As Salaamu Alaykum!

Amir Shi'i

Quiet Observer
Reaction score
Hello, everyone!
I just found this forum a couple of days ago and I find the topics here absolutely fascinating! As my moniker indicates, I am a Muslim of the Shi'a group.:) I said my Shahada about two weeks before Ramadan began this year and am still learning from as many sources as I can find. I draw guidance from the His Eminence the Grand Ayatollah Fadlallah (I would call him my Majra, or mentor), who's fairly moderate in his views and logical in his conclusions.He interprets Islamic Law in a very straightforward fashion.
I still love learning more about other faiths, though and I'm greatly looking forward to some lively discussions here!:D

as salam aleykum Brother and welcome to the forum.

Masha'allah on your conversion and Ramadan Kareem .. what a great time to convert so you can enjoy the Holy month.

It will be interesting to read your views and those of Grand Ayatollah Fadlallah, as I am never exposed to Shi'a views (other than reading websites).

I converted almost 5 years ago so would love to hear how your studies are going and your experiences of converting in a Western country.

Thank you all so much for your wonderful welcomes!:)
Sister Muslimwoman, the teachings and fatawa of His Eminence Fadlallah can be found here: english.bayynat.org
Alhamdulillah, my mother and wife have been most supportive of me in my conversion and the masjid here is filled with most supportive brothers and sisters! I've never been to such a welcoming place.:)

I'm new here, too, Amir Shi'i and it's wonderful to "hear" the excitement in your voice about your conversion. It made my heart swell and gave me a smile.

So, hello! :)

Back