Is Jesus Almighty God?

M

mee

Jesus claimed to be the son of God, not Almighty God.
If Jesus were God, to whom was he praying while here on earth?
matthew 14; 23
matthew 26; 26- 29

Surely Jesus was not just pretending to talk to someone.

When two of Jesus diciples asked him for special positions in his kingdom, he answered....This sitting down at my right hand and at my left is not mine to give, but it belongs to those for whom it has been prepared by my father.
matthew 20; 23

was Jesus telling them a lie when he stated that he did not have aurthorityto grant their request?

hardly....rather,he humbly acknowledgedthat only God has the aurthority to make such decisions.
Jesus even explained that there were some things that neither he nor the angels knew but that were known only by his father
mark 13;32

Was Jesus lower than God only while he was a man here on earth? No.

Even after his death and resurrection,Jesus is described in the bible as being subordinate to God

The apostle paul reminds us that God is supreme over christ
1 corinthians11;3(Todays English version)

The bible says that in the future when all things have been placed under Christs rule, then he himself, the son, will place himself under God, who placed all things under him. And God will rule completly over all

1 corinthians 15;28 ( TEV)

clearly ,Jesus is not God Almighty.

That is why he spoke of his father as my God
Revelation 3;2, 12

2 corinthians 1; 3-4

When two of Jesus diciples asked him for special positions in his kingdom, he answered....This sitting down at my right hand and at my left is not mine to give, but it belongs to those for whom it has been prepared by my father.
matthew 20; 23

was Jesus telling them a lie when he stated that he did not have aurthorityto grant their request?

Even after his death and resurrection,Jesus is described in the bible as being subordinate to God

Not as clear as one might think, Mee. If it was any other father and son, then I would 100% agree with you, but in this case I can only 99% agree with you, because God is like no other father, and Jesus like no other son.

I have a son. He's different than me (i.e. much shorter, cuter, and with more limited vocabulary... I think), and as a father I see it as my purpose to guide and protect him. I guess you could say that I see him as subordinate, but I won't always see him this way; when he grows up, he'll start his own family, and my authority will diminish. In a similar (but not exactly the same) way, I don't necessarily agree that Jesus is a subordinate of God. Prophets are subordinates because, like Jeremiah says and like Jonah illustrates, they must go and do what God wants them to do, lest there be consequences. Jesus said that he came to say and do what his father wanted him to say and do, but I get the sense that he wasn't compelled, but instead truly wanted to do the exact work of God; positively motivated, rather than negatively motivated. This is the grown man honouring his perfect Father, rather than the child being subordinate to his daddy.

So I agree with your assessment that Jesus and God are not the same... guy. However, I disagree with the implication that because Jesus and God are not exactly the same, that one dominates the other. After all, Jesus was the begotten child of God's spirit, thus the embodiment of God's spirit, and in metaphysical terms it isn't the body that defines us, but the spirit. In that way, Jesus and God are--or at least could be--one and the same spiritually, without being one and the same physically.

He is Almighty God with the Father and the Holy Spirit. There is no Almighty God without Christ, just as there is no creation, no salvation, and no kingdom without Christ.

This is getting old mee. Jesus is God according to most Christian callling faiths.

Anymore attempts to belittle the main stream faith will be considered proselytising, and shall be dealt with accordingly.

Your's is an unsolicited declaration, concerning Christian faith that is different from the main stream.

You belong in other than Christianity forum.

Play nice, or be moved.

follow the COC.

v/r

Q

Jesus claimed to be the son of God, not Almighty God.
If Jesus were God, to whom was he praying while here on earth?
matthew 14; 23
matthew 26; 26- 29

Surely Jesus was not just pretending to talk to someone.

matthew 20; 23

hardly....rather,he humbly acknowledgedthat only God has the aurthority to make such decisions.
Jesus even explained that there were some things that neither he nor the angels knew but that were known only by his father
mark 13;32

Was Jesus lower than God only while he was a man here on earth? No.

