Controversial BBC + Discovery Channel documentaries on Jesus (pbuh) >>in Kashmir<<

c0de

Vassal
Reaction score
BBC 4 Documentary: Did Jesus Die on the Cross?

[EDIT I've taken out the Discovery documentary, cuz I havent seen it all yet, and I dont think it is about the Kashmir theory, I thought it was because of the title "lost tomb"]

-------------------------------------------------------

The information presented in here basically states that Jesus PBUH survived the crucifixion, (was not lifted to heaven), and traveled to Kashmir and preached to the lost tribes of Israel (who he apparently found in Kashmir), he lived there until 80 CE, died and is buried in Srinagar, under the name Yuz Asuf ("The healer").

This will be offensive to most Christians who base their religion on the divinity of Christ. But remember these ideas aren't well received by most Muslims either who think Jesus PBUH is alive in heaven right now and will return. These findings conflict with Christianity AND mainstream Muslim beliefs, based in the hadith (but not the Quran, which actually supports them)

Re: Controversial BBC + Discovery Channel documentaries on Jesus (pbuh) >>in Kashmir<

Even if he were exhumed, how would we know definitively that it is him?

None of this ever really affects me. But I've always been more tied to the teachings of Jesus than to the storyline.

Re: Controversial BBC + Discovery Channel documentaries on Jesus (pbuh) >>in Kashmir<

Fascinating. Thank you for sharing that c0de.

These are exactly the discussions that will release Christianity from its blind traditions and Jesus from its cross.

I've seen something similar years and years ago think it might be the same documentary. Very interesting..

Code do you happen to know what language the subtitles are? I'm guessing Arabic?

you would think that exhumation would have occurred by now eh?

Nope I would imagine there'd be no way an exhumation would be allowed by officals. It would be considered highly disrespectful.

Seems like everyone wants a piece of Jesus.

If you want to know the truth of Jesus Christ then read the Bible and ask Jesus to reveal the truth to you :)

He is still alive and well and running a fairground ride in Skegness.

Even if he were exhumed, how would we know definitively that it is him?

None of this ever really affects me. But I've always been more tied to the teachings of Jesus than to the storyline.

if the bones showed damage [ie in the hands]?

@ Native

pfft... "exhumations" ?? ye have little faith !! Wildly fantastic suggestions are good enuff 4 me :)

@ CZ

You're most welcome :)

@ PM

That would be Urdu, the national language of Pakistan

--------------------------------------------------------------

What I am wondering is if there is any text traceable back to this person "Yuz Asuf". I read something about his preachings which the locals called "Bushra" (basically translates into "gospel"). But I haven't been able to find any actual text on the web. I suspect the locals would have something... That Kashmiri elder in the documentary did mention something about the "local histories" of the area which contain more information of this person. Maybe there is even a text in Kashmir which can be carbon dated back to the 1st century!! :eek:

Seems like I have found a clue on my quest to locate a text traceable back to Jesus PBUH himself... Step aside Vatican City!! Time for Shangrila to become my prime target!! ... hmmm... I am almost a little disappointed... cuz now I don't get to infiltrate the Church Libraries like a stealthy ninja ... now i gotta be like indiana jones??? what a jip :(

The question remains, however, that if Jesus didn't die, why would He have left His disciples to fend for themselves? Seems rather cowardly to leave them in such a jam. Why would He have faked His death only to have all His followers believe He resurrected and start the Christian movement? And if it wasn't His intention to be presented as a martyr for the sins of the people, why didn't He show up and tell them what really happened? Why would He allow His disciples to be led to believe that He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven?

Speaking of the ascension, while there are question concerning whether it appears after the original form. The video suggests it was a later addition. However, if we take into account that Paul's letters were written before the Gospel's, there is adequate evidence that Jesus did ascend.

Moreover, why is it difficult to believe Jesus ascended when Islam teaches that Muhammed ascended as well?

Hey Dondi

The question remains, however, that if Jesus didn't die, why would He have left His disciples to fend for themselves?

Moses (pbuh) was ordered to do the same. (And he wasn't even condemned to death).

Seems rather cowardly to leave them in such a jam.
Well, to be fair, wasn't he betrayed by one of them?? (bad apples, I know)

Why would He have faked His death only to have all His followers believe He resurrected and start the Christian movement?
But the documentary is making the case that the idea of "resurrection" in the supernatural sense, came about later.

And if it wasn't His intention to be presented as a martyr for the sins of the people, why didn't He show up and tell them what really happened?
(lol) So he could get crucified again? doesn't seem like a good idea dude. Besides, if he did leave, it must have been due to a divine command anyway..

Why would He allow His disciples to be led to believe that He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven?
Well, firstly, I am pretty sure St Paul, was not a diciple of Jesus PBUH. Secondly, if this alternative version of history is correct, then his actual disciples would not have believed in his ascension. AFAIK, no text has ever been traced back directly to any of the disciples.

Speaking of the ascension, while there are question concerning whether it appears after the original form. The video suggests it was a later addition. However, if we take into account that Paul's letters were written before the Gospel's, there is adequate evidence that Jesus did ascend.
See above.

Moreover, why is it difficult to believe Jesus ascended when Islam teaches that Muhammed ascended as well?
Another problem with mainstream interpretations. The Quran clearly says that ascension of the Prophet was a vision, but most Muslims still think it was a literal ascension.

I was thinking about this and you know whats kinda funny? (I am sorry if this is a little offensive but think about it) Both the first AND the last Prophets to the Jews were both like, "Thats it!!! I'm outta here!!!" (lol) ... I mean, maybe all their problems with rebellion, were just latent abandonment issues yea??? I mean the jews were prolly like "hey... what r we like chopped liver??"

^^ I already offended the Xtians and the Muslims... i guess i figured what the hell? make it a hat-trick

lol

I've seen a documentary like this on the history channel going back some years ago, it even covered Christianity's connections with Buddhism.

if the bones showed damage [ie in the hands]?

Lots of people were crucified. It was a choice execution method of the day.

And wasn't he called Yeshua back then? I don't think he was the only person with his name.

Back