what happens to us when we die ?

M

mee

WHY THE QUESTION ARISES most of the worlds religions teach that something inside a person continues living after death.
Some hold that the dead can harm the living or that God punishes the wicked by condemning them to eternal torment in a firey hell.

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES
At death humans cease to exist,
The dead.....are conscious of nothing at all states ECCLESIASTES 9;5
Since the dead.....cannot know, feel, or experience anything, they cannot harm-or help -the living-.PSALM 146;3-4

SEE ALSO Genesis 3;19 and ecclesiastes 9;6,10.

would you not agree that it is good to know from the bible what happens to us when we die ?

Dear Mee,

I would be interested to know how you (as a witness) explain, (from the Bible, of course), the Biblical revelation that God is the God of the living, when referring to the God of the "dead" Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Respectfully,

Learner

Dear Mee,

I would be interested to know how you (as a witness) explain, (from the Bible, of course), the Biblical revelation that God is the God of the living, when referring to the God of the "dead" Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Respectfully,

Learner

Leastone where does the Bible refer to God being the God of the Dead?
He does say i am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Just as He is the God of Mee, leastone and darren. Now if Jesus was not risen then He would be the god of the dead. Just as dead as those who pray and worship statues. But Jesus was resurrected to life and lives now at the right hand of the Father.

Darren

Dear Darren,

I must have not expressed myself well to make my meaning clear. Please, let me try again.

Mat 22:32 'I am the God of Abraham,and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not God of the dead, but of the living."

(1) The living God lives.

(2) The living God is the God of the living.

(3) The living live -- they are not "dead."

(4) Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; John, Peter, and Paul, are all supposed to be "dead," but the verse implies that they yet are living.

In the light of the above, I am asking Mee what she, (Phyllis?), as a witness of the living Jehovah, makes of the quoted Scripture verse.

And, since you introduced Jesus into the question, Darren, I might additionally ask Mee about how a witness sees Jesus' promise that a believer, "though he die, shall never die, but live?"

Respectfully,

Learner

PS As an afterthought, I tried some substitution by introducing the words, "Being," meaning Being ItSelf, and "being" as that that has life (being) in Being, and only because of Being.

I AM BEING : the God (Being ItSelf) of Abraham (a being), and the God of Isaac (another being), and the God of Jacob (yet another created, human..being).

I AM BEING is not God (Being ItSelf) of the dead (the NOT being), but of the living (that is, those who have their being; who have their life; who have their being in Being Itself, from Whom all live and are (to be). ["am" and "are" are both from the verb "to be."]

In Him we live and move and have our being; in Him we live and act and are.
In Him I live and move and have my being; in Him I live and act and am.

Dear Mee,

Respectfully,

Learner

Jesus was speaking to a group of Sadducees. They were a sect of Judaism associated with the Jewish priesthood, and they did not believe in the resurrection.

Jesus said to them: "As regards the resurrection of the dead, did you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying, ‘I am the God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob’? He is the God, not of the dead, but of the living." (Matthew 22:31, 32)

Here was a scripture they knew well, written down by a man that the Sadducees revered—Moses.

Those Sadducees knew that Jehovah is not like some pagan god of the dead, ruling a mythical underworld.

No, he is the God "of the living," as Jesus said. What must that mean? Jesus’ conclusion was forceful: "They are all living to him." (Luke 20:38)

Jehovah’s beloved servants who have died are safely preserved in God’s limitless, unfading memory. So sure is Jehovah’s purpose to resurrect such ones that they may be spoken of as living. (Romans 4:16, 17)

Is that not a marvelous explanation of God’s Word? No wonder "the crowds were astounded"!—Matthew 22:33.

He is a God, not of the dead, but of the living, for they are all living to him.
(Or, "living from his standpoint.")
luke 20;38

yes even though those faithful ones are dead , God who is able to resurrect them has them in his memory ,and he has the power to bring them back so in the eyes of God its as if they are alive.

In the light of the above, I am asking Mee what she, (Phyllis?), as a witness of the living Jehovah, makes of the quoted Scripture verse.

quote]
she ? phyllis? mee is not phyllis who is phyilis?:D

mee is not phyllis :D

My apologies, Mee.

I had noticed earlier that a post of yours was edited by someone of that name (I think), and assumed that to be your real name. It seems I made a mistake.

Thank you, mee, for your good explanation of what you believe.

I have never come across that interpretation of the last part of Luke 20:28:

Now he is not God of the dead, but of the living; for all live to him.

You say that the "dead" are only considered as living, "living from his standpoint," because they "who have died are safely preserved in God’s limitless, unfading memory," and since "he has the power to bring them back" -------- "in the eyes of God its as if they are alive."

Thanks, mee.

It has raised another question, though. If, "in the eyes of God it's as if they are alive," I wonder how they were considered before they were "born" to be "alive;" whether they were considered "dead" in God's timeless "memory"? That is, given such words as, "before you were born, I called you.."

Respectfully,

Learner

Dear Darren,

I must have not expressed myself well to make my meaning clear. Please, let me try again.

Mat 22:32 'I am the God of Abraham,and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not God of the dead, but of the living."

(1) The living God lives.

(2) The living God is the God of the living.

(3) The living live -- they are not "dead."

(4) Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; John, Peter, and Paul, are all supposed to be "dead," but the verse implies that they yet are living.

