Plethora of pointless posts

Netti-Netti

Reaction score
Of late I've noticed an increase in the number posts that have no other apparent purpose than to take up space. A lot of them are actually the same pointless post over and over again.

Also, some new members are either real persons who've spent the last 5 years spamming the Internet with some simpleminded right wing talking points or they're someone who adopted someone else's online identity for the purpose of trolling this forum.

Do forum members like all these pointless postings because they're just good fun? I doubt it: most of them generate no response.

I suspect most outsiders passing through here would wonder about the purpose of a forum that's being routinely wastelanded with garbage posts day after day. Even potentially interesting threads are being trashed with repetitive nonsense interspersed with lame personal insults.

Moreover, whatever impression outsiders they may have of a poster's sincerity, it's offset by the fact that the person posting to this forum is apparently not interested enough in the subject matter to spend 10 minutes researching it.

I wonder if this is the direction the forum owner and its moderators want to go in.

Thanks for your interest!

You may send me a pm if you wish to name names....

Am I one of them?

Now I agree in part. But on the flip side many threads are like conversations, they go off on tangents and then come back, and sometime the tangents lead to fertile ground.

lmao, who are you to decide "pointless posts"?

And as will says.... A thread is a conversation..... People add apart of themself into a post...

If as you say the owner wanted to go in that direction where there is some bs nazi regime and you can ONLY speak if it is 100% on topic, this place would suck, and you would have no "community" feel to the place....

Please send a PM to both I, Brian and to me, too, with names/links to the posts you're talking about.

I hope I'm not one of the people you're talking about. :eek:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

arent we all so paranoid... I was wondering if I was one of the guilty ones as well..

But honestly I think I know a few of the names... :)

I thought it was kind of amusing to watch two moderators like "Is it me?? Am I one???!!" lol.... I on the other hand couldn't care if I were seen by someone to give pointless posts. I think everyone thinks someone's posts is pointless... Then again I guess there maybe a few people that see point to everything... Which is good.

Pointless posts!! Sorry but you have to be specific. I see other people here calling for censorship of that with which they do not agree. And I see concerted effort to hound out certain posters too, because they are willing to give as good as they get. The posts I have observed calling for censorship are exclusively from the Muslim contingent. Which is why any lover of freedom should think hard about the threat Islam poses to them. I have seen you lock horns with the Zionist apologist in chief here, Resigned, and whilst I vehemently disagree with his take on the issues I would call his silencing cynical and shameful.

The posts I have observed calling for censorship are exclusively from the Muslim contingent. Which is why any lover of freedom should think hard about the threat Islam poses to them.

err... excuse me... which Muslims would that be?

I only asked Resigned to tone down his morbid sense of humor regarding
events which resulted in the death of many civilians (9/11 for example).
I did not ask for him to be censored. I haven't even reported any of his
posts.

And I see concerted effort to hound out certain posters too, because they are willing to give as good as they get.
LOL, you are not actually trying to pretend like you can give as good
as you have gotten
, now are ya? You practically ran away from every
engagement so far between us. Want me to list the threads specifically?

I have seen you lock horns with the Zionist apologist in chief here, Resigned,
Netti has every right to complain of Mr. Resigned's behavior of late.
I personally would not support his censorship, as this is not an atheistic
forum, (this sort of thing happens on the Dawkins board a lot I hear).

But the way Resigned has just ignored all the objections to his points
and keeps repeating them... that is just creepy.

err... excuse me... which Muslims would that be?

I only asked Resigned to tone down his morbid sense of humor regarding
events which resulted in the death of many civilians (9/11 for example).
I did not ask for him to be censored. I haven't even reported any of his
posts.
Ironic humour is a valid and potent way of representing an idea. I think your objection was not to any "morbidness" but because he made a post you just could not provide a counter argument to. It was also noted that you happily gloated over your role in the banning of Tao and continue to goad and cajole other members into personal vitriol. Safe behind a keyboard of course.

LOL, you are not actually trying to pretend like you can give as good
as you have gotten
, now are ya? You practically ran away from every
engagement so far between us. Want me to list the threads specifically?
Heil Uber Narcissist! Now once you clear the 5hit from your eyes (because of your head being rammed so deep up your own arse) you can say what you want, think what you want and spend as much time alone in bed as you want but once you get past your invective you have nothing to say of ANY value. You have dodged every difficult question I ever saw put to you.

Netti has every right to complain of Mr. Resigned's behavior of late.
I personally would not support his censorship, as this is not an atheistic
forum, (this sort of thing happens on the Dawkins board a lot I hear).

But the way Resigned has just ignored all the objections to his points
and keeps repeating them... that is just creepy.
Netti sometimes makes posts I agree with, sometimes not. Same goes for Resigned. In fact if any poster on this forum is guilty of returning to a meaningless point of insubstance again and again and again in order to confuse or distract it is Netti. And I believe it to be a deliberate tactic too. Like I say there is a strong tradition of censorship as a tactic of Muslim totaltarianism, I see it amply displayed here.
This is not an atheist site, what the hell is that meant to mean? You are only aloud here if you believe in things you cannot see?

