The truth about Trinity

You must be a true believer. John is at best an allegorical tale, even if it gives us some good near-eyewitness testimony about Jerusalem and the Cruxifiction.

I esp believe that 1.5 is a later addition (as do many others).

As for the beginning of John. I and my Father are one. Does that make me part of the Trinity?

I am not being facetious here. There are many Christians who do not take all the canon literally and who believe that some modern textual criticisms (like the Jesus Seminar) are as valid a reason for belief as the word of Philo (used to justify the acceptance of the Septuagint as a good translation). And some who believe that there is a bit of God in each of us that speaks directly to us.

Pax et amor vincunt omnia, radarmark

You must be a true believer

icon14.gif

Amica

reputation_pos.gif

Re: The truth about Trinity
Sorry about the red color. I agree with all of the statements I mentioned in my post. But, I must admit that I did paste copy them from my computer--

So you spend a lot of time reposting that stuff eh? Jesus was the Messiah (hence the "Christ" Jesus title for Him).

Jesus was God in the flesh

John.1

[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[2] The same was in the beginning with God.
[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
[4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

John.10

[30] I and my Father are one.

1John.5

1. [7] For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

:confused:Is this same topic being posted multiple times?
http://www.interfaith.org/forum/the-truth-about-trinity-13981.html

Lets blow a trumpet here and state the facts. From the original text it originally said In the beginning was the word and the word was with the CREASTOR(s). The texts have been changed to only express the male aspect.

Trinity... hmmm interesting concept, but as old as the world. It is not unique to Christianity. Was Jesus divine? I personally do not believe so, and some of my reasons are:

1) Adam had no human parents, yet we all understand that he was not divine--just a human. Yet, Jesus had one human parent, and somehow he was raised to a 'divine' status.
2) Jesus prays to God. Why? If he is divine, why does he need someone else's help?
3) Jesus speaks of God as separate from himself, such as: "“But from the beginning of the creation God made them males and females, ..." He does not state 'I made them males and females' which would be a logical statement if he were divine.
4) Can God be unclean? God says: “how can he be clean that is born of a woman?–(Job 25:4). So, Jesus was not clean/pure like God, therefore he was not divine.
5) Jesus said “…I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but He sent me”–(John 8:42. This statement by Jesus clearly and conclusively shows that Jesus is NOT God and could NOT be God!). That Jesus “proceeded forth and came from God” is not restricted to Jesus. Everything in creation “proceeded forth and came from God,” from light to the heavens and earth and all vegetation and creatures–(Gen. 1:1-31; 2:1-25); and God said to the prophet Jeremiah: BEFOREI formed thee in the belly I knew thee…”–(Jer. 1:5). Everyone of us “proceeded forth and came from God.” Everything –past, present, and future– exists in the knowledge of God: this is what makes Him Omniscient. (As already noted; whereas Luke 1:35 states that Jesus shall be “called” “SON” of God, Isaiah 7:14 and Matthew 1:23 state that Jesus is named Emmanuel, i.e.GOD” with us.” Clearly, Jesus could not be “SON” of God and yet be GOD and yet “proceeded FROM GOD"!)
6) If Jesus was God because he said “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last” (though he also said “I am the root and the offspring of David”–(Rev. 22:13, 16); then Melchisedec also must be God–and even greater then Jesus as Jesus had a mother at least–for Melchisedec was “Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually”–(Hebrews 7:1, 3).
7) If the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one, Elisabeth could not be filled with the Holy Ghost as the Holy Ghost was in Mary’s womb, and was also with Zaccharias–(Luke 1:41-43, 67).
8) If Jesus was God, God would have led himself into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil–(Matt. 4:1).
9) If Jesus was God he would have the attributes of God, such as “Omniscience” and “Omnipotence” and Omnipresence which he clearly had not.
10) God said that Jesus is His son–(Matt. 3:17; Heb. 5:5), Jesus could not be God; a person cannot be both himself and his son.
11) If the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one, when the Son was killed all three of them died; and as all three died, Jesus could not have been resurrected because the dead cannot resurrect itself. Since all three died the universe is without a God (?).
12) Jesus made it clear that he is not God when he says (Matt. 19:17; Mark 10:18): “Why callest thou me good? there is NONEgood but one, that is GOD.” Jesus not only denies that he is God, he also denies that he is good.

