Another little test

Thomas

So it goes ...
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Here's another little test:

Who founded a religion, yet is not mentioned in the Bible?

Who refuted the teachings of Jesus Christ?

Who refuted the teaching of he Apostles?

Who collected money and built a house for Jehovah, then lived in it himself?

Who demanded special veneration?

Who viewed his role as central to God's purpose?

Who made himself the mediator between God and man?

Who inserted and elevated his own ideas in a translation of Scripture?

Who made a series of infallible declarations, and got it wrong each time?

Who ended up making a declaration that no-one could prove or disprove?

Getting the picture, I wonder?

Thomas

Charles Taze Russell?

what a sincere bible student he was, he was really into bible truth ,and was never ashamed to bring out just what the bible REALLY taught.

regardless of if religious leaders did not like it . bible truth is what it was all about :)

and NOW that true knowledge is abundant indeed Daniel 12;4

and just think he is right now serving along with others in the HEAVENLY KINGDOM

but as always there is always opposition to those who are into bible truth.

but no worries , the bible is alive and well ,and the

FAITHFUL ONES ARE GIVING OUT EVEN MORE TASTY SPIRITUAL FOOD :)

Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings. MATTHEW 24;45-47

Jesus is the head of the christian congregation, and that spiritual food is for sharing .

yes that master (JESUS CHRIST) certainly saw and noticed who was faithful to him ,and what the bible REALLY teaches.

and now that true knowledge is abundant indeed. Daniel 12;4

so in answer to the little test ,there has been much sifting and testing especially in the last days

There are, of course, many religious organizations, and a considerable number of teachers make some use of the Bible.

Was God particularly using Charles Taze Russell? If so, did God cease to have a visible channel when Brother Russell died? These became critical issues, ones that led to further testing and sifting.

It certainly could not be expected that God would use C. T. Russell if he did not loyally adhere to God’s Word. (Jer. 23:28; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17)

God would not use a man who fearfully refrained from preaching what he saw clearly written in the Scriptures. (Ezek. 2:6-8)

Nor would God use a person who exploited his knowledge of the Scriptures to bring glory to himself. (John 5:44) So, what do the facts show?

As Jehovah’s Witnesses today review the work that he did, the things he taught, his reason for teaching them, and the outcome, they have no doubt that Charles Taze Russell was, indeed, used by God in a special way and at a significant time.

This view is not based solely on the firm stand that Brother Russell took with regard to the ransom.

It also takes into account the fact that he fearlessly rejected creeds that contained some of the foundation beliefs of Christendom, because these clashed with the inspired Scriptures.

These beliefs included the doctrine of the Trinity (which had its roots in ancient Babylon and was not adopted by so-called Christians until long after Bible writing was completed)

as well as the teaching that human souls are inherently immortal (which had been adopted by men who were overawed by the philosophy of Plato and which left them open to such ideas as the eternal torment of souls in hellfire).

Many of Christendom’s scholars, too, know that these doctrines are not taught in the Bible, but that is not generally what their preachers say from the pulpits.

In contrast, Brother Russell undertook an intensive campaign to share what the Bible actually does say with everyone who was willing to hear.

well done brother russel ,
he was not afraid to make known the truth of what the bible REALLY teaches :)

Does anyone have a right to complain about bashing their organization when they participate in similar activities against another?

Nope, your right ...

... although it was also to point of the pointlessness of such things.

Thomas

Does anyone have a right to complain about bashing their organization when they participate in similar activities against another?

its good to know that brother russel was into what the bible REALLY teaches , after all the bible is the aurthority for all christians .

thats the way to do it :) getting back to what the bible REALLY teaches is the way to go .

just think ,when Jesus inspected all of the so called christian religions he could have choosen any of them, but he wanted faithfulness to the bible, and yes he found the faithful ones , and gave them even more healthy spiritual food , and he gave them more responsibility.

matthew 24;45-47 and NOW that faithful class is full of good spiritual things , and they love to share it out . matthew 24;14

Nope, your right ...

