What do you believe about End Times?

Quahom, I'm not saying chuck Revelation because I do believe God puts these books in our path for a reason, but I am saying we shouldn't look at such texts as some sort of divination tool to see our future in terms of Revelation's symbolisms. It's a dangerous occupation to derive historic meaning from such products of someone's intense religious imagination. We tend to forget that these ancients did not have movies and tv to entertain themselves at night so they had their religious stories. Maybe John the Revelator was the Stephen King of his day and filled the seeming need in people to scare the bejesus out of us once in a while..;)
Darren, don't forget you're talking to someone who could care less about end times. What is important to me is today (24 hours), and what I've done with it.

I can tell you this however, if Israel gets into trouble, I'll be one of the first to volunteer to assist them, by what ever means needed. The reason is because I believe the bible when it states that God blesses the nation (s) that bless Israel. In fact I don't just believe it, I "know" it, deep inside, and I can't explain why I know. I just do.

v/r

Q

Darren, don't forget you're talking to someone who could care less about end times. What is important to me is today (24 hours), and what I've done with it.

I can tell you this however, if Israel gets into trouble, I'll be one of the first to volunteer to assist them, by what ever means needed. The reason is because I believe the bible when it states that God blesses the nation (s) that bless Israel. In fact I don't just believe it, I "know" it, deep inside, and I can't explain why I know. I just do.

v/r

Q

It is the Abrahamic fundamentalists who are wrecking this world with their blindness of real history, using as historical "facts" religious myths, just as those who blindly accept the Jewish myths of origin as gospel truth worth killing innocents for and stealing land belonging to another people.

Abraham is a myth. I can and will show you how Abraham and Sarah are the devolved memories of Brahma and his consort Sarasvati, memories lost in translation as a sub-set of Vedic Brahmins were forced out of the Sarasvati river valley that dried up right about the time "Abraham" was supposedly coming from the east, farther east than Iraq, as the place name for Tehran, "Terah", Abram's father, shows--it's another place name become a Hebrew ancestor--e.g. sons of Ham, as "Cush" and "Canaan".

The match-ups between the Vedic religious figures and the story in Genesis about Abraham can no longer be ignored because so many people are accepting these mythological beings as real people, and look at the un-Godly damage that has been done in the name of gods mistaken as human beings.

Brahma is the Creator god in the Hindu Vedic trinity where Brahma creates, Vishnu sustains, and Shiva destroys. Brahma's wife is Sarasvati, named after the Sarasvati River which produced the first Vedic civilization. That civilization was forced out of the Sarasvati valley by drought somewhere around 3000 to 2000 BC. There are thousands of temples in India dedicated to Vishnu and Shiva but only two dedicated to Brahma. Where did the Brahmin temple worshipers go? I think they went west from northern India.

I can show you a later religious war between Iranian Brahmins and Indian Brahmins in which the Iranian sun-god, Surya, is condemned by Indian Brahmins as the Devas are condemned by the Iranian Brahmins. We Christians are still engaged in this ancient Brahmin warfare. Surya of the ancient Iranian Brahmins did get around as the countries, Syria, Assyria, the Hebrew tribal founder Asher, the god Osiris (Surya, Syria, Assyria, Asur-Osir, Osiris, founder of the Egyptian pharaoh lines.

Brahmins considered themselves the "priests of God", the highest caste of human beings. Besides the sun, Saturn was a Brahma planetary ruler and that's where Sabbath worship stems from.

Onward with the "coincidences" between Brahma and Abraham..

Abram=Brahma Hebrew=Sanskrit spelling
Brahma wife is Sarasvati, sometimes spelled Saraisvati, Abraham's wife is Sarai before she too has her named changed like Abram has his changed to Abraham (could "Abraham" = "Brahma of the South" like "Ham" means "south", black, and dark?). Name changes signal gods changing identities.

Back in India where deities are named after rivers, we have Sarasvati's handmaiden named after the major tributary to the Sarasvati river, the Ghaggar-Hakra river. In the Hebrew makeover, Ghaggar-Hakra become Hagar. In the Vedic version, Sarasvati is not only Brahma's consort or wife but also his sister, these things being common in pagan religious mythologies. In the Genesis story, there's this troublesome episode where Abraham more or less pimps his wife to get in good with Pharaoh but when caught claims Sarah's his sister--which she was--back in India.