There are so many misconceptions about divinity. Divine beings are not male and female as ONE divine body. There is always two who are opposites one male and one female that even though are TWO are also ONE as well. It amazes me when they label beings as sexless or a oneness of the two sexes as an idividual body. Even if a body has more complex anatomy there is always and opposite. As far as the last quote being in the human body subjects someone to human weaknesses until the body is taken up to its prehuman existance. I am so tired of all of the childish views on divnity, look around , the only difference between now and the original condtion is that no one is one with thier opposite, halfs walking around trying to find it.

There are so many misconceptions about divinity. Divine beings are not male and female as ONE divine body. There is always two who are opposites one male and one female that even though are TWO are also ONE as well. It amazes me when they label beings as sexless or a oneness of the two sexes as an idividual body. Even if a body has more complex anatomy there is always and opposite. As far as the last quote being in the human body subjects someone to human weaknesses until the body is taken up to its prehuman existance. I am so tired of all of the childish views on divnity, look around , the only difference between now and the original condtion is that no one is one with thier opposite, halfs walking around trying to find it.

Problems occur : What about the other half The mother, The daughter and The holy spirit. This refers to the females.
Women .

Donnann, have you ever read Plato? Look up his symposium and Aristophenes, and you will find an interesting "Myth of the Fall". Men and women were one (back to back if I remember correctly) and the gods disliked this, so they separated us into the two forms we have now.

If you really believe what you write above, why the homophobia? Is it because you long for the "pre-Fall" days or because your religion tell you so or is it some other reason altogether?

Your Friend, radarmark

Hi Amica —

Trinity... hmmm interesting concept, but as old as the world. It is not unique to Christianity.
Actually, I'll think you'll find the traditional Christian understanding of the Trinity is unique. It's not based on agrarian or cosmological determinations, as most, if not all, other triune systems are.

Was Jesus divine? I personally do not believe so, and some of my reasons are:
Your objections can, and have, been answered:
1) Adam had no human parents, yet we all understand that he was not divine--just a human. Yet, Jesus had one human parent, and somehow he was raised to a 'divine' status.
Adam is of a single, human, created, nature.
Jesus is the unity of (a created) human nature, and the (uncreated) divine nature. He was never 'raised' from one to the other — the Doctrine of the Incarnation explains this.

2) Jesus prays to God. Why? If he is divine, why does he need someone else's help?
As above.

3) Jesus speaks of God as separate from himself ...
As above.

4) Can God be unclean? God says: “how can he be clean that is born of a woman?–(Job 25:4). So, Jesus was not clean/pure like God, therefore he was not divine.
See Hebrew 4:14, Jude 1:24, Romans 5 and 6 ... also, the Doctrines of the Annunciation and the Immaculate Conceptions answers this.

Jesus said ... This statement by Jesus clearly and conclusively shows that Jesus is NOT God and could NOT be God!).
But that's one statement, not the whole text, nor is the statement considered in the context of the total evangelium. There are other statements (deeds and actions) which indicate that Jesus IS God, and could not be OTHER than God.

Everything in creation “proceeded forth and came from God,” from light to the heavens and earth and all vegetation and creatures–(Gen. 1:1-31; 2:1-25); and God said to the prophet Jeremiah: BEFORE I formed thee in the belly I knew thee…”–(Jer. 1:5). Everyone of us “proceeded forth and came from God.” Everything –past, present, and future– exists in the knowledge of God: this is what makes Him Omniscient. As already noted; whereas Luke 1:35 states that Jesus shall be “called” “SON” of God, Isaiah 7:14 and Matthew 1:23 state that Jesus is named Emmanuel, i.e. “GOD” with us.” Clearly, Jesus could not be “SON of God and yet be GOD and yet “proceeded FROM GOD"!
But Scripture also says He was before all creation (Colossians) and all creation exists in Him and by Him, and for Him (Colosians, Revelations and elsewhere) and even He says 'before creation was, I am' (cf John 8:58) ... so clearly He is God.
The terms 'Father' and 'Son' are relational terms, they do not describe a thing, but a relation.

