouldnt have let it because it was a childish response and I know better. So my apologies to Francis.

With bad attitudes and pettiness l I can see how the rep option will backfire.
I just don't use it. Speaking from the heart works fine enough...:)

How funny... this is how unobservant I can be. I just discovered that I have reputation and messages in my profile. LOL I guess now I can reciprocate and share the love. LOL Well, not literally right now as it is almost 3 am and well past my bedtime. (Was working on a grant and I'm all brain-hyper now though my body wants to sleep.) But I'll work on sharing the love ASAP. :p

I just read the rest of this thread and realized people were/are using it to give bad reps to people they don't like. I find that sad. Personally, I like that there are people here that get me all annoyed sometimes. It's an opportunity for personal growth.

How funny... this is how unobservant I can be. I just discovered that I have reputation and messages in my profile. LOL I guess now I can reciprocate and share the love. LOL Well, not literally right now as it is almost 3 am and well past my bedtime. (Was working on a grant and I'm all brain-hyper now though my body wants to sleep.) But I'll work on sharing the love ASAP. :p
Sheesh Path, you're still a "Christmas kid" at heart...:D

i would like it noted... I onyl bad repped for one day... just that day...which has now gone... yes, it is childish, but that was my whole point in the first place...

You dont like playing Caesar? Then thou shalt pay!! :p
Francis gets a thumbs down :eek:;)

Back