... although it was also to point of the pointlessness of such things.

Thomas
its never pointless to know what the bible really teaches, thats the point of it all for a christian.:)

Thomas

Constantine, i believe....... :confused:

Constantine, i believe....... :confused:
There is also the preacher from Jonestown, and the one from Waco, TX...come to think of it there were a couple of Popes who did the same thing...

I guess the point is, when man's reasoning interferes with God's will, bad things happen...

There is also the preacher from Jonestown, and the one from Waco, TX...come to think of it there were a couple of Popes who did the same thing...

I guess the point is, when man's reasoning interferes with God's will, bad things happen...

that's a fact! see the middle east

see this forum

see what the worlds religions have done to people, the world; mankind

and in each and every faith, they all suggest be honest and be prepared for the truth; of life, reality and existence, that WILL BE provided in time....

that is what the 'little test' should be about............that the truth shares what life is and how to live forever, by choice

that is how to know when you have the right ONE; the truth!

ie.... the truth combines mankind not dividing and when mankind begins to recognize who and what we are the only divide left will be from the liars and the true ones. (judgment day)

after that then 'World Peace'

that's a fact! see the middle east

see this forum

see what the worlds religions have done to people, the world; mankind

and in each and every faith, they all suggest be honest and be prepared for the truth; of life, reality and existence, that WILL BE provided in time....

that is what the 'little test' should be about............that the truth shares what life is and how to live forever, by choice

that is how to know when you have the right ONE; the truth!

ie.... the truth combines mankind not dividing and when mankind begins to recognize who and what we are the only divide left will be from the liars and the true ones. (judgment day)

after that then 'World Peace'
The middle east is a perfect example of a people that refuse to take responsibility, and have done so for thousands of years...who are you trying to persuade?

The middle east is a perfect example of a people that refuse to take responsibility, and have done so for thousands of years...who are you trying to persuade?

persuade?

how about enticing 'responsibility' by comprehending reality!

the only thing that is important is that each can be aware and the ONLY thing that holds people back is knowledge and often religious complacency.

persuade?

how about enticing 'responsibility' by comprehending reality!

the only thing that is important is that each can be aware and the ONLY thing that holds people back is knowledge and often religious complacency.
And I bet you believe the auto worker's union is going to beat congress into giving into their demands for full wages and full health compensation...

I do Alex. vehemently...

my my, how fast we turn...

.. Think of it as a rhetorical question......

Turn? How have "we" turned?

You proved my point, you mind if I make a thread that has no aim to discuss but just tare anothers faith down, naturally.... Who would like that? So I ask Thomas this, because that is what he did... And put a quaint topic on it :) How cute..... A thread made just to bash isn't a productive thread..... And no growth comes from it.

Vehemently? Now, that is a strong way to express... I wonder if that is how Mee feels some times...

Thomas

Whoah! Never seen you so critical of the Papacy, Thomas!

Just to clarify —

I did want to make the point that anyone can array a group of questions that can be used to criticise another — and indeed those questions can be seen to be a critique of my own faith — so in reality, it's a bit of a pointless exercise.

Actually, I should clarify that ... I believe the questions are relevant with regard to JWs, but I also believe I have answers that are relevant, regarding RCs ... but then so does Mee, from the other perspective, and so does anyone, from their own ...

Thomas

Just to clarify —

I did want to make the point that anyone can array a group of questions that can be used to criticise another — and indeed those questions can be seen to be a critique of my own faith — so in reality, it's a bit of a pointless exercise.

Actually, I should clarify that ... I believe the questions are relevant with regard to JWs, but I also believe I have answers that are relevant, regarding RCs ... but then so does Mee, from the other perspective, and so does anyone, from their own ...

Thomas

No worries - I think the danger is that every organised belief system is open to criticism of some kind, so that criticisms applied to one can be used across the board.

That doesn't mean to say such criticisms are necessarily valid, but I think the point is that there will always be people who perceive such criticisms of any group. :)

Back