The 'procession' of the Holy Trinity (Lt: circumincession, Gk: perichoreisis) is a sublime mystery explained ... and that 'procession', by the way, is unique to the Holy Trinity.

then Melchisedec also must be God – and even greater then Jesus as Jesus had a mother at least – for Melchisedec was “Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually”–(Hebrews 7:1, 3)
Perhaps Melchisedec is a prefigure of Christ ... ?

7) If the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one, Elisabeth could not be filled with the Holy Ghost as the Holy Ghost was in Mary’s womb, and was also with Zaccharias – (Luke 1:41-43, 67).
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are also three, but three or one, you cannot determine what or how the Holy Spirit can be, according to material things.

8) If Jesus was God, God would have led himself into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil – (Matt. 4:1).
The Incarnation again ... Here is one instance of the illuminative spiritual insight of the Fathers (informed by the Apostles) ... throughout Scripture, as your own comments show, there is an apparent dichotomy between the humanity and divinity of Christ, but here we see something of the triune life of the Trinity, in the the human person of Christ is led by the Holy Spirit here, as on other occasions.

It's also notable that although the devil and his demons know Christ is the Son of God, and refer to Him as such (whereas He never refers to Himself as such, nor do men, with equal certainty), the precise nature of this sonship was hidden even from them ... one of three secrets, according to Ignatius of Antioch, that the devil was unaware.

9) If Jesus was God he would have the attributes of God, such as “Omniscience” and “Omnipotence” and Omnipresence which he clearly had not.
The Mystery of the Incarnation explains that. The doctrine of kenosis does, also.

10) God said that Jesus is His son – (Matt. 3:17; Heb. 5:5), Jesus could not be God; a person cannot be both himself and his son.
'Person' in this context is an analogous term ... God is not a 'person' in the sense we commonly understand.

11) If the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one, when the Son was killed all three of them died;
But they are three ... either easy, the human person died, not the divine person, who cannot be killed.

12) Jesus made it clear that he is not God when he says (Matt. 19:17; Mark 10:18): “Why callest thou me good? there is NONE good but one, that is GOD.” Jesus not only denies that he is God, he also denies that he is good.
Does He? are you sure? To me the text leaves the question unanswered, Jesus asks 'why' but his respondent never answers.

I think this makes it clear that, without informed commentary, people tend to read into the text what they assume to find there.

God bless,

Thomas

The early christians did not believe in the Trinity. According to history, In year 325 A.D the trinity was establish in the Council of Nicea. This means that the Trinity was established 325 years after Jesus died. Therefore the trinity was not approved by God. and It was not approved by Jesus (because Jesus didn’t live while the trinity was established). The word trinity does not exist in the bible, and the formulation of the Trinity is not mentioned in the bible neither. Therefore trinity is based on falsehood and has nothing to do with the original teachings of christianity. And it is obvious that christianity has become distorted.

Most christians believe that Jesus was God’s son. If Jesus was God’s son, then when does he become God? Because if someone is a son, then he one day must become a father. As we can see, the belief that Jesus was the son of God, is illogical and it is based on falsehood. God can not have a son. God is not a human being. Only a human being can have a son. If God had a son, then it would exist two Gods. And that would be illogical. Therefore, when Jesus is described as God’s son in the bible, it should not be understood literally. The word son, in the bible, most likely have a symbolic meaning. In the bible, other persons are also described as the sons of God. For example, David is described as the Son of God in the bible (See Psalms 2:7).

Many christians even go as far claiming that Jesus was God. They claim that Jesus was God reincarnated. If Jesus was God, then why did christians believe that he died? As we know, God is immortal. But human beings die. So since Jesus died he could not have been immortal. Ergo, Jesus was not God. If Jesus was God, then why did he prayed to God? Does a god need to pray to a god? That would be completely illogical and absurd. The reason why Jesus prayed to God, was because he was a human being and needed help and support from God. In the bible, it says that Jesus prayed to God (see Matthew 26:39, Matthew 26:42, Matthew 26:44 and Luke 5:16).
There is not a single verse in the bible, where it says that Jesus is God. The christians who claim that Jesus is God, has misunderstood the whole christian religion. And they have ignored the original teachings of christianity. All messengers that came before Jesus were humans. So it makes no sense when people claim that Jesus was more than a human. Noah, Abraham, Jakob, Isak, Josef, Moses, and Muhammed were only humans. So Jesus was just a human, just like all of the other messengers.
Many people wonder when the doctrine of the Trinity began for the first time in our history. There were many doctrines of the Trinity in the past. But most likely the doctrine of a trinity was established for the first time in ancient Babylon. According to historians, this civilization flourished around 5000 years ago. Here is a list of the trinity gods of different religions:

