what is better

L

lover454

To bury the spell or throw the spell to the wind? Or it doesnt matter. I know many people throw the ashes to the wind, but I dont like using anything with fire. So what I am talking about is you type the words to the spell (maybe using clip art) print out the spell then recite it, would you bury the piece of paper with the spell on it or would you throw it to the wind (let it blow away).

To bury the spell or throw the spell to the wind? Or it doesnt matter. I know many people throw the ashes to the wind, but I dont like using anything with fire. So what I am talking about is you type the words to the spell (maybe using clip art) print out the spell then recite it, would you bury the piece of paper with the spell on it or would you throw it to the wind (let it blow away).
The truth is one speaks out loud. The energy expelled is much stronger than any other. The paper means nothing. But the Heart and soul behind the spell means everything...

I did a sweat lodge thing one time. As part of the preparation, and under the guidance of the presiding Lakota shaman, I made a prayer tie out of bits of colored cloth with tobacco tied up into them. At the time I felt that the intention I put into the selection of the colors and order of the the ties and the actions involved in producing the artifact were what was important, and I didn't really care about what happened to the thing after the ceremony. I could have burned it, or buried it, but I decided to hang it from a mesquite bush and let it disintegrate naturally. I liked the idea of the elements gradually reducing it, and birds picking at it or using the materials for whatever, etc.

Chris

I did a sweat lodge thing one time. As part of the preparation, and under the guidance of the presiding Lakota shaman, I made a prayer tie out of bits of colored cloth with tobacco tied up into them. At the time I felt that the intention I put into the selection of the colors and order of the the ties and the actions involved in producing the artifact were what was important, and I didn't really care about what happened to the thing after the ceremony. I could have burned it, or buried it, but I decided to hang it from a mesquite bush and let it disintegrate naturally. I liked the idea of the elements gradually reducing it, and birds picking at it or using the materials for whatever, etc.

Chris
I did the same, on an Island called Mog Mog (Ulithi). The chiefs were powerful and yet gracious...

So in a way every one is agreeing with what I asked. It really is up to the individual to do it the way they want. No set way.

[SIZE=+1]Use the Scientific approach!

"But my Totem saw the shame; from his ridgepole-shrine he came,
And he told me in a vision of the night: -
"There are nine and sixty ways of constructing tribal lays,
"And every single one of them is right!" - R.Kipling "In the Neolithic Age"
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Back