Can we bargain with God ?

S

soleil10

Many times, we try to find the easiest ways and dodge the difficult jobs. Sometimes we even bargain with heaven, saying, "All right, God, I'll do this if You will give me that."

That is not right since We owe an incredible debt to God yet we never speak about paying back all that we owe Him.

Do you think that if we do not quite have the heart to meet the standard of God but have a repentant heart, God will not criticize us but will be moved and sympathetic with us ?

I think this question is very similar to your earlier question, "who judges us when we die".

The answer that you gave, and one I agreed with applies here too: it's not God we are really appealing to, it is our own self.

If we truly do not have the will to meet a standard but have a repentant and compassionate heart then we can forgive ourselves for our failure.

What do "we" owe god?

Your Life itself, your parents, your brothers and sisters, everthing good in the world, your free will, your intelligence,your unique gifts,your good friends, His love for you,the sunrise in the morning, the whole creation. It is endless....etc...

God gives everthing and forget

ok, now we've done the what, now comes the; Why do "we" owe god?

OK, If someone has given me all of what I have mentioned on the list and more, I naturally have the desire to return and give back to him. In addition when the One who gave us everything had been betrayed by His own children who went on a separate course that He had planned for them and made a mess of everything.

Still God has been waiting in anguish and great suffering trying to get His precious children back. He is pure love and the motivation for his creation is love. No one can experience love alone.

Because of that, we owe Him even more. He has never abandoned us.

Since we are God, we don't owe anything to anybody but ourselves.

The cells in our body aren't ourselves, but we are the collective of those cells.

We are a part of God, just as my skin cell is a part of me.

Everything is a part God, separation is a delusion.

The cells in our body aren't ourselves, but we are the collective of those cells.

We are a part of God, just as my skin cell is a part of me.

Everything is a part God, separation is a delusion.

Lol sounds like Star Trek TNG... the Collective = The BORG.. AHH :)

You did not answer my question. Did you create your ownself by yourself ?

I'm sorry, I thought I answered.

I don't remember. Honestly, I don't.

But then, that shouldn't be too surprising.

I don't remember anything prior to the age of four.

But I'm pretty sure I existed then too. ;)

I'm sorry, I thought I answered.
I don't remember. Honestly, I don't. But then, that shouldn't be too surprising. I don't remember anything prior to the age of four.
But I'm pretty sure I existed then too. ;)

Is your purpose to waste other people's time ?

Back