Is Jesus Almighty God?

Peace--

I personally do not believe Jesus pbuh to be God (and I am not a Christian). Some of my personal reasons (please, I mean no offense here) are these:
a) Anything that can die cannot be divine, including humans. Someone dead cannot be divine because something dead ceases to be conscious. In order to be resurrected there must be an outside Force, alive and conscious to bring to life that which is dead.
b) Pagan beliefs usually include human/humanlike forms to be divine. Many pagan societies in the past have glorified human figures (i.e. Romans).
c) Since Jesus pbuh was preaching to Jews, and was sent to the House of Israel, I cannot imagine any Jewish person following him if he were to state of himself to be divine. If I were Jewish and living in Jesus' time, and hearing him state that he "was God", I probably would consider him demon possessed or a great blasphemer (no offense--just stating the fact that Jewish religious message that there must be no other gods besides G!d).
d) Jesus pbuh prayed to God. If he was God, why would he pray to himself? Does God even need anyone's support at all? He is All powerful, All Knowing, All Perfect and Forever.
e) Jesus is similar to Adam. Adam was created by God and God breathed life into Adam. Adam had no human parents. Jesus had one human parent. Adam is not considered divine by Christians, then why should Jesus be believed divine?
f) The story of Jesus' "divinity", as told by the (non)christian tradition, is way too similar to Mithra for me.

I do not mean offense to anyone on the Christian forum. I believe that you have the right to belive the way you do. I respect all Christians and your faith, but simply do not agree with it.
;) I hope all is cool. Peace to all.

what makes Jesus 'alive' is not whether he is breathing or not

we still talking about what he gave us.............. he lives in over half of mankind and has for almost 2000 years........ by what he did, not whether he is breathing or sitting on a thrown next to zeus

that is what folk do not understand; 'what life is'

every night you sleep is not much different than being dead; your mind of choice is gone!

every human practices death 'ooosually' at least once every 24 hrs

what is important to 'life' is what you do while awake

before you stop waking up!

'keep it simple and true, not believing in funny places, like a fool'

you in heaven/hell as you stand! (good days, Heaven.......... bad days HELL) you make your life, your ever lasting............ and like Jesus, do good and live a long time.

no uttttttttter place to go!

my 'personal' opinion...........

Yes,Jesus has been GIVEN GREAT AURTHORITY daniel 7;13-14

And he is spoken of as a Mighty God , in isaiah 9 ;6-7 but he is not ALMIGHTY GOD the most high .

PSALM 83;18 informs us that JEHOVAH IS THE MOST HIGH , and JEHOVAH said to listen to JESUS in LUKE 9;35.

YES Jesus is Gods son

Jesus is not who Daniel is about................

Only ONE God.............. and we all children within!

Something to think about...

If Jesus was only just a man.. a teacher.. or a prophet..

why is He the most spoke of..
most thought of..
most hated by some..
most loved by others...

There are more threads on this very site about Him and if Hes not the direct topic... He is certainly mentioned SOMEWHERE in it.

His name is the most recognized.. His name is above all other names. I dont know anyone that doesnt know who He is... or was depending on belief.

So seriously.. is/was He just a man ... a teacher ... or a prophet?

Or is He.. Savior.. Messiah.. The only begotten Son of God.. and finally ...... Almighty God?

You have to ask yourself this question.. any other explanation makes no sense.

Something to think about...

If Jesus was only just a man.. a teacher.. or a prophet..

why is He the most spoke of..
most thought of..
most hated by some..
most loved by others...

There are more threads on this very site about Him and if Hes not the direct topic... He is certainly mentioned SOMEWHERE in it.

His name is the most recognized.. His name is above all other names. I dont know anyone that doesnt know who He is... or was depending on belief.

Or is He.. Savior.. Messiah.. The only begotten Son of God.. and finally ...... Almighty God?

You have to ask yourself this question.. any other explanation makes no sense.

That doesn't really prove anything..... You could say that about *pulls random names out the hat*

Adolf Hitler
Chuck Norris
Meatloaf
Barry White
Elvis...

Many love them, many hate them....

The reason he is in so many threads here is because like lol 80% of this place is some form of christian lol like jesus got mentioned wow who knew?

Why do so many people know, about him cause he is a classic "big fish" a man who's life when accounted for was exagerated.... And more magic and impossible claims and events chain together. Whenever I see Big fish I think of jesus.

Dont apologize. Understand that it makes me sad, though. To see that hard cynicism back ... but its different because you're my friend now and with that comes a little understanding and alot more compassion.

Rocky soil is not the best ground to sow a seed on. :(

Rocky soil is not the best ground to sow a seed on. :(
ah sister, but could be a bird picks it up an deposits it someplace with fertilizer... time, patience, understanding and knowing that we do not know all the ways of our elder brother and wayshower or our father...

all is good, has to be.

yes and much much more.

the same spirit created the entire universe and everything in it is living inside of me right now :)

at least it is not separate or of some magical place

at least jesus lives when observed honestly as it seems to misrepresent, simply reduces the transcendance of knowledge, the gifts he LEFT us.

he lives in what he did

we live with his contributions upon our minds

as the truth 'evolves' over time, until the pinnacle; when mankind comprehends its existence (within God).

so where is Jesus right now ?

in heaven as a reigning king in Gods heavenly kingdom, as the bible informs us .:)

bust busy busy doing the will of his Father.
Daniel 7;13-14 He has been given great aurthority

Jesus is not who Daniel is about................

I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One.

And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him. His rulership is an indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin.DANIEL 7;13-14

THE SON OF MAN IS JESUS

its all in the bible about JESUS . and its all happening in the last days .:)

DANIEL 12;4 true knowledge is NOW abundant

Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man.
John 3;13

yes the son of man is JESUS , And the ancient of days(JEHOVAH) has GIVEN him great aurthority:)

He was GODS SON as his father JEHOVAH said .

Luke 9;35

And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: "This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him.

yes the most high JEHOVAH sent his son to the earth,JOHN 3;16-17 and Jesus certainly does play a very very big part in the outworking of Gods purpose for the earth.

I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One.

And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him. His rulership is an indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin.DANIEL 7;13-14

then can you show where any of that exists right now?

Did jesus have rulership on this earth? NO

Did all mankind serve god during jesus' time? NO

Is jesus who daniel was speaking about? NO

So you can believe as you wish but inside, you know the truth.

As well you can convey what ever you wish and will live in what you do.

me personally, i pity none who choose bad (selfishness/deception) over good (support life/truth)

it seems each will know when the time is for them to know..........

My opinion is Jesus is not 'almighty god'............and each can make their own choices, just as was written.

[/font]

My opinion is Jesus is not 'almighty god'............and each can make their own choices, just as was written.

correct :)Jesus is not Almighty God. that is what the bible REALLY teaches.

correct :)Jesus is not Almighty God. that is what the bible REALLY teaches.

as well, the prophecies of Daniel have nothng to do with jesus, because the items that were said to become have not occured.

clear representation is Good!:D

as well, the prophecies of Daniel have nothng to do with jesus, because the items that were said to become have not occured.

would that make me a witness too?

its all happening in the last days
:)
Daniel 7;13-14

Back