Along come "Melchezedek". Well, it turns out the Hebrew word for "king" is exactly the same one as the Sanskrit, "melech". In the Vedic tales there is a prince with magical powers named Meliksadaksina..

There's a whole lot more to these connections which I wanted to get to in a new topic about the End of Abraham.

The point here is that we really do need to make a serious effort to stop believing in tribal myths or origin just because they are Jewish ones.

A pagan God, El Elyon, gives a Hindu god, Brahma, disguised as a Hebrew progenitor--just like pagan myths of national or tribal origins do when gods descend to earth to become founders of the nation, gives a deed to the land of Canaan to all of this disguised Hindu god's progeny. I am sorry but for me, God, the real deal, has torn up that phony deed that has been and still is being used to kill innocent people.

It is the Abrahamic fundamentalists who are wrecking this world with their blindness of real history, using as historical "facts" religious myths, just as those who blindly accept the Jewish myths of origin as gospel truth worth killing innocents for and stealing land belonging to another people.
Ironic. That is pretty much what the president of Iran said before the UN today (with of course the exception of the Muslim faith)...

Ironic. That is pretty much what the president of Iran said before the UN today (with of course the exception of the Muslim faith)...

Well, Muhammad's spiritual authority will topple right along with Abraham's and Moses'. Only Christianity following Jesus' break with Judaism will survive the End Times..of Abrahamic religious authority.

True, and there were Bible scholars 150 ago or even longer who predicted that Israel must be rebordered plus one or two of the other things you mentioned, Dondi. Based upon their Bible studies, they predicted some of these things in the face of impossible scenarios, but still doesn't justify all the hype around interpretations of Revelation. That hype makes piles of money and becomes its own set of creeds by which people are owned.

I agree that people have profited off this to their own folly. I'll let God judge those snake oilers. However, it doesn't negate the type of thing I'm seeing as world events unfold. Nor should we be passive about it and wait around for it to happen. We as Christian are supposed to be the Salt of the Earth. The reason for end-times event is in the fact that we are failing in that regard. Our lights are burning low. It's happening because of our apathy. God will eventually have to step in.

sonoman said:
There's a whole lot more to these connections which I wanted to get to in a new topic about the End of Abraham.

The point here is that we really do need to make a serious effort to stop believing in tribal myths or origin just because they are Jewish ones.

I hope you will do this in the Abrahamic Religions forum, rather than here in Christianity. I'd really like to hear BBs take on all this.

Abraham is a myth. I can and will show you how Abraham and Sarah are the devolved memories of Brahma and his consort Sarasvati, memories lost in translation as a sub-set of Vedic Brahmins were forced out of the Sarasvati river valley that dried up right about the time "Abraham" was supposedly coming from the east, farther east than Iraq, as the place name for Tehran, "Terah", Abram's father, shows--it's another place name become a Hebrew ancestor--e.g. sons of Ham, as "Cush" and "Canaan".
And I can argue the OT as being part of the origins of the Zorastrian faith, simply copied and modified to suit the needs of the Hebrews (and Zorastor was around long before the Hindi faith(s)).

But the reality is that it would be speculation, not "proof", because none of us were there to witness, nor are there un broken records to reference from...

There is however, hard, written, historical evidence of a Hebrew named Joseph, who was the Pharoh's second in command, and who helped the Egyptian nation stave off the descimation of a drought. And ironically, his name was spelled and pronounced as the Hebrew version of "Joseph" while the rest of the heiraglyphs maintained the Egyptian format and syntax...

And I can argue the OT as being part of the origins of the Zorastrian faith, simply copied and modified to suit the needs of the Hebrews (and Zorastor was around long before the Hindi faith(s)).

But the reality is that it would be speculation, not "proof", because none of us were there to witness, nor are there un broken records to reference from...

There is however, hard, written, historical evidence of a Hebrew named Joseph, who was the Pharoh's second in command, and who helped the Egyptian nation stave off the descimation of a drought. And ironically, his name was spelled and pronounced as the Hebrew version of "Joseph" while the rest of the heiraglyphs maintained the Egyptian format and syntax...

