overcome by bliss

wil

UNeyeR1
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I've just had another moment.

Just sitting, on the way of waiting for the computer to load the forum...

Bliss....bliss overcame... me.

Now I am recently laid off, unemployed, got college bills due for my twins that start this year and have to figure out how to keep them in school....

and bliss...washed over....

The site opened up and I almost posted this in divine intervention v. divine inspiration....was I intervened or inspired with bliss...I don't know but it still lingers...as I thought to start a new thread....I noticed a PM, from a friend, and the bliss persisted... I sat and contemplated wondering the whys and hows, contemplating my moments of bliss and how they are most often not, not when everything is wine and roses.

I remember another time....getting out of my truck in a hot parking lot, having to walk a long way across the hot black top, high heat, high humidity I began to sweat immediately and I'm headed for a meeting, a meeting which I was told to go handle, a meeting which I was told was not going to go well...to make the best of it and report back...

No shade in sight, a long sweaty walk headed into a meeting that had no indication of being very productive for my company....and bliss washed over me. like now...everything was completely at ease, like getting the medication pumped into your viens for kidney stones and the pains of the world washing away and not a care in the world as you watch the clock slide down the wall from your hospital gurney....bliss....but without the drugs...without the lack of control....simply bliss....

I've experienced it before as cars passed me on the highway, hitchiking in the middle of nowhere, no money in my pockets or very little headed on....bums they called us then...not homeless...just bums....but bliss would overcome...as cars wizzed by....or as I was rolling out a sleeping bag in the woods....bliss.....

When do you find bliss? Where do you find bliss?

I don't consciously create it, it simply flows in unexpected but is all encompassing...and beautiful. Thank you G!d!

Awesome post, great notion for discussion. I recently was arrested (found not guilty by reason of temporary insanity) for spousal assault. After the judge lifted the restraining order I picked up my bride (of 30 years) at the airport and we just held each other (to the clapping of onlookers) as we cried. The peace and love just flow into one at the oddest moments.

Peace and Love Unto You, My Friends! Radarmark

Reactions: wil
What can be said here?

You have found your natural state, but it seems so foreign that you must post about it.

For me, this is the great crime of society, always we are instructed to worry about what has happened, what might happen. A situation is created where we go on missing what this moment can offer and consider it normal, when we hit, it seems amazing. What have we done to ourselves?

This, we call culture, tradition - it is nothing but a burden.

Yes, but we must deal with the hard realities of the world which imposes certain restrictions on us. It is really nice to know someone believes those realities (like how do I eat tomorrow) are cultural.

Pax et amore vincunt omnia Radarmark.

bliss

good clean acid
loving relationships
freedom

although some of teachings that i have been looking into recently would say that bliss is just another sensation and therefore transitory so dont get hung up on it, just enjoy it while its lasts.

What can be said here?

You have found your natural state, but it seems so foreign that you must post about it.

For me, this is the great crime of society, always we are instructed to worry about what has happened, what might happen. A situation is created where we go on missing what this moment can offer and consider it normal, when we hit, it seems amazing. What have we done to ourselves?

This, we call culture, tradition - it is nothing but a burden.

I am not worried. I wonder how it occurs...I love it, yet it is fleeting moments...maybe a minute or two...maybe five minutes or five seconds, but when it occurs, when it is gone you know it. I don't get it in meditation, I don't instigate it....it just washes in like a wave or a cool summer breeze.

So when is bliss for you? Is it constant? Is that what you are saying?

Thank you Wil, for sharing something so intimate. You show great courage and openness, qualities I find very admirable. In the journey of our humanity it is nice once and a while to see a little sparkle in a friend.

I've just had another moment.

Just sitting, on the way of waiting for the computer to load the forum...

Bliss....bliss overcame... me.

Now I am recently laid off, unemployed, got college bills due for my twins that start this year and have to figure out how to keep them in school....

and bliss...washed over....

The site opened up and I almost posted this in divine intervention v. divine inspiration....was I intervened or inspired with bliss...I don't know but it still lingers...as I thought to start a new thread....I noticed a PM, from a friend, and the bliss persisted... I sat and contemplated wondering the whys and hows, contemplating my moments of bliss and how they are most often not, not when everything is wine and roses.