Ironic humour is a valid and potent way of representing an idea. I think your objection was not to any "morbidness" but because he made a post you just could not provide a counter argument to.

lol... he has not responded to a single one of my objections akshully

It was also noted that you happily gloated over your role in the banning of Tao and continue to goad and cajole other members into personal vitriol. Safe behind a keyboard of course.
Dude, what are you talking about? I didn't even know he was
banned until like two weeks later. You think I cared enough to get him banned?
And what "role"??? You think it was some conspiracy? Dude.. you give that guy
waaaaay to much credit.

He just got banned cuz he was a pest I imagine. nothing more.
There are many others who share his views but are not banned.
He got banned cuz of the way you are talking here:

Heil Uber Narcissist! Now once you clear the 5hit from your eyes (because of your head being rammed so deep up your own arse) you can say what you want, think what you want and spend as much time alone in bed as you want but once you get past your invective you have nothing to say of ANY value. You have dodged every difficult question I ever saw put to you.
hmmm... interesting... "arse" "5****".... those are words Tao
was very fond of... maybe faithfulservant is right... anyways,
if you are Tao, welcome back :) if not, you two share much in common ;)

btw, which question of yours did I dodge exactly?
What about all of my replies to you that you ran away from?
They are still there, you can go back and answer them if you wish.

Netti sometimes makes posts I agree with, sometimes not. Same goes for Resigned. In fact if any poster on this forum is guilty of returning to a meaningless point of insubstance again and again and again in order to confuse or distract it is Netti. And I believe it to be a deliberate tactic too. Like I say there is a strong tradition of censorship as a tactic of Muslim totaltarianism, I see it amply displayed here.
This is not an atheist site, what the hell is that meant to mean? You are only aloud here if you believe in things you cannot see?
I was comparing it to the censorship that happens on
the Richard Dawkin's board, from what I have heard from
Enlightenment.

Like I say there is a strong tradition of censorship as a tactic of Muslim totaltarianism, I see it amply displayed here.
Reframing a debate in political/ideologically motivated terms when the issue has to do with truth/evidence is a rhetorical ploy and a distraction. It's a "deliberate tactic." So is casting aspersions and insulting the opposition.

Have a great day.

Reframing a debate in political/ideologically motivated terms when the issue has to do with truth/evidence is a rhetorical ploy and a distraction. It's a "deliberate tactic." So is casting aspersions and insulting the opposition.

Have a great day.
The point is I only see Muslims calling for censorship. Just as Islamic pressure groups, that allow hate-filled propaganda to festoon their bookshops, put pressure on the UK Home Office to ban an elected Dutch MP entry today into the UK to voice freedom of speech. It is absolutely typical in Islam.... silence all dissent. Yet demand the right to spread your own hate.

The point is I only see Muslims calling for censorship. Just as Islamic pressure groups, that allow hate-filled propaganda to festoon their bookshops, put pressure on the UK Home Office to ban an elected Dutch MP entry today into the UK to voice freedom of speech. It is absolutely typical in Islam.... silence all dissent. Yet demand the right to spread your own hate.
I would say that fascism is a more accurate term for the calling of censorship and the suppression of dissenting speech. Not all fascists are Muslims, nor are all Muslims fascists.

I would say that fascism is a more accurate term for the calling of censorship and the suppression of dissenting speech.
In right wing discourse the ommision of essential detail is a form of censorship because it involves attempts to control/limit information, shape people's perceptions, and prejudice people's conclusions. So are right wingers "fascists"?

I don't see Censorship as being limited to actively supressing dissent. It can also take the form of a selective use of evidence. Example: books that present only one side of the story are in effect censoring alternate views. The censorship is less reconizable because it does not involve forcible suppression (e.g., book burnings).

In right wing discourse the ommision of essential detail is a form of censorship because it involves attempts to control/limit information, shape people's perceptions, and prejudice people's conclusions. So are right wingers "fascists"?

I don't see Censorship as being limited to actively supressing dissent. It can also take the form of a selective use of evidence. Example: books that present only one side of the story are in effect censoring alternate views. The censorship is less reconizable because it does not involve forcible suppression (e.g., book burnings).
Well then, you are now entering into the realm of peoples' minds:
from dictionary.com
cen⋅sor

<...>
5. (in early Freudian dream theory) the force that represses ideas, impulses, and feelings, and prevents them from entering consciousness in their original, undisguised forms.
Methinks this very phenomenon was brought up as a point of discussion in the very thread to which your opening post was referring to...;)

Of late I've noticed an increase in the number posts that have no other apparent purpose than to take up space. A lot of them are actually the same pointless post over and over again.

Also, some new members are either real persons who've spent the last 5 years spamming the Internet with some simpleminded right wing talking points or they're someone who adopted someone else's online identity for the purpose of trolling this forum.

Do forum members like all these pointless postings because they're just good fun? I doubt it: most of them generate no response.

But Netti, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Perhaps it is perspective, but I see a lot more simpleminded *left* wing talking points trashed around as if they were of any real value... ;) :D

"Stupid is as stupid does."

"A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." -Roald Dahl

Unless you may be suggesting the ladies may not be so humorously inclined? In my experience, that's just not so. Among others; Seattlegal and Path of One both have biting wits. Humor (in suitable proportion and in proper perspective) is a sign *of* intelligence, not a lack thereof.

Back