Part of the problem with using the Bible as history is due to the fact that ancients would often mix legendary figures, even gods with their ancestors so at our end we never know for sure what they are referring to. Hebrews seem to be especially adept at creating believable stories mixing myths and reality together in whatever portions we can only guess at. I think there just comes a point when the old myths do not satisfy for whatever reasons and are replaced by newer ones incorporating bits and pieces of the older ones. They're all unraveling with historical discovery even though attempts are made continually to "prove" the Bible right. It is more wrong than right and the sooner Abrahamic religionists realize that, the better off the world will be in my opinion.

I can tell you this however, if Israel gets into trouble, I'll be one of the first to volunteer to assist them, by what ever means needed.

v/r

Q
:) i know i am butting in again :) but , SPIRITUAL ISRAEL are the ones that we should be assisting .

and those that are with SPIRITUAL ISRAEL helping them out are a GREAT CROWD REVELATION 7;9-10

yes we are really in the time of the end ,and SPIRITUAL ISRAEL or to be more correct the remnent of SPIRITUAL ISRAEL have given the GREAT CROWD lots of work to do .

:) i know i am butting in again :) but , SPIRITUAL ISRAEL are the ones that we should be assisting .

and those that are with SPIRITUAL ISRAEL helping them out are a GREAT CROWD REVELATION 7;9-10

yes we are really in the time of the end ,and SPIRITUAL ISRAEL or to be more correct the remnent of SPIRITUAL ISRAEL have given the GREAT CROWD lots of work to do .
You aren't butting in. I do not believe there is a difference between the physical Israel and the spiritual Israel. There may be "Israelites" all over the world, but the homeland is physically over in the Middle East.

As God states: "It is the land of milk and honey"

You aren't butting in. I do not believe there is a difference between the physical Israel and the spiritual Israel. There may be "Israelites" all over the world, but the homeland is physically over in the Middle East.

As God states: "It is the land of milk and honey"

But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother.GALATIANS 4;26

its not about litral Jerusalem any longer

Jerusalem above, has taken on a royal aspect since "the appointed times of the nations" ended in 1914. (Luke 21:24)

From then on, Psalm 97:1 applies: "Jehovah himself has become king! Let the earth be joyful."

Likewise Psalm 99:1, 2 applies: "Jehovah himself has become king. . . . Jehovah is great in Zion, and he is high over all the peoples."

In 1914 the time came for him to stop the trampling upon the Kingdom in the royal line of David, as represented in the once royal city of Jerusalem.

Hence, he enthroned his Son, Jesus Christ, as King at His own right hand in "the Jerusalem above," the celestial Jerusalem, in this way making it a royal city.

Jehovah’s own kingship is reinforced or enlarged upon by the enthronement of Jesus Christ as King.

So after the birth of the heavenly Kingdom in 1914 and after Satan and his demons were ousted from heaven, it was proper to announce:

"Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God!" (Revelation 12:1-10)

"The authority of his Christ" was for this One to rule as King in "the Jerusalem above." Truly, she became a royal city in that auspicious year of 1914.​

Gnosticism did fly within the Christian community. To me, the Gospel of John is a gnostic text, one that expresses the Good News in terms of a mystical relationship that you really do need spiritual knowledge to comprehend. To me and to others John's Gospel is an answer to Thomas' and the gnostic Christians who were going with the blind Demiurge and screwed up Creation gnostic ideology one finds in "classical" gnosticism. Once you know that Creation and God are good and the reasons why they are good, then the classical Gnostic position is false doctrine, teaching the wrong message about the world and humanity's role in it.

Hi! Indeed the above reasoning of yours seems logic to me, that is, from a Rosicrucianist viewpoint.

That said, I personally do see a spiritual battle happening now in these "End Times" but I think Christians will be quite surprised in the end about what Jesus was teaching. (...)

On the contrary, i do believe Christians -- the disciples who addict themselves to the true Philosophy and lead a Christian life -- will not be surprised[not found unprepared] (2 Cor 5:1-3) in the Day of Christ when His voice sounds[vibrates] the Call.

In fellowship (1 John 1)

God will eventually have to step in.

daniel 2;44 is what it is all about ,and he most certainly will step into the affairs of humans .
and yes its all happening in this time of the end , the signs that Jesus foretold have been happening since 1914 matthew 24 we are in the time of the end , the end of manmade rulerships is near.

Back