What is the Kingdom of Heaven on earth ?

S

soleil10

Do yo have a definition of what the Kingdom of Heaven on earth is ?

How would you describe in a few words what the Kingdom of Heaven on earth is ?

Look neither high nor lo....

You are here my brother.

Tis all a matter of perspective....

This could be heaven or this could be hell....your choice....its all good or evil reigns...your choice....

Do yo have a definition of what the Kingdom of Heaven on earth is ?

How would you describe in a few words what the Kingdom of Heaven on earth is ?

Perfect harmony I think - Where love reigns in the heart of all people. Yeah, the 'world' is far from it, but I suspect there are some who allow Christ to rule from within ...

From a Christian perspective, the first point is ... we don't know.

As the answers above indicate, all we can do is make guesses based on what we know, or what we'd like, somewhat akin to Dr. Pangloss' satire on the Enlightenment in Voltaire's Candide "all is for the best in the best of all possible worlds".

Of course, a study of Scripture gives general clues, but the best we can discern is that what will be lies beyond our limited powers of comprehension, so really all speculation is idle, until the day.

Thomas

Based on Genesis in the bible (before the human fall), the Kingdom of Heaven on earth is the extension of Ideal God centered families. Be fruitful, multiply and subdue the earth.
The human fall created the first dysfunctional family disconnected from God and we became divided between two masters, between good and evil.

Based on Genesis in the bible (before the human fall), the Kingdom of Heaven on earth is the extension of Ideal God centered families. Be fruitful, multiply and subdue the earth.
The human fall created the first dysfunctional family disconnected from God and we became divided between two masters, between good and evil.
"If any one comes to me without hating his father 7 and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

While he (Jesus) yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother. (Matthew 12:46-50)

"If any one comes to me without hating his father 7 and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.
While he (Jesus) yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother. (Matthew 12:46-50)
Will, you are writing from a post human fall's point of view where we have to be reborn a new, cut from our fallen lineage and be regrafted to the tree of life.

That is why I wrote "before the human fall" and "Ideal God centered family." God's has not changed His will an plan for His creation to build the Kingdom of Heaven on earth because of the human fall.

Jesus was the first one to subdue Satan and showed us the way. He was the first God's centered man and filial son but was not able to build the first God's centered family because he was killed.

Even when God abandoned him on the cross, Jesus stayed loyal to his Father. In the same way God still loved Adam unconditionally when he abandoned Him, Jesus showed unconditional obedience when God abandoned him. Through this, He restored Adam's betrayal and was victorious.

Jesus own physical family rejected him and even thought he was crasy. They should have been one with him. What Jesus said is very appropriate within the context he found himself.

Jesus as the messiah for humanity had to love mankind before his own physical family in the same way Abel had to love and win Cain.
Abel was killed but Jacob succeeded in winning Esau's heart who initialy wanted to kill him.
Restoration follows a specific formula to reverse the process of the fall

Jeremiah 31
27 "The days are coming"—[this is] the LORD's declaration—"when I will sow the house of Israel (AA) and the house of Judah with the seed of man and the seed of beast. 28 Just as I watched over them to uproot and to tear them down, to demolish and to destroy, and to cause disaster, so will I be attentive to build and to plant them," (AB) says the LORD. 29 "In those days, it will never again be said:
The fathers have eaten sour grapes,
and the children's teeth are set on edge. (AC) 30 Rather, each will die for his own wrongdoing. (AD) Anyone who eats sour grapes—his own teeth will be set on edge.

The New Covenant

31 "Look, the days are coming"—[this is] the LORD's declaration—"when I will make a new covenant (AE) with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. 32 [This one will] not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt—a covenant they broke even though I had married them" (AF) —the LORD's declaration. 33 "Instead, this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days"—the LORD's declaration. "I will place My law [i] within them and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be My people. 34 No longer will one teach his neighbor or his brother, saying: Know the LORD, (AG) for they will all know Me, from the least to the greatest of them"—the LORD's declaration. "For I will forgive their wrongdoing (AH) and never again remember their sin." (AI)​

Based on Genesis in the bible (before the human fall), the Kingdom of Heaven on earth is the extension of Ideal God centered families.

Hm, are Adam and Eve described as having gone through a marriage ceremony and clearly married before the fall? For some reason I don't seem to remember reading that?

Be fruitful, multiply and subdue the earth.

Sounds like fornication to me. :)

Hm, are Adam and Eve described as having gone through a marriage ceremony and clearly married before the fall? For some reason I don't seem to remember reading that?
Sorry my wording was not very clear. What I meant is that if A&E had not fallen, their union would have been blessed by God. Their children would have been born in the gaden without the original sin. God will have dwell in their family and the Kingdom of Heaven and Earth would have naturally come from the extension of their family. There would not have been a need for a Messiah and religion...etc

Gen 1:28 would have been realized

Maybe Heaven is an attitude (a key), that opens a door to wonderful things. Hell could also be an attitude that opens a door to terrible things.

If energy for example (which we know is all around us, in us, through us at all times), is neither good nor bad, just is, but our attitude is of one position or another, the energy could manifest in such a manner that reflects our attitude.

Case in point: I go to work, and am full of cheer, so the world looks particularly bright and vibrant. But when I get into the office, I meet someone with a very negative demeanor, I can sense some of my cheer dissipate. On the other hand, if I refuse to allow for the negative to diminish my positive thoughts and feelings, and instead pour on the good stuff mentally and emotionally, I notice that the one in a sour mood, starts to lighten up.

Just a thought.

v/r

Q

Back