Was JESUS the only heavenly being to incarnate into the human community from heaven?

Discussion in 'Abrahamic Religions' started by donnann, Aug 17, 2011.

1. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Re: Was JESUS the only heavenly being to incarnate into the human community from heav

Then that would be yes....to everyone....spiritual beings having a human existence....most completely unaware.

2. donnann

donnann Active Member

Re: Was JESUS the only heavenly being to incarnate into the human community from heav

Ok picture a big giant angel. Literally a giant compared to a human being but looks like a human being. You are the smaller version of this , you will never be as big. So its a no.

3. donnann

donnann Active Member

One more thing the incarnated being is in somewhat weak human condition and is always identified by the miracles all of them happening to its body . Someone that is only human trying to claim they are literally a prehuman divine being is no different than what the fallen angel did. So in one way your right everyone has their own divine self but encoded within your own cell is a number that is your highest self and that number cannot be changed so someone can never become something they are or were not. Created in the image of like god but not god.

4. donnann

donnann Active Member

888 refers to the human body that is one with its spirit and soul so thats the purpose for the incarnation. However there are 10 its 101010 but some of them are sex related which I wont discuss.

5. donnann

donnann Active Member

Ill post later tonight when I have a lot less distractions and am a lot less annoyed.

6. Amica

Amica Member

Between Jews, Christians and Muslims, only Christians believe Divine can incarnate. Outside these Abrahamic faiths, many have believed in incarnation: pagans, Druze, Bahai, Mithraism, etc. So, monotheistically speaking :D some who belong to monotheistic faiths believe it Jesus to be the only incarnation. Polytheistically, the history gives enough evidence to us that the world have many incarnated saviors way before Jesus.

7. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

lucifer in English Gematria Equals: 444
    lucifer in Simple Gematria Equals: 74
    jesus in English Gematria Equals: 444
    jesus in Simple Gematria Equals: 74

:eek:

8. radarmark

radarmark Quaker-in-the-Making

I still like what my bride of 35 years says "they are all the same soul coming back again and again" or what the Native American Church says "what makes you think Christ Jesus cannot come back as a Peyote button?".

Pax et amore omnia vincunt.

9. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

There are no miracles and everything is a miracle....depending on your definition.

I believe that as well as

We are all divine, all incarnate, or none of us are...depending on your definition.

note former is and and latter is or ... depending on your defintions.

10. radarmark

radarmark Quaker-in-the-Making

No mind? Never Matter!

Believe in everything, nothing is sacred.

Believe in nothing, everything is sacred.

11. Thomas

Thomas Administrator Admin

Yes you can, but that's a generalisation, and as such misses the point.

Generalisation again.

So ... ?

That's wrong. The Son is begotten, the Father is not begotten.

God bless,

Thomas

12. Thomas

To understand what Christianity is saying requires you understand what Christianity means by what it says, not what you mean.

My definition of a circle could be 'something with five sides' — which is not going to help my kids doing their geometry homework.

We-e-e-e-ll, that's very vague, and open to all sorts of misinterpretation. For example: What happened to the human who's body is was?

OK, but that's not what Christianity believes.

They don't believe that either, so you're on your own here, I think?

Ditto.

If you mean incarnate like Christ ... no, and nor do I think they claim to be, and I think the Buddha would say the question is invalid anyway?

God bless,

Thomas

13. Lunitik

Lunitik Interfaith Forums

Maybe you can explain how this works...

The father is not begotten, so there was never a beginning... cool, whatever, logic and religion rarely coincide.

What exactly was God doing before he created the Universe? Why did he decide to create this existence? Even if you say there was a prior existence, God has still preceded it because he was not begotten. Where has he come from in the first place? Was God bored in heaven? Also, if the Father and Son are One, how can one beget the other? I'm confused.

When it boils down to it, none of this really matters at all, it is not going to help anything, it just appeases our intellects so we can move onto the next question. That is all such statements can ever do: create more questions.

14. Thomas

Whoa! What texts? What do they mean by the term 'saviour'?

God bless,

Thomas

15. Thomas

Who's feeding you this? I'd ask for your money back. It's no Christian concept I've ever heard.

No. The 'divine' by (Christian) definition is not corporate, is not composed or parts, and transcends all forms such as 'body', 'soul', and 'spirit'.

God bless

Thomas

16. Thomas

Again, not in Christianity they ain't ... angels are not divine, they're angelic ...

There is an argument that polytheism was 'resolved' by relegating the gods to the angelic orders, but there's more to it than that.

In the same way Greek philosophy would argue that a God, to be God, must be Absolute and Infinite, and therefore there cannot be two or more gods, any more than there can be two absolute or two infinites.

So in the journey from polytheism to monotheism, angelology might be a nice solution, but it's gone a lot further than that now.

Angels, in the Christian Tradition, are, I think, radically different from angels in the Hebrew Tradition — but bananabrain might correct me there.

God bless,

Thomas

17. Lunitik

donnann: Jesus is simply an enlightened being.

You ask what happens to the human soul when this occurs? It never was to begin with, it is ego which insists we are something separate but we all have our being through God - we have never been separate, any of us. The enlightened person has simply gone into death - samadhi - and has retained nothing of himself afterwards, all that is done is God's will now, there is no possibility of free will.

Jesus has certainly been guided towards a very particular teaching, that of love for all and the ceasing of sacrifices. This will have been delivered through intuition, it is not true to say God has spoken from a cloud or whatever else - these are symbolic at most. If Jesus is God incarnate, then all enlightened people to ever exist have been God incarnate - that is at least millions of people since the dawn of man. Jesus has benefited from the Roman Empire adopting his faith to unify the Empire, but he wasn't even the only rabbi doing "miracles" in Israel at the time - thus likely not the only enlightened being present in that small part of the world.

Of course, Christians won't like this statement, but it is better than letting you try to wrap your head around all this incarnate stuff...

18. Lunitik

In Christianity, God cannot be absolute or infinite because humans are not God and retain souls after death - thus there is somewhere where God is not. Also, angelic beings too, apparently God is not where they are according to your statement here...

19. Thomas

Maybe in your world, not in my (Christian) world.

We believe the Incarnation is a divine nature manifesting Itself in and through human nature ...

God bless,

Thomas

20. Thomas

Perhaps, but the Incarnation as understood of Jesus is different from the gods who walked among men ... so whilst that statement might be generally correct, once you look into the theological claims, and the metaphysucal principle, then no, I think in that instance Jesus Christ as the Incarnate Son of God and Second Person of the Blessed Trinity is unique.

God bless,

Thomas