Aliases Anonymous

Lab Assistant

Experimental Adjunct
Reaction score
Hi! I'm an alias of a member. (I thought I'd admit that from the beginning.)
My purpose is to host an area where the member can test out stuff.

Are there any more aliases who would like to take this opportunity to confess? (And up their post count in the process?) :cool:

Ok ok ok..... Im really mee!

oooops spelling mishhhhhtake....Me!

Let's try and avoid using multiple aliases, please. :)

I can overlook someone re-registering just to test one or more features, but I don't want to see the same individual posting in discussions under different usernames.

Just to make that crystal clear. :)

Let's try and avoid using multiple aliases, please. :)

I can overlook someone re-registering just to test one or more features, but I don't want to see the same individual posting in discussions under different usernames.

Just to make that crystal clear. :)
Understood.

There is another term for this:

Sockpuppet.

I don't approve, myself. Too much potential for abuse.

(however, I have a feeling I know who it is already)

i would be very wary of members who behave in this way, personally... I mean... really...? more than one ID? there's a million possible permutations here as to outcomes, but deception of some description is the root of many of them...

I can think of four folks that morphed over the years...

I can name two of them right off, that still post with us. Three if we count Brian's three accounts...but then it *is* his site.

That's not counting some of the persistent self-appointed prophets who re-register after being shown the door...

Like I said, this account is for testing site features. I won't use it to post on the forum, except maybe to answer a question someone might ask about how to use the board. No sock-puppeting. :)

Lab Assistant has been very helpful to me anyway, teaching me how to customize my user profile page.

Thanks Seattlegal!

Lab Assistant has been very helpful to me anyway, teaching me how to customize my user profile page.

Thanks Seattlegal!
You're welcome, Lunamoth! :)

If anyone else wants help personalizing their profile page, just go to Lab Assistant's Profile page or to the Cyberspace Interior Design Group and post a visitor message, or you can PM me. :)

If anyone wants to use any of the pictures in Lab Assistant's albums for their profiles, feel free to copy them and use them. That's what they are there for.

Thanks Seattlegal!
You're welcome, lunamoth!

If anyone else wants help customizing their profile, leave a visitor message on Lab Assistant's profile page or at the Cyberspace Interior Design Social Group.

If anyone wants to use any of the images in Lab Assistant's albums for their profile, feel free to copy them. That's what they are there for. :)

Dang! I want to make a profile personalization in honor of global warming! I've got four+ inches of global warming right outside my front door, covering a thick layer of ice. Brrr.

Dang! I want to make a profile personalization in honor of global warming! I've got four+ inches of global warming right outside my front door, covering a thick layer of ice. Brrr.

Nice to meet you, Lab Assistant.

Um... yeah. We gotz some snows over on the east side of the state as well. My guesstimate is like... a whole frickin' lot of it. In layperson's terms, I'd say we're looking at at least a foot. My car door keeps freezing shut, too. Found out a hot water trick for that, though, thanks to a polite and helpful stranger yesterdayz.

I may have dabbled in sock puppetting at one time in this forum... or my creation may have had a mind of its own. I understand how and why it would be frowned upon. The temptation to abuse is quite enticing. ;)
Although I have no doubt that Lab Assistant will uphold the most stringent professional ethics. Does she brew potions, by chance?

The peppermint and catnip are buried under the global warming, and it's still to early to start the chamomile seeds. Peppermint/chamomile/catnip blossom tea is about the strongest potion I'll brew. (It's quite tasty, though.) Maybe I'll work on an herbal-themed profile personalization. (Anything to avoid shoveling the snow.) :rolleyes:

Be grateful you're not living where I am (12" of snow.) The :kitty:s and ferrets refuse to leave the apartment for anything, including a fire.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back