M

mee

the bible refers to 666
The Mark of the Beast
What Does It Mean?

666 is the number of jw's that will be brainwashed in the year 2666 into thinking that God is speaking to them thru fortune cookies from a chinese restaurant whose address is 666. It's all happening in these last days, do you recognize it? if you don't its because many have been misled and if you say i am wrong, well that was foretold to. it all about what channel you are listening to, you're obviously on network tv and im on PPV.

hmmm - bit of a shame 6 can't easily be made to correspond with w, no?

qj

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

This is kinda the same thread I started called "what does satan mean to you exactly" lol

Understanding the meaning of 666, is much more than just solving an intriguing puzzle.

Happily, Jehovah God, the very personification of love and the Source of spiritual light, has not kept his servants in the dark on this important matter.—2 Timothy 3:16; 1 John 1:5; 4:8. matthew 24;45-47

Daniel 12;4 true knowledge will become abundant:) go to the right channel and be fed .

*chuggles* twas funny..

7 is perfect
6 is man... Man falls short...

6, 6, 6... Is to drill home the point that we fall short of the mark....

the Bible urges us: "Do not put your trust in nobles, nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs. His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish." (Psalm 146:3, 4)

Those who heed that wise counsel are not disillusioned when governments fail to deliver on their promises or when charismatic leaders fall from grace.—Proverbs 1:33.

This does not mean that true Christians sit back and do nothing about mankind’s plight. On the contrary, they actively proclaim the one government that will solve mankind’s problems—God’s Kingdom, which they represent.—Matthew 24:14.

*chuggles* twas funny..

7 is perfect
6 is man... Man falls short...

6, 6, 6... Is to drill home the point that we fall short of the mark....
It's not the number of mankind, but rather the number of a single person, affiliated in some way with the angelic creation of God's hosts. Mankind does not have a number.

It's not the number of mankind, but rather the number of a single person, affiliated in some way with the angelic creation of God's hosts. Mankind does not have a number.

Yeah, I agree, Q (it was bound to happen sometime:)). I also think that the word "count" is really significant; it often gets rendered as calculate, which leads to lots of really cool yet strange mathematical equations. I tried counting through the names listed in the Bible once, beginning in Genesis and working my way through. As I recall, the six hundred and sixty sixth name I came to was Edom. That got me thinking, though: should I be counting all names, or just everyone's name once as it comes up? What about place names? What about two people who have the same name? What about the names of women as opposed to men, assuming that 666 is the name of a man rather than a woman? And should I start in Genesis, or work my way back from Revelation, or perhaps begin with the Chronicles which to me serve little other purpose...

That's pretty much when I gave up on this project.

;)

Marsh

;)

Marsh
Daniel 12;4 if you go to the channel that Jesus is feeding you will have abundant true knowledge about the bible

matthew 24;45-47

and rather than giving up you will have enlightenment indeed, and it is all good bible based accurate knowledge .

and then you will not be able to keep it all to yourself , it will be GOODNEWS that is bursting to come out matthew 24; 14:)

seek ,seek, and seek.
seek Jehovah, all YOU meek ones of the earth, who have practiced His own judicial decision. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably YOU may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger.

zepheniah 2;3
its up to us if we want to be concealed , that probably lies with us.

seek JEHOVAH

Yeah, I agree, Q (it was bound to happen sometime:)). I also think that the word "count" is really significant; it often gets rendered as calculate, which leads to lots of really cool yet strange mathematical equations. I tried counting through the names listed in the Bible once, beginning in Genesis and working my way through. As I recall, the six hundred and sixty sixth name I came to was Edom. That got me thinking, though: should I be counting all names, or just everyone's name once as it comes up? What about place names? What about two people who have the same name? What about the names of women as opposed to men, assuming that 666 is the name of a man rather than a woman? And should I start in Genesis, or work my way back from Revelation, or perhaps begin with the Chronicles which to me serve little other purpose...