And, since you introduced Jesus into the question, Darren, I might additionally ask Mee about how a witness sees Jesus' promise that a believer, "though he die, shall never die, but live?"

Respectfully,

Learner

PS As an afterthought, I tried some substitution by introducing the words, "Being," meaning Being ItSelf, and "being" as that that has life (being) in Being, and only because of Being.

I AM BEING : the God (Being ItSelf) of Abraham (a being), and the God of Isaac (another being), and the God of Jacob (yet another created, human..being).

I AM BEING is not God (Being ItSelf) of the dead (the NOT being), but of the living (that is, those who have their being; who have their life; who have their being in Being Itself, from Whom all live and are (to be). ["am" and "are" are both from the verb "to be."]

In Him we live and move and have our being; in Him we live and act and are.
In Him I live and move and have my being; in Him I live and act and am.

I must say you got me down pac. Great job. keep up the good work

Dear Darren,

The problem was that I failed to adjust their size: I tried, but could not. They were copied/pasted from elsewhere, where they did not appear that large.

I have since realized that it is the Quick Reply window that offers no options to adjust letter sizes, while the Advanced Reply window does.

However, I would advise against using such big letters in a post. The B, I, and U functions really are quite sufficient. And, I believe, same size letters throughout makes a post more readable, and avoids the possibility of being perceived as "shouting," or shoving something "in your face."

We're off topic, but thanks for the opportunity to explain the big letters. They were not intentional, but if it worked for you, ok. ;-)

Respectfully,

Learner

Dear Darren,

The problem was that I failed to adjust their size: I tried, but could not. They were copied/pasted from elsewhere, where they did not appear that large.

I have since realized that it is the Quick Reply window that offers no options to adjust letter sizes, while the Advanced Reply window does.

However, I would advise against using such big letters in a post. The B, I, and U functions really are quite sufficient. And, I believe, same size letters throughout makes a post more readable, and avoids the possibility of being perceived as "shouting," or shoving something "in your face."

We're off topic, but thanks for the opportunity to explain the big letters. They were not intentional, but if it worked for you, ok. ;-)

Respectfully,

Learner

Thanks leastone.
I only had my computer for a few months and It is all very knew to me. I really didn't know that large letters ment shouting or shoving I thought that it was to stress importantce like God will SAVE ALL. I did not mean for people to take it the wrong way. Sorry. I understand. thanks.

Darren

It has raised another question, though. If, "in the eyes of God it's as if they are alive," I wonder how they were considered before they were "born" to be "alive;" whether they were considered "dead" in God's timeless "memory"? That is, given such words as, "before you were born, I called you.."

Respectfully,

Learner

not sure which verse you are refering too? but i think it would only be those who are not in the memory of God who will not be resurrected such as Adam and eve

WHY THE QUESTION ARISES most of the worlds religions teach that something inside a person continues living after death.
Some hold that the dead can harm the living or that God punishes the wicked by condemning them to eternal torment in a firey hell.

What each do is their after-life. Not many speak well of Hitler.. (his hell)

Many speak well of Jesus, daily.... Abraham, Jacob, Muhammad..etc....

They all gave to existence and live in what they contributed.

many make choices based on what was taught and learned from the contributers; the contributers live in what they did and them gifts live in our hearts by the 'good' of their contributions have enabled.

So from Thoth to Confucius to Darwin and many in between and before, they are still alive in the knowledge they conveyed.

We live in what we do.

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES
Since the dead.....cannot know, feel, or experience anything, they cannot harm-or help -the living-.PSALM 146;3-4
in a sense.... that's all correct....

ie... think of death as sleeping. Your conscious is no longer making choices for the body (mass) that is considered YOU.... difference is, in the morning you have another chance to give of yourself for 'life to continue' and live in them gifts.

would you not agree that it is good to know from the bible what happens to us when we die ?

sure it is but be careful on what interpretation is observed as well remember the bible is composed of a bunch of different opinions (books)

what happends to us when we die?

We live in the doings we impose to existence by our choices. Ideas to measure with can be;

Good: supports life to continue (giving of self, contributing)
Bad: loss to the common (selfish, isolating)

Weigh all choices, compare with the commandments and find the truth is simple. i.e... Jesus didn't lie to us.

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES

SEE ALSO Genesis 3;19 and ecclesiastes 9;6,10.

yep, that was before the new testament and the arrival of Jesus, then everything changed...

WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES
There are many different views on this in the bible.

This was not the view of the Pharisees, Essenes, nor other sects...it was the view of the Sadducees, that is why they were Sadducee. (Bart Ehrman's joke tonight)

There are many different views on this in the bible.

This was not the view of the Pharisees, Essenes, nor other sects...it was the view of the Sadducees, that is why they were Sadducee. (Bart Ehrman's joke tonight)
Ecclesiastes was a lament by a man who had lost faith, then found it again. Some people keep forgetting to include the conclusion of the writer in Ecclesiastes...and I can't understand why...:rolleyes::eek:

what happens to us when we die ?

we go to dust just as the bible says we would , when Adam and Eve sinned , God did not say, now you will go burn in a firey hell , no he said they would go to dust. and when you think about that first sin that Adam and Eve were involved with, it sure was a very bad sin . it led to all of us getting sick and old and then dieing:(

Back