Babylon: King, Prince and Queen.
Egyptian religion: Osiris, Horus and Isis.
Indian religion: Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.
Phoenician: Baal, Ashtoreth and Tammuz.
Greek religion: Zeus, Apollo and Hera.
Roman religion: Jupiter, Mars and Venus.
Christianity: The Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit.

The Trinity is a pagan doctrine taken from other religions, which became a part of Christianity. Trinity does not belong to the original teachings of Christianity. Those who established the Trinity in the Council of Nicaea 325 A.D were most likely inspired by pagan religions. As i mentioned earlier, the Trinity was established 325 years after Jesus died. Therefore the trinity was not approved by God. And It was not approved by Jesus (because Jesus didn’t live when the doctrine trinity was established).

Very nice thread Sensei, I so much agree with you that here is my share, not that you need any more than what you have built in this post of yours above. But for others to see how much I agree with you:

The Absolute Unity of God

Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labour.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibilitly of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be supperfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.

Ben

Very nice thread Sensei, I so much agree with you that here is my share, not that you need any more than what you have built in this post of yours above. But for others to see how much I agree with you:

The Absolute Unity of God

Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labour.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibilitly of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be supperfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.

Ben

Why couldnt god have a son? The earthly kingdom was created in the image of the heavenly one. Dont you know Michael is the firstborn son of the heavenly kingdom, adam the firstborn of the earthly one..not he same person.

The early christians did not believe in the Trinity. According to history, In year 325 A.D the trinity was establish in the Council of Nicea. This means that the Trinity was established 325 years after Jesus died. Therefore the trinity was not approved by God. and It was not approved by Jesus (because Jesus didn’t live while the trinity was established). The word trinity does not exist in the bible, and the formulation of the Trinity is not mentioned in the bible neither. Therefore trinity is based on falsehood and has nothing to do with the original teachings of christianity. And it is obvious that christianity has become distorted.

Most christians believe that Jesus was God’s son. If Jesus was God’s son, then when does he become God? Because if someone is a son, then he one day must become a father. As we can see, the belief that Jesus was the son of God, is illogical and it is based on falsehood. God can not have a son. God is not a human being. Only a human being can have a son. If God had a son, then it would exist two Gods. And that would be illogical. Therefore, when Jesus is described as God’s son in the bible, it should not be understood literally. The word son, in the bible, most likely have a symbolic meaning. In the bible, other persons are also described as the sons of God. For example, David is described as the Son of God in the bible (See Psalms 2:7).

Many christians even go as far claiming that Jesus was God. They claim that Jesus was God reincarnated. If Jesus was God, then why did christians believe that he died? As we know, God is immortal. But human beings die. So since Jesus died he could not have been immortal. Ergo, Jesus was not God. If Jesus was God, then why did he prayed to God? Does a god need to pray to a god? That would be completely illogical and absurd. The reason why Jesus prayed to God, was because he was a human being and needed help and support from God. In the bible, it says that Jesus prayed to God (see Matthew 26:39, Matthew 26:42, Matthew 26:44 and Luke 5:16).
There is not a single verse in the bible, where it says that Jesus is God. The christians who claim that Jesus is God, has misunderstood the whole christian religion. And they have ignored the original teachings of christianity. All messengers that came before Jesus were humans. So it makes no sense when people claim that Jesus was more than a human. Noah, Abraham, Jakob, Isak, Josef, Moses, and Muhammed were only humans. So Jesus was just a human, just like all of the other messengers.
Many people wonder when the doctrine of the Trinity began for the first time in our history. There were many doctrines of the Trinity in the past. But most likely the doctrine of a trinity was established for the first time in ancient Babylon. According to historians, this civilization flourished around 5000 years ago. Here is a list of the trinity gods of different religions:

Babylon: King, Prince and Queen.
Egyptian religion: Osiris, Horus and Isis.
Indian religion: Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.
Phoenician: Baal, Ashtoreth and Tammuz.
Greek religion: Zeus, Apollo and Hera.
Roman religion: Jupiter, Mars and Venus.
Christianity: The Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit.

