What do you believe about End Times?

quakeyjase

Reaction score
Is the book of revelation a prophesy of events that will actually happen or a snapshot of the spiritual condition of mankind?

Are you getting ready to be raptured at any second or is the lake of fire intended to purify the human race from sin?

Is the New Jerusalem to be obtained by nuking the middle east or hastening armageddon or simply by following Christ's command to love thy neighbour?

Tell me about your apocalyptic beliefs.
:confused:

the book of revelation is a revealing .

ON READING the delightful description of New Jerusalem, you may be moved to ask: ‘Can something so wonderful really come to be?’

John answers that question by reporting the angel’s next words:

"And he said to me: ‘These words are faithful and true; yes, Jehovah the God of the inspired expressions of the prophets sent his angel forth to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And, look! I am coming quickly. Happy is anyone observing the words of the prophecy of this scroll.’" (Revelation 22:6, 7)

All the wonderful promises of Revelation will really be fulfilled!

Speaking in the name of Jesus, the angel declares that Jesus is coming soon, "quickly." This must be Jesus’ coming "as a thief" to destroy Jehovah’s enemies and usher in the grand and happy climax of Revelation. (Revelation 16:15, 16)

We should, therefore, conform our lives to the words of "this scroll," Revelation, to be pronounced happy at that time.

Revelation is a schizophrenic mish-mash of Jewish and pagan mythological symbolism. The theology is definitely not Christian as it has Jesus reversing everything he stands for in the New Testament. The "lamb of wrath" has to be one of the most schizoid images imaginable.

Christians, not knowing Jewish cult items or pagan mythologies, concoct all sorts of ridiculous interpretations on Revelation's "story", e.g. not understanding "New Jerusalem" is John the Revelator's supernaturalization of the Temple's Holy of Holies, a cube shaped room with no windows (no need of sun or moon) only this one's 14 miles to a side and made of crystal, gold, and jewels, must weigh some god-awful amount that would affect tectonic plates wherever it landed on earth--I want an EIR first before that things lands..

From the last chapter of Rev.:
Revelation 22:3-7...10 said:
There shall no more be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and his servants shall worship him; they shall see his face, and his name shall be on their foreheads. And night shall be no more; they need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they shall reign for ever and ever. And he said to me, "These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place. And behold, I am coming soon." Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book....10 And he said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near.
I agree the book all symbols, however it is in line with the gospel Jesus, who was focused on the ideas in this passage. This part at the end is very telling: The idea of people not needing the light of the lamp or sun is the goal and the endgame of Christianity. It is similar to the idea of Hanuka where the lamp in the temple burns without oil.

Hyperbolic mythology designed to control the masses.
I don't know if that's true, but could that be your angry side talking, Wil? I never really got through the hyperbolic functions and don't know Revelation that well, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Wow its a good thing you arent asking Christians this question... I doubt they'd be brave enough to answer it with all the scoffing on this thread already.

well let me clarify that a little bit...

Thank goodness you arent asking a "bible believing" Christian.

Why would he? not like such a type would bring anything of any value to the table..... unless the table was to looking for examples of cultural mass hysteria...

Woa, Faithful. Not having been here as long as you, I'm not sure its fair to place all of us on the non-Bible believing side. There is quite a lot of anger against religious manipulators and imposters, and that tends to make people lean towards conspiracy theories. There are several highly financed viewpoints on Revelation, and that adds to the strife. Still, I don't think there is much scoffing going on. I believe Quakey just wants to hear a few opinions about what other people think, which is a respectful request. I'm sure he would also accept a private message.

Well I could tell what I think if he really wanted to know.. but it was 9 posts up till now that scared me off of it. Seriously people can be really mean and its turning me into a lurker. Im getting kind of sick of not feeling like I can post without getting bashed by people.

/whine off

and what the heck Tao wasnt long ago you wouldnt set foot on the Christian forum. You wanting to hear some truth.. like God loves you just like he loves me? No more no less.

and what the heck Tao wasnt long ago you wouldnt set foot on the Christian forum. You wanting to hear some truth.. like God loves you just like he loves me? No more no less.
Then why does "He" allow every fundamentalist group I have ever looked at to be headed by the most corrupt bunch of blatant liars that destroy any possibility of me taking such a message seriously?

May the force be with you! I'l be back.. or whatever

tao

If thats all you saw when you looked then I would keep looking because MAN just flat out sucks and will ruin everything if given a chance. But God really is good. Hes not the bad guy in the equation.

Hey folks, this is getting off-topic and turning into a flame war.

All members are welcome to post their views here, and while no is expecting anyone to agree with a POV, we do expect civility toward each other.

Let's get back on topic and chill.

lunamoth

If thats all you saw when you looked then I would keep looking because MAN just flat out sucks and will ruin everything if given a chance. But God really is good. Hes not the bad guy in the equation.
Neither is Sanata claus, but i have been to Lapland and he aint there. I am sorry you have such a dim view of 'man'. I prefer to focus on what 'man' does well and encourage that. I believe focus on hopelessness or fantasies of armageddon can do nothing but help to promote that wholly unavoidable scenario. You can reject your personal power to effect change if you like. I pefer something a little more positive.

tao

Hey folks, this is getting off-topic and turning into a flame war.

All members are welcome to post their views here, and while no is expecting anyone to agree with a POV, we do expect civility toward each other.

Let's get back on topic and chill.

lunamoth
I would only expect a heated and diverse range of posting from such an OP....

Back