;)

Marsh
Good ideas, but for one small problem...there was no Bible (as we know it today), in Jesus' time. There was only the Pentatuch. Which means the name might or might not be in the old testament. Since Revelation was written after Jesus' time, but before there was a Bible, the reference again leaves us scratching our heads. There were dozens of "scriptural writs" that were never included in the bible proper.

Indeed, including Revelation in the bible almost did not come to pass...

Had that happened, we wouldn't even be asking this question.

The beast’s having "a human number," therefore, indicates that governments reflect the fallen human condition, the mark of sin and imperfection.

Good ideas, but for one small problem...there was no Bible (as we know it today), in Jesus' time. There was only the Pentatuch.

I can't remember off-hand, but I think I came to the 666th name in the book of Numbers, and assuming that the order of the first 5 books is the same as in the Jewish Pentatuch, the theory could still work, Q. I'm just waiting for some ambitious scholar with a knowledge of Hebrew and lots of time to take up the challenge.

So, how about it?

:p

I can't remember off-hand, but I think I came to the 666th name in the book of Numbers, and assuming that the order of the first 5 books is the same as in the Jewish Pentatuch, the theory could still work, Q. I'm just waiting for some ambitious scholar with a knowledge of Hebrew and lots of time to take up the challenge.

So, how about it?

:p
So what you are suggesting is that Revelation, was the codex for a name from the past and possible future? Why not? The scripture is nothing if not cryptic then, self revealing to those willing to look hard and deep...:D

edit: Since God is no respector of persons man/woman/child, yet each person is unique, it would seem to me that their name would be unique, hence counted only once...

The Bible does reveal that those with the mark will experience God’s wrath when he brings an end to the present system of things. (Revelation 14:9-11; 19:20)

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

problem is, there are few places in any business world (collective heads of capitalism) that any person can do any business without a tax ID.

That is what was meant by that part of buying or selling; we all live in it NOW!

Look at an old commentation as food for thought

Writings of Eusebius - The Church History of Eusebius

Advanced Information
Translated by Rev. Arthur Cushman McGiffert, Ph.D.
Under the editorial supervision of Philip Schaff, D.D., LL.D., Professor of Church History in the Union Theological Semimary, New York, and Henry Wace, D.D., Principal of King's College, London
Published in 1890 by Philip Schaff, New York: Christian Literature Publishing Co

Chapter XVIII.--The Apostle John and the Apocalypse.

1. It is said that in this persecution the apostle and evangelist John, who was still alive, was condemned to dwell on the island of Patmos in consequence of his testimony to the divine word. [713] 2. Iren�us, in the fifth book of his work Against Heresies, where he discusses the number of the name of Antichrist which is given in the so-called Apocalypse of John, [714] speaks as follows concerning him: [715] 3. "If it were necessary for his name to be proclaimed openly at the present time, it would have been declared by him who saw the revelation. For it was seen not long ago, but almost in our own generation, at the end of the reign of Domitian." 4. To such a degree, indeed, did the teaching of our faith flourish at that time that even those writers who were far from our religion did not hesitate to mention in their histories the persecution and the martyrdoms which took place during it. [716] 5. And they, indeed, accurately indicated the time.

the 6/66.... is the birth

it is why so many babies were killed in many periods of history

even sybil the oracle wrote of the 'birth'

the so called beast is a man...born ..... and the mission is to reveal the truth.

when the truth is revealed, the religions will be over

even Jesus mentioned another to come in the future

"23Jesus answered and said to him, `If any one may love me, my word he will keep, and my Father will love him, and unto him we will come, and abode with him we will make;

24he who is not loving me, my words doth not keep; and the word that ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

25`These things I have spoken to you, remaining with you,
26and the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and remind you of all things that I said to you.

in reality... the religious of the vatican know this!

They know the 'birth' will end religious control the world over as the truth allows each person conscious 'equality' and the knowledge of what life is without the blemishes of beliefs corrupting hope with fibs

I'll throw a monkey wrench into this superstition-fest. The oldest available manuscript for this text uses the number 616, not 666.

Back