The Trinity is a pagan doctrine taken from other religions, which became a part of Christianity. Trinity does not belong to the original teachings of Christianity. Those who established the Trinity in the Council of Nicaea 325 A.D were most likely inspired by pagan religions. As i mentioned earlier, the Trinity was established 325 years after Jesus died. Therefore the trinity was not approved by God. And It was not approved by Jesus (because Jesus didn’t live when the doctrine trinity was established).

Completely agree with you.

If Jesus was God and Jesus was crucified and died then who exactly was looking after the world from Friday afternoon till Sunday Morning and if Jesus was God and lying in his grave in the tomb who was it that rose him back to life if God was dead?

Makes no sense at all

The term 'Trinity' was coined by Tertullian long before Nicea, and it was his reference to established Christian doctrine.

The evidence is clear that Christians also rejected any association with pagan doctrines until well into the sixth century, so the arguments offered above don't reflect the writings nor doctrine of the time.

The term 'Trinity' was coined by Tertullian long before Nicea, and it was his reference to established Christian doctrine.

The evidence is clear that Christians also rejected any association with pagan doctrines until well into the sixth century, so the arguments offered above don't reflect the writings nor doctrine of the time.
The term trinity originally meant body soul and spirit.

Reject what you like. Graft is graft. The Tree of LIFE grows on.

Know Truth, Know Life

No truth ... no life.

;)

The term trinity originally meant body soul and spirit.
People like to make such declarations and equivalencies – that the Trinity is the same as the triunes of other religions is a most common misconception – but then the same people usually have no idea of the doctrine or its theology.

From the outset it has been declared that all subsequent 'determinations' of the Trinity are at best analogical – and today more often than not just inaccurate assumptions.

From the Metaphysical Bible Dictionary

Metaphysical meaning of Trinity (mbd)
Trinity.

God, threefold in Being.

Meta. The divine Trinity is known as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Metaphysically we understand these to refer to mind, idea, and expression, or thinker, thought, and action.

Man is also threefold--spirit, soul, and body; spirit relating to I AM, soul to consciousness (I am conscious), and body to manifestation (I appear).

From the Revealing Word
Metaphysical meaning of trinity (rw)
trinity--The religious terms for the trinity are Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The metaphysical terms are mind, idea, and expression.

Father is the source, origin, essence, root, creator of all. Son is that which proceeds from, is begotten of the Father, like Him in nature, and essentially all that the Father is. Holy Spirit is God's word in movement: the working, moving, breathing, brooding of Spirit, made known to men through revelation, inspiration, and guidance. The Holy Spirit is the Comforter who will bring all things to their remembrance.

The doctrine of the trinity is often a stumbling block, because we find it difficult to understand how three persons can be one. Three persons cannot be one, and theology will always be a mystery until theologians become metaphysicians.

God is the name of the all-encompassing Mind. Christ is the name of the all-loving Mind. Holy Spirit is the all-active manifestation. These three are one fundamental Mind in its three creative aspects.

From How I used Truth...Lesson 7, Annotation 9
What is meant by "the Godhead"?

9. The Godhead is another term for the Holy Trinity. It is the threefold nature of God, spoken of in religious terms as: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit (or Holy Ghost). Metaphysically explained, the terms used are: Mind, Idea, and Expression.

In the current Annotations for Lesson Eleven, Lessons in Truth, the three phases of the Godhead (or Holy Trinity) are outlined both religiously and metaphysically, but it is well to repeat and enlarge on that explanation: (See also How I Used Truth Lesson 5 Annotation 4 on "Holy Spirit).

1st phase of the 
Godhead, or Holy Trinity 2d phase of the Godhead, or Holy Trinity 3d phase of the Godhead, or Holy Trinity
God the Father God the Son God the Holy Spirit
This is God as Creator, Principle, First Cause, Origin, Source, Divine Mind, I AM THAT I AM. This is the perfect created offspring of God the Father; God's own image-likeness called by the names: Christ, I AM, Word of God, Logos, Seed of God, spiritual man, the Idea of Divine Mind. This is "God in movement" (Lessons in Truth 11:24); the Breath of God, breathing all the ideas of Mind into expression. This is why in the metaphysical explanation we say the Holy Spirit is Expression.
When we use the statement, "The nature of God is absolute good," we are describing the essence of the Godhead. When we say, "There is but one Presence and one Power," we are stating that the Godhead is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, unchangeable, unlimited.

