Good day! :D

17th Angel

לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות
Reaction score
Have you seen the little piggies crawling in the d
Had a good day today we went up to a catholic monk community called Buckfast abbey which was fun they have a special lavender garden of many breeds! :D Smelled awesome, they also have another few good scent gardens! And they are famous for their bees!!!! :D Haven't been here since I was like ten or so... I ate too much candies then and was sick on the way back to school :/ Anyway today at the abbey was fun we got some fudge! I had a bit of a bad tummy on the way home.

abe1.jpg

abe2.jpg

abe3.jpg

Then we also went to a very small steam train station where they still from there to totnes and back, a really cool museum but won't bore you with the pictures I took there they are more for my mothers entertainment! Haven't been here since I was like six...... My grandfather got me stuck in a small train ride where you put the coin in and it makes noise and moves... They had to grease me out lol.... (Fond good memories in buckfast)

tootoot.jpg

Then got to see some amazing creations from the grand designer himself... (lots of photos follow)

b01.jpg

Just coming to be a wonderous butterfly... :D It's journey begins!

b02.jpg

Was the size of my fist lol...

b03.jpg

b04.jpg

This was a giant of a butterfly.

b11.jpg

b10.jpg

b09.jpg

b08.jpg

Sun bathing! :D

b07.jpg

b06.jpg

Another newley winged angel :D

b05.jpg

b12.jpg

b13.jpg

b14.jpg

leaf.jpg

Yes this looks like two leaves on top of the orange... However they are buterflies!!!!! I sadly got a poorish photo of these but trust me, they be butterflies!

These next photos do not do this creature justice it was an amazingly bright green... I spent ages trying to catch it on camera, however it wasn't amused.. I finally got some distant shots of it with zoom.

whodeane2.jpg

whodeane3.jpg
whodeane1.jpg

tort1.jpg

Oh look kiddies!!! Tiz a tortoise!! :D

We then had these three friendly, playful showoffs to enjoy....

ot01.jpg

ot02.jpg

ot3.jpg

Anway!! That was our day! Twas fun... Don't wish to bore you with too many photos!! But wished to share some as I am sure many will find enjoyment from them. :)

We were at Buckfast Abbey not too long ago. How I love the West Country! Did you buy any honey in the monastery shop? Yummy on toast!
Great pic's, pleasant way to spend a day!

We were at Buckfast Abbey not too long ago. How I love the West Country! Did you buy any honey in the monastery shop? Yummy on toast!
Great pic's, pleasant way to spend a day!

Honey is awesome huh? Not a fan of it on toast... lol Vicky loves it on toast I just like to eat it from the jar!!! The onyl thing I found kind of a bummer, I couldn't go into the bee keep, as a child we could, but now it is private and only the monks can enter... Also couldn't take photos within the abbey :( But I guess that helps draw business to their gift shops... Speaking of gift shops got some real nice nutmeg and blackberry scented candles... Un real the quality of smell.. Oh they also had a key ring bible in there lol.... It was like 1.5cm by 1cm something like tha tiny! And I was like "NO WAI!!!!" and I unlocked the cover and opened it and the keyring bible was like "YA WAI!!!!" Every book was in there lol... Need a magnifing glass to read it.... Or have to be like a burrower or something.. Still.. amazing lol.

Lovely pictures.

Hehe thanks! :D Glad you liked them! *thumbs up*

Great pix Alex. I love butterflies, and the girls and I love to visit the butterfly house when we can. Thanks for the pointer to your thread. :)

Back