Why don't you go jump in a lake!!!

citizenzen

Custom User Title
Reaction score
As you can see by my title, I'm no stranger to forums.

But I actually try to be nice... most of the time. Nobody wins the argument by "losing it".

My forum philosophy: keep it short. You always get another chance.

My religious philosophy: Old-school zen. The kind that doesn't mind whacking you upside the head in the hope it might make you realize enlightenment. It hasn't worked yet, but it sure makes me feel better.

Love the forum so far. It works so much more quickly than that train-wreck beliefnet.

And there seems to be far less squabbling than Buddha Chat. Who knew Buddhists were so prickly?

See you in the funny pages.

Look, you've already changed your avatar; I don't believe you're an old fart at all. I think you're a new fart.

My religious philosophy: Old-school zen. The kind that doesn't mind whacking you upside the head in the hope it might make you realize enlightenment.

Would that be Rinzai then? I'm more Soto but I'm sure we can maintain a pretence of civility.

s.

But I actually try to be nice... most of the time. Nobody wins the argument by "losing it".

My religious philosophy: Old-school zen. The kind that doesn't mind whacking you upside the head in the hope it might make you realize enlightenment. It hasn't worked yet, but it sure makes me feel better.
Ha! A fellow button pusher! :D
{Old-school zen goes quite well with PMS--just to give you a heads up.} ;)

Ha! A fellow button pusher! :D
{Old-school zen goes quite well with PMS--just to give you a heads up.} ;)

I nearly mentioned you but then I thought I'd let you introduce your own particular piscine keisaku. :D

s.

Love the forum so far. It works so much more quickly than that train-wreck beliefnet.

And there seems to be far less squabbling than Buddha Chat. Who knew Buddhists were so prickly?

See you in the funny pages.
Welcome. You make an interestingly true observation about Buddhist discussion forums. Some I've seen portray fellow Buddhists arguing about respective views on doctrinal matters (of little real consequence IMO) as often and as emotionally as any theistic board. :p earl

Welcome to the forums - to some it's only a board, but I have a sneaking suspicion it can be more. :)

I'm using it to advance my career in the field of high technology!

I've even heard that it can be used as a posterboard, especially useful for cutting and pasting.

Oh that is just wrong! That is just evil! That is... that's...

not a half-bad idea!

<div id="wrapper">
<div id="leftCol">
<ul>
<li>Home</li>
<li>Services</li>

Although for some its a place to introduce themselves, quickly get offended or bored and leave. An example is Celeritas who never made it past 22 posts. Though I never knew her I shall always remember her and miss her. I'm thinking about making up some t-shirts for her, too.

Nice to meet you citizenZen.

Back