The first chapter of Genesis opens with the words, "In the beginning God." This is God as Mind, as the Principle of all creation. The second verse states that "the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." Here we find Mind expressing as the Holy Spirit, moving into action. Charles Fillmore gives a very simple definition of this phase of the Godhead or Holy Trinity when he states in Jesus Christ Heals (Jesus Christ Heals 182) "the Holy Spirit is . . . the whole Spirit of God in action".

The second phase, "God the Son," is the Idea of Mind, into which the Holy Spirit breathes or expresses all that the Father-Mind is. As the Son is the Idea of Mind, so every form of creation is an idea of that same Mind moving into expression and manifestation by the creative power of God. Spiritual man is the image of God, the Christ, I AM. He has inherent within him all of the God nature and the power to release this essence through his being.

The Godhead or the fullness of the God nature is inherent in every human being. Manifest man's business is to discover and express this inner spiritual nature (spiritual man), and the ideas or qualities of which it is composed.

What occurs when an idea is "born" in our mind illustrates in some degree the activity of the Holy Trinity, or Godhead. Our mind (consciousness) with its capacity for thought conceives an idea. Before this idea can come forth into manifestation in some form, there has to be a "pressing-out" or expression of it. This usually takes more than just our thought-power. Often actual physical effort is required if we are to continue with an idea until it is a mental picture clear enough to be formed in the outer. This applies to all new inventions, to discoveries in science, and to all phases of progress in the human family.

The expression of the idea in all its details is comparable to the movement of the Holy Spirit in us. No idea of our mind could possibly come to fruition until we had, as it were, "breathed" into it the breath of life. In fact, for an idea to be made manifest all of our nature has to be put into it. We could say that the expression is our whole nature in action to bring forth the idea. Sometimes we forget that if we do not interpret an idea correctly, but form a wrong concept or belief about it, we still "put ourselves" into it and it manifests—but not in the type of conditions we desire.

The "whole Spirit of God," or Holy Spirit, moves the whole nature of God into action through the Idea (Son) and brings forth only perfection. We can see why Paul could say of Jesus Christ, "in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily" (Col. 2:9). As the Holy Spirit moved through Jesus Christ there was nothing in Him to prevent its perfect expression, so He was the actual manifestation of the God nature. Paul tells us that Jesus was tempted but He was "yet without sin" (Heb. 4:15). From this we conclude that Jesus, being aware of His place in the Holy Trinity as the Son, allowed the Holy Spirit to move through Him without interference. Jesus was able to say, "Not my will, but thine, be done" (Luke 22:42).

The Godhead or Holy Trinity is not some mysterious entity set apart from our lives. Right understanding reveals our place in the Godhead. Charles Fillmore refers to the Holy Trinity and our part in it as follows:

"If you would know the mystery of Being, see yourself in Being. . . . Throw yourself out of the Holy Trinity, and you become an onlooker. Throw yourself into the Trinity, and you become its avenue of expression. The Trinity is known commonly as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; metaphysically it is known as mind, idea, expression. These three are one. Each sees itself as including the other two, yet in creation separate. Jesus, the type man, placed Himself in the Godhead, and said: 'He that hath seen me hath seen the Father.' But, recognizing the supremacy of spiritual Principle, which He was demonstrating, He said: 'The Father is greater than I'"

Metaphysical Bible Dictionary | TruthUnity

Seems to me that the 'truth' about Trinity is not fixed; rather random depending on what one considers the source should be.

This is what is interesting about religion...

There are folks that want to stick with the ways and thoughts of thousands of years ago despite new information.

Awful.... used to mean full of awe...something wonderful full of wonder...but awful has changed.

Gay? how about Cell? Or Bad, or Tight or Hook up?

in our lifetime these have changed meanings...

or Cult, Rubbers, Thongs?

Yes the word Trinity had a meaning when it began... The Surprising Origins of the Trinity Doctrine | United Church of God

And now means different things to different people.

Back