I remember another time....getting out of my truck in a hot parking lot, having to walk a long way across the hot black top, high heat, high humidity I began to sweat immediately and I'm headed for a meeting, a meeting which I was told to go handle, a meeting which I was told was not going to go well...to make the best of it and report back...

No shade in sight, a long sweaty walk headed into a meeting that had no indication of being very productive for my company....and bliss washed over me. like now...everything was completely at ease, like getting the medication pumped into your viens for kidney stones and the pains of the world washing away and not a care in the world as you watch the clock slide down the wall from your hospital gurney....bliss....but without the drugs...without the lack of control....simply bliss....

I've experienced it before as cars passed me on the highway, hitchiking in the middle of nowhere, no money in my pockets or very little headed on....bums they called us then...not homeless...just bums....but bliss would overcome...as cars wizzed by....or as I was rolling out a sleeping bag in the woods....bliss.....

When do you find bliss? Where do you find bliss?

I don't consciously create it, it simply flows in unexpected but is all encompassing...and beautiful. Thank you G!d!

This post brings back memories, wil. There was a time I felt such bliss that everything I touched gave me warm fuzzies. I viewed the experience to be a connection to our source of life, the pure energy that stems from life itself (God). I actually hugged a tree during that state, haha.

I must have been in that pure state for a few hours and it stuck with me for months after until it just kinda just fizzled out and I regained my normalcy, only to have the memories of what I viewed to be an encounter with the purest energy I've ever experienced, true bliss!

Good stuff!

Yes, but we must deal with the hard realities of the world which imposes certain restrictions on us. It is really nice to know someone believes those realities (like how do I eat tomorrow) are cultural.

It is quite funny, isn't it? So many restrictions, yet we call ourselves free...

It is difficult to fight for something you've never had, to insist on something you do not understand, because then something pseudo is perfectly fine - you have no idea it is not what you asked for.

Those that see, though, what can they do? The propaganda is so effective that people will actually fight to remove their current "rights".

I am not worried. I wonder how it occurs...I love it, yet it is fleeting moments...maybe a minute or two...maybe five minutes or five seconds, but when it occurs, when it is gone you know it. I don't get it in meditation, I don't instigate it....it just washes in like a wave or a cool summer breeze.

So when is bliss for you? Is it constant? Is that what you are saying?

It is when I fully accept the whole, see the opposites as merely the circumference and traverse the radius's to the center. It is not a constant, no, but it is not accidental either. Life is hectic, it is difficult to remain in that balance and still participate - at least currently. You cannot instigate for the simple reason that you do not know how it occurs. It is certainly a meditation when it is intended, it is the effort. You, the dewdrop, simply melt into the ocean and there is a great bliss. Perhaps your bliss experience is different, perhaps circumstances are different and you must find what is common for yourself. It seems it is similar, a great unburdening within.

It seems strange that there are these instructions I have just laid out, yet I will say do not let it become a desire to control it. When you desire control, it is of mind, but this is not it. You just let yourself fall into the ocean, gravity is already doing the work, but you are creating a friction. You know the place, there is no reason for the friction, the falling is enjoyable as you have experienced it.

Thanks for sharing Wil. I experience a similar sensation when playing with my young daughter and trying to see the world from her perspective. Or when working in the garden and losing track of time and "suddenly" it's nightfall.

I think for me bliss is when I can wash away the daily trials, tribulations, and distractions and instead focus on the present moment and the simple pleasures in life. When I'm "in the zone."

Hi Wil —
I've just had another moment...

I had one riding up an escalator on the Underground (subway, to you) ... everyone coming down was loved, and everyone was made beautiful by it.

Hey, and you've got twins! Something else in common!

God bless,

Thomas

I've just discovered, uncovered, realized a minor trigger....

Your posts regarding your bliss....bless you.

Discovered is not really the correct word, it is - as I stated - your natural state! Can you stay there? It is you who is blessed though, and of course that is what bliss means - a state of recognizing you are blessed :)

Pleased for you, play with it!

Can you go deeper? The deeper you go, the more pleasurable it is!

Discovered is not really the correct word, it is - as I stated - your natural state!
Ah, sorry, don't want to mislead you or Wil here, I was talking of a higher state.

God bless,

Thomas

The higher I speak is not of this world at all.

Bible says we can see the Kingdom of God before we taste death... what can be higher than this? Maybe you think this means we can teleport somewhere before we die and see the Kingdom?

Back