The apostle paul reminds us that God is supreme over christ
1 corinthians11;3(Todays English version)

The bible says that in the future when all things have been placed under Christs rule, then he himself, the son, will place himself under God, who placed all things under him. And God will rule completly over all

1 corinthians 15;28 ( TEV)

That is why he spoke of his father as my God
Revelation 3;2, 12

2 corinthians 1; 3-4

Hi

The answer is in the Bible itself.

the Book of Deuteronomy, verse 4:

"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord"

:: :: :: ::

The very same First Commandment is endorsed by Jesus in Mark:

"And one of the scribes came, and … asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:" (Mark 12:28-29, KJV)

"For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak." (John 12:49)

This also very clearly shows that Jesus was not God. Note that he does not say that he spoke for himself as God.

note the words he and me

Even the Son of God, did not limit to Jesus in the Gospel ..many other appear to be sons of God

'Son of God' is a phrase used in the Bible for several persons; and so it does not denote that God had literally a son:

"The sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose." (Genesis 6:2, KJV)

In this verse all men were called "the sons of God".

"…Adam, which was the son of God." (Luke 3:38, KJV)

Here Adam is called the son of God.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9, KJV)

Here we find none other than Jesus saying that all the peacemakers will be called the sons of God.

by the way ,We Muslims believe that every word written in the Bible as the father and son was not the word of God sent to Jesus (peace be upon him).

Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me. (Mark 9:37)

There are verses in the Bible refers to the oneness of God

For example this verse in Hosea 13:4: ".. You shall acknowledge no God but me, no Savior except me."

"The Lord our God is Lord alone! Therefore, you shall adore the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength." (Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Mark 12:29-30)

"If you truly loved me you would rejoice to have me go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I". (John 14:28)

How could God and Jesus united ( or the same)and there is a difference between them? How to be the father and son, and the Holy Spirit, united and there are discrepancies in the capacity of them?

We see that throughout the Gospels, Jesus prayed to God. This certainly argues against his being God. God would not pray to Himself.

There were times when Jesus felt the need to pray with special urgency. Luke reports that, on one occasion, Jesus prayed very hard:

"In his anguish, Jesus prayed with all the greater intensity, and his sweat became like drops of blood falling to the ground." (Luke 22:44)

Jesus (PUH) never ever said I am God worship me.

Friend,

fair post,

with homework completed too.. ;)

but you forgot

John 14:15

`If ye love me, my commands keep,

16and I will ask the Father, and another Comforter He will give to you, that he may remain with you -- to the age; :confused:
17the Spirit of truth, whom the world is not able to receive, because it doth not behold him, nor know him, and ye know him, because he doth remain with you, and shall be in you

and

Mark 10: 17

And as he is going forth into the way, one having run and having kneeled to him, was questioning him, `Good teacher, what may I do, that life age-during I may inherit?'

18 And Jesus said to him, `Why me dost thou call good? no one [is] good except One -- God; :eek:
19the commands thou hast known: Thou mayest not commit adultery, Thou mayest do no murder, Thou mayest not steal, Thou mayest not bear false witness, Thou mayest not defraud, Honour thy father and mother.'

No, because Jesus Christ emptied himself, he did not come to glorify himself, but emptied himself from his position in heaven with the Father, and came humbly to die on the cross for our sins. God the Father; however, did glorify Jesus Christ and calls for all to worship Him. The glorification of Jesus Christ does not come from himself, but comes from the Father. Because Christ humbled himself, God the Father exhalted Him and put His name above all other names that all will bow and acknowledge that Christ is Lord. It is ok that you do not understand scripture and spoke incorrectly, but now you know.

Blessed is he that believes but does not see.
But what about those that want to believe...so much that they keep coming back?

What are we missing?

Perhaps it isn't us at all...

Lord I believe...bless my disbelief.

No, because Jesus Christ emptied himself, he did not come to glorify himself, but emptied himself from his position in heaven with the Father, and came humbly to die on the cross for our sins. God the Father; however, did glorify Jesus Christ and calls for all to worship Him. The glorification of Jesus Christ does not come from himself, but comes from the Father. Because Christ humbled himself, God the Father exhalted Him and put His name above all other names that all will bow and acknowledge that Christ is Lord. It is ok that you do not understand scripture and spoke incorrectly, but now you know.
In short, Jesus left his divinity behind for a time (God can do that), and walked with man, as a man.

