overcome by bliss

I used to get up in the morning and walk out and get the paper. A tradition which allows a team of people under the guidance of a corporation to start my day in big bold letters with intent of an emotional response to their leading, salacious, shocking headline. If it were only proving the news that would be one thing. But if it bleeds it leads is a standard...get them to read our paper (our ads for prophet and our dogma, get them to believe as us) is the end goal...but it starts by creating the daily habit of watching this news channel, this place on the radio dial (remember dials) or this newspaper or magazine.

Get you information from US!

And while all you posters are no different (each and every one of us wanting our belief to be validated, our thoughts to be listened to, our words to be honored) we are not a cohesive team...some of us may regurgitate in the manner of the team (religion) we play on. But starting my day here is different...

BLISS....experienced before I even get out of bed! As I read from our little band of cohorts sharing their thoughts you cause my wheels to turn, activate memories of different things I have read, experiences I have had and inspire me to share (in truth about 75% of my edited responses font make it passed my various filters and end up not posted as I realize they are two over the top or pointed for amicable I/O discussion.

So bliss...BLISS...before I got out of bed...a wave of happiness, joyfulness, gratefulness flowed over me. I am so blessed to have this group as one of my tools for joy (and warding off dementia). You make me think, look up things, contemplate...and most of all ....wonder.

Now I have a third boob (between and lower than my nipples) which has been growing (a hernia of fluid from my chest cavity which squeezed out through an opening in my sternum as a result of open heart) my condition is such that unless it becomes a medical issue...it aint worth putting me under to fix. (Too many other problems to endanger to warrant minor surgery) I sorta love it, I may be delirious but my aneurysm is at 4.9 now and they dont operate till 5! Lol...

So maybe it is some endorphins, or dopamine, or delirium...but I prefer to see that I get more enjoyment out of the cogitation, contemplation, and circumambulation than whatever exists in this world or on this site that agitates me.

You are part and parcel for my bliss, causing me to rise above this world's issues...

Thank you all.

And while all you posters are no different (each and every one of us wanting our belief to be validated, our thoughts to be listened to, our words to be honored) we are not a cohesive team...some of us may regurgitate in the manner of the team (religion) we play on. But starting my day here is different...

I am not here to be validated. I came here to experience new perspectives so that I might learn something or find something I overlooked. This was a mistake. I'm better off studying on my own and coming to my own conclusions. I appreciate that everyone here has been so nice, though.

This was a mistake.
Your insights and discussion will be missed.

I may be weird but I enjoy diversity in thought, culture, religion, race, etc. Give me gay/straight, black/white and everywhere in between I feel we gain by exposure to other perspectives. Our personal beliefs are honed an expanded by defending / sharing them with others and by reading/hearing the beliefs of others...

My vocation was construction, my avocation clowning and juggling. In construction I was the proverbial jack of all trades, master of none, that experience (vs education) propelled me into management and jobs where my cohorts had degrees and masters.

Same with juggling...if I would have focused on one prop I could have been in the center ring with clubs, or balls, or Diablo or a robotics, or clowning...instead I gravitated to agent, and running workshops with people whose abilities and knowledge dwarfed mine, yet in was one of the ringleaders.

I see the same here... I grow by the challenges...yet dont find that one thing that most of you have...a well worn path that feels comfortable to travel.

I am not here to be validated. I came here to experience new perspectives so that I might learn something or find something I overlooked. This was a mistake. I'm better off studying on my own and coming to my own conclusions. I appreciate that everyone here has been so nice, though.
This is the exact challenge of taking about it. Sometimes it feels like talking about it causes us to lose it. You bring inspiration to others here. Sorry you have to go.

Does that mean what I think it means? You are leaving? This is a pity.

We could still have that discussion about Buddhist / Gnostic dialectic, I'm interested in what went on in central Asia where Manicheans, Nestorian Christians, Buddhists, and Zoroastrians met and traded ideas during the first millennium of our era.

I found it when I went on treks in Himalayas. It still lingers.
I am sure it does!

The bliss I get from nature returns to me when I see pix...or smell smells...the memory comes back and along with it ....the feeling of bliss.

Or the sound of a newborn cry, or a child's screech of glee...or random laughter.

I do separate that insentivised bliss from external input from the irrational bliss that bubbles from the unknown.

Does that mean what I think it means? You are leaving? This is a pity.

We could still have that discussion about Buddhist / Gnostic dialectic, I'm interested in what went on in central Asia where Manicheans, Nestorian Christians, Buddhists, and Zoroastrians met and traded ideas during the first millennium of our era.

Not necessarily, I just have to rethink what I have to gain from this forum and be more realistic about the fact that a large book written by known scholars on a subject is probably going to be more informative than short, anonymous internet posts.

However, that does not preclude the possibility that I still have a lot to learn from being here, or that some might be able to point towards scholarship that I'm unaware of. I think the conversations here still have merit. It's just of a different kind.

I think the conversations here still have merit. It's just of a different kind.
Well, I'm not a scholar (but Thomas is, and when he senses serious interest, his posts can get very informative and not short at all). I'm more into the immediacy of direct experience, which doesn't translate well into abstract text. But I like to ask questions.

Thanks for giving us a second chance!

Well, I'm not a scholar (but Thomas is, and when he senses serious interest, his posts can get very informative and not short at all). I'm more into the immediacy of direct experience, which doesn't translate well into abstract text. But I like to ask questions.

Thanks for giving us a second chance!

Yes! It is always interesting to see how theory is put into practice, and the experience of those who have lived it. In many ways, it can bring a deeper understanding that formal scholarship can't (and shouldn't strive to) provide.

still have a lot to learn from being here
It is not what you have to learn from us...

But what you share with us! Don't be so selfish (just kidding)

Seriously it isn't even that...for me it is the spark that ignites from what one person says, and then the next response creates another from someone else.

It is weird.sometimes we have to quell the prophets and preachers...but having another unique point of view that isn't obstinate is refreshing.

You are appreciated.

Back