Ironically he was a perfect man, and he followed Ecclesiastes to a tee.

Then he shewn us there was more...

there is more

and I will ask the Father, and another Comforter He will give to you, that he may remain with you -- to the age;

17the Spirit of truth, whom the world is not able to receive, because it doth not behold him, nor know him, and ye know him, because he doth remain with you, and shall be in you

but who is looking?

there is more

and I will ask the Father, and another Comforter He will give to you, that he may remain with you -- to the age;

but who is looking?
God is...and all of heaven holds it's breath when a man even begins to turn around to seek the Lord...

God is...and all of heaven holds it's breath when a man even begins to turn around to seek the Lord...

God is "looking' ........? for what?

Heaven holds its 'breath'...........? How does that work?

Can you show me when the next 'breath' is held by heaven?

it is sunday, i am thinking if you are right and there are a few million in church this morning, then heaven should be holding its breath until blue.......

:eek:........... is that why the sky is blue?

God is "looking' ........? for what?

Heaven holds its 'breath'...........? How does that work?

Can you show me when the next 'breath' is held by heaven?

it is sunday, i am thinking if you are right and there are a few million in church this morning, then heaven should be holding its breath until blue.......

:eek:........... is that why the sky is blue?
The sky is blue because of Rayleigh scattering.

Some people are the way they are because of choice...

...there is a difference.

This is getting old mee. Jesus is God according to most Christian callling faiths.

Q
for all christians ,what the bible really teaches is what it is all about.

would you not agree?

the bible is the aurthority for all christians

but as you mentioned many faiths who claim to follow the bible say many things not inline with what the bible really teaches.

the bible tells us that Jesus is not God Almighty, and Jesus himself never claimed to be Almighty God.

its good to get things right inline with the bible :)

what did Jesus say?

If you loved me, you would rejoice that i am going my way to the father, because the father is greater than i am JOHN 14; 28.

Jesus acknowledged that he and his father are not equals .

the bible always puts us straight .

mee likes what the bible really teaches , and it never gets old ,it is like refreshing dew.

very true indeed . what the bible teaches is what it is all about

LUKE 9;35
And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: "This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him.
:)

The bible always puts us straight:)

and as Jesus himself said

I am ascending to MY FATHER and your father and to MY GOD and your God JOHN 20;17

Jesus did not speak of himself as God but spoke of God as a separate person.

mee likes what the bible really teaches it puts mee straight:)

Your's is an unsolicited declaration, concerning Christian faith that is different from the main stream.

Q
my declaration is what the bible says .

clearly Jesus is not God Almighty.

That is why he spoke of his father as MY GOD .

Become watchful, and strengthen the things remaining that were ready to die, for I have not found your deeds fully performed before MY GOD REV 3;2

‘The one that conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of MY GOD, and he will by no means go out [from it] anymore, and I will write upon him the name of MY GOD and the name of the city of MY GOD , the new Jerusalem which descends out of heaven from MY GOD , and that new name of mine. REV 3;12

Blessed beTHE GOD AND FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort, 2 CORINTHIANS 1;3

Jesus acknowledged that he and his father are not equals .

In what way are they not equals, Mee? Words like "greater" are troublesome, because they can mean different things in different contexts-- particularly when the context has been translated into another language.

Jesus was with God in the beginning when he created the heavens and the Earth.

Jesus will be with God as the ruler of the Holy City at the end of the age.

The connotation that you are giving the word greater (correct me if I'm wrong) is that it means "more important." Thus, by this reasoning Jesus and God are not the same because God is more important than Jesus. Fair enough, and I can understand the reasoning. However, the connotation in the Bible might be something else, like larger. If Jesus is the embodiment of God's spirit, then God is larger (i.e. doesn't fit into a tiny human body), but they are nonetheless the same.

Just thoughts...

The sky is blue because of Rayleigh scattering.

Some people are the way they are because of choice...

...there is a difference.

yep....

big difference from truth and the variety of 'choices'

such as there is a big 'difference' of 'mainstream' and what the literature says.

Back